How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I agree with what some of you are saying about aggression - it will definitely make the game more realistic but as of now, I'm pretty much happy with the way it is but in future if the Big Ant team can come up with something in this regard, it would definitely take the game to a whole new level. :)

Coming back to my career mode, started playing Australian county and made my first 50 overs 100 (140 to be precise) yesterday. Already have a FC century. I was wondering, has any one got selected for their national side yet?

Completed my first year. I'm a 17-year old now. No breakthroughs yet, but have a "Fair Way Off" status for 2 sides.

Completed my first year. I'm a 17-year old now. No breakthroughs yet, but have a "Fair Way Off" status for 2 sides.

Had that too in my first year. By the time I entered my 10th everything became no chance:mad

^ You're in the 10th year :eek:?

I am supposed to be a batting allrounder and have been failing miserably in batting. My batting average is like 10, which is terrible for a 2-down batsman. Apart from that, I've been doing great in bowling with my pace. Been taking some quick breakthroughs and five-wicket hauls.

What does the upper right star and level mean?

Hi all :wave

Have managed to finish up a season, I was wondering if anyone could explain what the stars and level in attached actually means, I get that I am level 4 now, but the one star, not 100% sure. With Thanks, Afro.

Attachments

• don1.jpg
    don1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 40
Have managed to finish up a season, I was wondering if anyone could explain what the stars and level in attached actually means, I get that I am level 4 now, but the one star, not 100% sure. With Thanks, Afro.
That's nothing directly to do with the career - just your overall game XP. You get XP awards after a match, and after a certain number you rank up - after 10, you get another star.

Basically it's just arbitrary numbers to make you want to keep playing.

got out for 88 against Western Australia :(

I feel your pain - I played onto my stumps on 89 the other day! :facepalm

Just got set 533 to win against Somerset - we made it to 518-7 and then the final day's play ended - couldn't believe it after we got so close, haha! My performance bumped me up to helmet level #2 and thus Veteran difficulty though, so I'm hoping I can handle the jump.

Finally hit first 50 in first class cricket. Oddly, I ended up smashing it at miles better than a run a ball.

Ended up getting 60 off 40 balls all up, which, given that the last four innings featured two ducks and about ten runs in total, I'm not too unhappy with. I've been super impatient lately.

Just got Bairstow LBW. Impact was outside leg and it was missing the stumps. Given that I've had some that have been absolutely plumb and not given, I'm going to take that one! :lol

I agree with what some of you are saying about aggression - it will definitely make the game more realistic but as of now, I'm pretty much happy with the way it is but in future if the Big Ant team can come up with something in this regard, it would definitely take the game to a whole new level. :)

Coming back to my career mode, started playing Australian county and made my first 50 overs 100 (140 to be precise) yesterday. Already have a FC century. I was wondering, has any one got selected for their national side yet?

Yeah, was selected for a test match scored 6 & 73 as a batsmen batting at 5 and picked up 2 wickets but was dropped after that. My career age is still 16.

Last edited:
Really don't like the incremental difficulty thing in career, especially since you can't have one level for batting and another for bowling. Doesn't make any sense to me. It's just bumped me up a level and now I'm just getting bashed around the stadium...which is no fun.

Yeah, I suppose I'll improve, but I've got a far better idea of my (terrible) skill level than the game has :mad

Just finished my first season as a bowling all rounder and things are looking good for my player so far. I started out in English county and ended up playing in all the T20 comps.

Gotta say though, the bump in difficulty to helmet level 2 hits you pretty hard. Does anyone know how many ranking points it takes to trigger the next helmet level?

Career2.png

Users who are viewing this thread