How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I started a new career as a 21 year old fast bowler. Wickets are definitely hard to get but lack of edges is off putting. In four matches so far, I have only got one edge that did not carry. All my wickets are bowled or caught at mid on or point. I hope as I learna few tricks I can get some varitey in dismissals.

When I updated to patch #2 it gave me something about a corrupted profile, so I wasn't game enough to try my existing save (for now).

In the interim, I made a bowling all-rounder (my first love), and I have to say I LOVE how the batting pans out now. First class cricket I'm really enjoying batting now, from memory my last 5 innings have been 68, 12, 24, 63 and 73 with an average of 48 playing for my home state (South Australia)

List A I've only played 1 game thus far but I managed to make 40 before I was clean bowled playing down the wrong line.

Really don't like the incremental difficulty thing in career, especially since you can't have one level for batting and another for bowling. Doesn't make any sense to me. It's just bumped me up a level and now I'm just getting bashed around the stadium...which is no fun.

Yeah, I suppose I'll improve, but I've got a far better idea of my (terrible) skill level than the game has :mad

Going to agree with this. My bowling average was less than 2 an over before and now I'm lucky to keep them to single figures - being smashed all over the place. Trying to keep the game challenging is one thing, but ruining it completely is another. I started on the difficulty I did for a reason.

Bittersweet experience at the moment, was having a pretty decent career pre patch, runs was coming, averages were decent etc, since patch 2 however it has all gone downhill, yes im happy for the realistic fielding and placement, but really not liking the changes to batting, majority of the shots (cut, pull, offdrives) go in the air, no matter the timing, it was much better b4. Secondly, there are more edges while batting, I could understand this for bowling but there was already enough for batting imo, if anything more variety was needed as the majority used to go to the keeper b4.

Any1 hv any advice to combat this, played a practice math everything was perfect (timing, footwork, shot selection), 1- the aforementioned shots still went aerial 2- actually got an edge to the keeper one time (yes this can happen but rarely if the batsman is played as well as i mentioned)

Following up on my previous post, just had the most awful evening of playing this game, which I did to try and relieve stress. Ha, so much for that. "Having fun, are we? Well, let's just put the difficulty up and see how you like that". So much almighty tweaking bullshit. I'd barely started performing well on the previous level. If I'd wanted to make the game more challenging, I'd have done it myself. Let's say I get the hang of this level eventually, and it's just going to go up again. I was happy on Pro, found it to be comfortable and realistic, and was just starting to get the hang of performing consistently. I still got out frequently and my bowling strike rate was pretty poor to average, but I could contribute from time to time or help keep the runs down. So annoying to have all that thrown away.

I am in 2nd year of my career Ethan Hunt and i Am captainn in all three fomat in nindian team .i am palying my 2nd BBL.in my 1st year i am captain of CSK in IPL and win also.
in T-20 my batting card.& Bowlling

Attachments

• 2014-07-07_00004.jpg
    2014-07-07_00004.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2014-07-07_00009.jpg
    2014-07-07_00009.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 24
I am in 2nd year of my career Ethan Hunt and i Am captainn in all three fomat in nindian team .i am palying my 2nd BBL.in my 1st year i am captain of CSK in IPL and win also.
I look forward to hearing how your career ends up.

I'm the opposite. I love the incremental difficulty, I think it really gives you an opportunity to blood in precisely how you want your player to play and get the controls down first.

Followed my first first-class 50 with another 50 in the second innings - but everyone else in NSW decided to be dismal that day, so we ended up losing by an innings and around 50 runs. Sigh. Still, notching that average up and I'm starting to get noticed for the English one-day/longer formats, so goodo.

I'm the opposite. I love the incremental difficulty, I think it really gives you an opportunity to blood in precisely how you want your player to play and get the controls down first.
Wouldn't be so bad if it was one level, I think, but as I understand it's two. As I'm probably just short of Pro, so would have to start as Rookie, spend a season carting it everywhere, and then wait for amateur, etc. Those are long seasons too if you bat & bowl.

Followed my first first-class 50 with another 50 in the second innings - but everyone else in NSW decided to be dismal that day, so we ended up losing by an innings and around 50 runs. Sigh. Still, notching that average up and I'm starting to get noticed for the English one-day/longer formats, so goodo.
That's one of the things I love about the game. 4th day in a test, looked like a draw, decided win might be on if I attacked. Got 80 ish, 70 runs to go and the rest decided to totally collapse and lose by 3 runs. Sometimes they just don't want your help.

i decided to delete my career as the game became alot harder to bowl at

Most people they will improve greatly as they play through their career, we need to compensate for that by increasing the difficulty as would happen in real life if you we selected at higher representative levels.

You are meant to earn a good career and it's meant to feel good when you do, it's meant to be an achievement worth having.

There are always casual matches if you want a specific difficulty.

Most people they will improve greatly as they play through their career, we need to compensate for that by increasing the difficulty as would happen in real life if you we selected at higher representative levels.

You are meant to earn a good career and it's meant to feel good when you do, it's meant to be an achievement worth having.

There are always casual matches if you want a specific difficulty.

Don't get me wrong, it was going good up to the patch 2 kicking in, since it kicked in i suffered badly as a bowler during my career so i had no alternative to delete my career as my rating will plummet and crash

I have played the game only since patch 2 (PC) and I think the game difficulty is pretty much balanced in regards to the career aspect of the game.

My averages arent great but they are improving all the time, isnt that the aim of a career mode?

Appreciate that it should be a challenge, I figured the improved stats at international class (say) would account for some of that. But there are no doubt people for whom 'Rookie' or 'Amateur' is the correct level, which means the career is just going to get too hard for them. I'll probably get good enough for Pro, eventually, but I'm terrible at these games and Veteran will likely always be beyond me. So I'll be not taking any wickets or scoring any runs, which doesn't sound much fun :)

I'd like to add I *love* the career mode, and it does so much right - if there were some way of fine tuning the difficulty/disabling auto level/whatever works, it'd be great from my point of view.

Also having the flat bat pull / cut shots going in the air "problem". I think the issue is that I'd imagine a lot of people have developed a style of play based on patch 1 physics and now that things have been tweaked it's thrown things out of whack a bit. My career batsman was seriously leg side focused and that doesn't really work for me any more. Taken a leg stump guard and playing more through the off-side (which feels way more forgiving post patch 2). Only pulling / cutting when the gap is there. Just takes time to apply yourself a new way of playing the game.

I do think it's a bit bogus that you can't keep your cut shot down but not sure if that will come with better skills?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread