Your Cricket How Cricket Australia is legislating the passion out of the game.

Seoken

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was recently given LBW and it was an off spinner and the ball was travelling straight outside off stump I believe it wasn't out, it may have been out who cares I was out none the less.

But anyway, i got angry and swore a bit as-well as saying it wasn't out (while walking off the field mind you) and i got called up by an official umpire for dissent. Now the ICC states that "Showing dissent at an umpire's decision by word or by action" is an offence. I believe this means directly talking to the umpire about the decision.

But this is stupid, I was not showing dissent. I was simply unhappy and I verbalised it, I was simply being passionate. I never refused the decision I was just disagreeing.

P.S I never said anything directly to anybody until the umpire talked directly to me.

P.P.S This may have just been an incident where a really stupid umpire that has a bit of an superiority complex makes him think he can control U17 cricketers, but sorry i don't comply to an idiot.

Sorry i had to quote the ICC, the cricket Australia one is different but i couldn't find it. I will change the Original post once i find the Australian one, it's worded slightly different.

Still, a bit extreme to say they're legislating the passion out of the game, just for what a local umpire said.

Users who are viewing this thread