How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Frnds... Am Jithin... Here Is My Career Update... (1 Pic - My Selection Status) (2nd Pic My T20 Career Record) (3rd Pic - My One day Record) (4th Pic - My 1st class Record) Now going to play my first ODI Match...!!!!

Hi Jithin Jose!! You have until I wake up and have lunch around tomorrow afternoon (which'll probably be later than 2 GMT) to prove that you own the game, or I'll infract you for pirating it. This'll have given you 24 hours since you're initial post and as near as makes no difference the same time since Matt questioned you on it which apparently you have seen.

pwool06

School Cricketer
I was left devastated last night opened the batting with victoria we were 2/32 Cameron white came into bat we put on 199 runs then I edged one to the gully fieldsman out for 90 I have not made a ton with this career player and have only made 2 since buying the game on the day of release . I'm playing on pro difficulty

ninjapintu

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Made a new career. Selected an offside based opener this time. Choosing offside is working really well for me. Made a few fifties and now a 100 as well in just my first few matches.
Edges while playing drives have reduced a lot and I can play a lot more freely now.

Here are the wagon wheel and the pitch map of my century

lT3gdRK.jpg

TzYRwKk.jpg

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
After a fantastic 1st year as a No3 batsman, scoring 1500+ runs in 16 games @ 50+ in 1st class and 700+ in 13 games again @ 50+ in list a, my 2nd year has been a nightmare!! After 3 1st class games and 2 list a games I've managed 1 50. I don't think the game gets harder as years progress and I'm still only on amateur but for some reason I'm having real trouble! Its become a challenge and I'm really enjoying it!

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Absolutely stoked, finally got my 2nd year goin, after a string of failures hit a 199 ball 150. Longest innings I've played in any career! I left nearly everything outside off unless it was short and wide, very patient. Have to say I don't mind waiting a little longer for patch 3 if there will be more of an off side line involved, its definately my weakness. I don't quite understand the skill points system though, as I hit a few cuts only to be given on side points! My player is terribly lop sided in the skills department, front foot, on side and straight bat are far higher than the rest despite playing quite often off back foot and pulling(back foot/flat bat) or cutting(off side?)

Bluebagger

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Career mode is tweaked for me. When you start a new career and put down your nationality you become eligible for the wrong nations. Spend time setting up my player only to start and be playing for England. Changing teams in the career list designer doesn't seem to work either, I just spent however long trying to work out which teams are what only for it to not work this is great huh I guess I gotta go and reset the academy and lose all of my customs teams fearsome tweak this

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Career mode is tweaked for me. When you start a new career and put down your nationality you become eligible for the wrong nations. Spend time setting up my player only to start and be playing for England. Changing teams in the career list designer doesn't seem to work either, I just spent however long trying to work out which teams are what only for it to not work this is great huh I guess I gotta go and reset the academy and lose all of my customs teams fearsome tweak this

damn kolpaks.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
There is a bug where the 'International Affiliation' selection when you are setting up your player doesn't update to show the correct team names - but if you select the team that you replaced in the list, you'll get that side.

If you randomise the appearance it will change the country even if you selected something on the first screen. Otherwise, I can't think what else would be causing it.

If you upload your custom sides to the academy you could reset and then just download them again - there's no reason to lose teams.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Corrected..:D
Nope. Haddin is a far better keeper than the Dhoni and Akmal. Only recently he took a brilliant diving catch in front of 1st slip. I have watched him taking diving catches on the leg side as well. His Ashes and test record as a keeper is improving by every match he plays. I would prefer Haddin any day as a stumper in my team ahead of Dhoni and Akmal particularly for the test matches.

Hartley

Club Captain
Its getting fun but more challenging for me when i was getting out and to control the way i was getting out
I generally go out for R/O or Caught in Slip or Keeper or long on/off
Bowled out very rarely (may be 5-7 times over 2 seasons of time)

Users who are viewing this thread