How to make bats in cricket 2005.

barmyarmy said:
It's been made and is in the bat pack released tomorrow.
cheers mate thanks a lot but is that the green one or the silver one

and where do i get photo shop

monty: the computer shop:P, you can download 'GIMP' for free, its basically a free photoshop.

make the damn templates bat dissapear from the batpack :p in the australia v sth africa match im playing over half the team used the template bat. im sure its not an icc approved bat

is the roster file right mwaugh? you need to go mydocs/easports/cricket2005 and put the roster.ros file inside your roster file that should be there already (called yourname.ros; its a folder, if not go into cricket 2005>my cricket>rosters>save) then delete the .ros file inside the folder yourname.ros and name the .ros file from the zip to what the one is that you delete:P if any of that made sense.

no none of that made sense :p. nah its all working fine appart from the templates that keep popping up. ive got the version you had/have does that make a difference?

MWaugh said:
no none of that made sense :p. nah its all working fine appart from the templates that keep popping up. ive got the version you had/have does that make a difference?

Yeah, you're still using the beta version...
Download the full version from the link on the front page of the site.

Burma's Finest said:
In theory, at least, the size of the image shouldn't matter as long as the aspect ratio remains constant for the UVW mapping co-ordinates to take care of the placement.
langerrox said:
i found out that 2gb bats do crash, for me atleast after you autoplay it crashes,

This may be old hat to everyone but me by now but I've tried to create a bat at double the standard resolution (i.e., 512x256) and it seems to work fine: displays nicely and no crashes (yet)! But, as I said, maybe this is old news.

Attachments

• bat_test.jpg
    bat_test.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 194
im taking that you mean 256x512, in that case yeh it works but have to keep the file size small, see my download thread i have made some new bats with '2GB' templates (the 256*512) bats.

langerrox said:
im taking that you mean 256x512, in that case yeh it works but have to keep the file size small, see my download thread i have made some new bats with '2GB' templates (the 256*512) bats.

Forgive my laziness for not searching through your lengthy thread but the file size I ended up with was 260k (for the .bmp) and it seems to work fine.

yeh i got 256k too, i think exceeding 260kb + with anything inculding stadium graphics will cause game to crash.

I seeemed to get 384kb for mine. I haven't tested it inside the game but through the player editor. That seemed to work just fine

since this is the batmaking tutorial thread, i've got a tip for making realistic grips.

First, you copy your existing grip into its proper area in the template. If the grip is just one color, use the rectangular tool to select the entire grip, and fill it with the matching color. Next, go to Filter>>Texture>>Texturizer. Mess around with the settings til you find something you like, and there you go. A realistic rubber grip for your bat.

If your grip has different patterns, use your lasso tool to select parts of the pattern and fill them in with the proper color. Apply the filter once you are done coloring in all parts of the grip.

Users who are viewing this thread