How Much Would You Pay For Hosting (HELP NEEDED)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11215

Hello,
In the near future im very likely to setup a hosting site, now were i need your help. I need people to suggest prices for these plans or even come up with plans and tell me if they'd be interested in buying them at that price or if its too little or too much.

**COMPETITION**​
I Will be giving reps for the best feedback and help and possibly even free hosting if your really helpful.​
****​
Starter Plan
10mb Space​
1GB Monthly Bandwidth​
1 mysql databse​
Possible Price: ?2 per Year​
Small Site Plan
100mb Space​
4gb Monthly Bandwidth​
2 mysql database's​
Possible Price: ?4 per year​
Medium Plan
250mb space​
10gb monthly Bandwidth​
5 mysql database's​
Possible price: ?8 Per Year​
Large Plan
750mb space​
20gb monthly Bandwidth​
10 mysql database's​
possible price: ?12 per year​
Custom Plan
0-5GB Space​
0-Unlimited Bandwidth​
1-75 mysql databases​
possible price: ?2-?60 a year.​
Any responses regarding prices interest or anything else to do with the site post here feel free to post plans you'd like to see and deals.
Cheers duded64 :cool:

wrong forum, looks good though, Starter Plan would do for me :D hey I was looking for a cheap domain any help?

sorry its in the wrong place a mod can move this for me, however what you just said isnt very helpful to my research please explain more why you'd need the started :)

I'd say you need a hell of a lot more than 10MB. I would have a look at these guys, they really caught my eye. Their starter plan is also about ?2 ($3.95), their next is at ?3.50, and their largest is still only about ?7. Its an American site, so thats why I've given you approximate ?s. Their plans are alot better. I found them on a reviews site for web hosts btw.
www.ixwebhosting.com

just looking isnt that $3.95 a month? this is yearly

duded64 said:
just looking isnt that $3.95 a month? this is yearly

Oops, my bad, your offer isn't bad then. Even ?60 a year is quite reasonable, only ?5 a month. I personally would go for most expensive option that I could afford.

thats fine mate im glad to point it out; as for the most you could afford would you mind making a plan and making a rough price then i might add that to my list ;)

These are really cheap. You could probably milk some more out of clients. I am guessing you will not be personally hosting your servers...?

I'm currently paying about $80 a year for a Medium-Large type of plan.

duded. Some of those plans u can get for free with unlimited databases and other extras.

if you run alot of php and mysql stuff id go for one with alot of databases etc. Maybe customise your plan.

To see free hosts www.freewebhosting.net/forums there are always good offers

duded64 said:
Large Plan
750mb space​
20gb monthly Bandwidth​
10 mysql database's​
possible price: ?12 per year​
That plan does sound very good, although they all sound a bit too cheap, I doubt it would be profitable to offer that much bandwidth for that price, in fact I doubt that you could even break even, especially if most of the websites go near or over the limits. If you were somehow able to do it for that price, I doubt many people would think you were reliable, which is very important for a host. I would say raise that price to ?35 and include a domain name and you could have a winner

well at what price would you be willing to pay? i need to get the right blend so i get enough customers

embi said:
I'd say you need a hell of a lot more than 10MB. I would have a look at these guys, they really caught my eye. Their starter plan is also about ?2 ($3.95), their next is at ?3.50, and their largest is still only about ?7. Its an American site, so thats why I've given you approximate ?s. Their plans are alot better. I found them on a reviews site for web hosts btw.
www.ixwebhosting.com
yup me and kev use ixwebhosting, so damn cheap. we use the unlimited win plan which is only $15AUD a month, unlimited everything!

Guys duded, nice plans , although i would like to show something.

www.profusehost.net

1 GB Disk space
100 GB Bandwitdh,
unlimited my sql, postegresql.

All the latest softs.
Cpanel, ftp, all scripts ( PHP, Perl, Python, Cgi , many more i cant even remember :p )
and many many more features. without ads, atleast i have not used the adcode till now :D:D:D:D . excellent service, no downtime still now, great experience

aLL THIS FOR FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how would some paid hosting compete with this if one can buy a domain also for just 8 $ ????? :D:D

What interests me more is what kind of equipment are you intending on using to run this? What kind of firewall protection do you offer for example?

I dont honest think I'd pay anything for hosting done on a small scale, your better off having your site hosted at a professional site.

Users who are viewing this thread