How Much Would You Pay For Hosting (HELP NEEDED)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
Sites like profusehost beat the hell out of people, and i would only advise you to start the business if u can atleast have two servers with high speeds, and u can provide as many features as you can , like antivirus, blogs, installer scripts like phpbb2, Yabb etc.

P.S - It has come to my ears that people think my above post is not worthy. I would like to say that i explained it all to give an advice to duded that with what he ahs to compete ;)

please guys i need your help dont go posting other sites, thats not what this thread is for!

Kev said:
What interests me more is what kind of equipment are you intending on using to run this? What kind of firewall protection do you offer for example?

I dont honest think I'd pay anything for hosting done on a small scale, your better off having your site hosted at a professional site.
I'm pretty sure he is reselling hosting (correct me if I'm wrong) so he's probably buying a bunch of stuff wholesale and then selling it. It's not that much of a risk going into it--I currently buy hosting from one of my friends who is reselling hosting. A professional company would no doubt be a better choice (as long as they are what they claim they are) but then you got to factor in the price and people's interests.

As for free hosting--I wouldn't touch it for anything minutely important with a 1-mile stick. I had a prety good plan at a site offering free hosting a year or so back; I logged back in one day and saw that my database had become corrupted. When they finally restored everything, the php-nuke portal had become inactive. I didn't want to expend my energy setting up and customizing the site again so I just left them. Since then, that free site has been downgrading it's free services and upgrading its paid services.

I'm not going to make a generalization, but with free hosting you're really holding yourselves ransom--because if something goes wrong you have no case.

Kshitiz_Indian said:
Sites like profusehost beat the hell out of people, and i would only advise you to start the business if u can atleast have two servers with high speeds, and u can provide as many features as you can , like antivirus, blogs, installer scripts like phpbb2, Yabb etc.
Once again, I don't think he's running his own servers (are you?) and as for the features, all you need is Fantastico on cPanel and you get all that. I'm not sure how much a cPanel license costs, though...

me said:

I hope this is something you are looking for :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well i dont wanna talk much about free hosts, but all i wanna advice to wil is that stay alert, there are some free hosts which are professional and have been seving for years, so u will have nice competition ;)

ive made a homepage what do people think of this? too dark? unprofessional? all thoughts welcome

Thanks usy for making the logo :p. anyway best of luck.

ok the site is almost done, i really need help with people coming up with plans, please come up with plans

Hey, so could you clear my doubts and tell me if you are reselling hosting from a bigger company or actually hosting your own server?

Also, you may want to work on getting rid of the grammatical errors from your text as that can go a long way in getting new customers.

im using a reseller but in time ill be moving to my own server, at least i think i shall, also i will fix all before it goes online, also will people please post if there interested or not.

LATEST PLANS:

Basic Plan
1gb Bandwidth
50mb Disk Space
1 mysql table
1 Subdomain
1 ftp account
3 email accounts
?7 per Year

Personal Plan
150mb Disk Space
2.5gb Bandwidth
3 subdomains
3 mysql tables
3 ftp accounts
10 email accounts
?10 per year

Silver Plan
300mb Disk Space
5gb Bandwidth
5 mysql tables
6 subdomains
5 ftp accounts
100 email accounts
?15 per year

Gold Plan
500mb Space
7.5gb Space
20 Subdomains
10 mysql tables
unlimited ftp accounts
200 email accounts
?20 per year

Platinum Plan
1gb Space
10gb Bandwidth
unlimited mysql tables
unlimited subdomains
unlimted subdomains
unlimited email accounts
?35 per year

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the feedback duely noted. any other people got feedback and is anyone interested in a plan?

hey duded that looks real good man, best of luck.

OH I thought you were buying hosting. that would explain my lame post on the other page. I didnt read your first post properly

Nice plans there duded except maybe i would maybe have a free plan and make the plans databases go from 3 for basic, 6 for the next one, 10 for the next one, 20 for the next one then go unlimited

if you ever start with your own servers you will have to buy a cpanel licence to do it just telling you.

Straight from Cpanel.com

One time licenses are currently priced at $1225.00 USD. This includes one year of standard support, as well as free upgrades for two years, or to any newer version of cPanel (whichever is longer). Additional years of support can be added for $200. Additional years of updates can be added for $300 USD

One year licenses are currently priced at $425.00 USD . This license includes one year of support and updates. Unlike the one time license, which never expires, this license is valid for one year.

Anyway best of luck with it

I think he told me he is going to get that tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread