How to make bats in cricket 2005.

Very Good Tutorial, however you have missed something very important. The normal size of the BMP when extracted from the FSH is 128 X 256. However if you change this to double size (256 x 512), you end up with a much higher resolution bat, like my Powerbow posted earlier.

great find donjuay only problem is that its hard finding good quality bats that are that size, i will try making one that size now,

donjuay said:
Very Good Tutorial, however you have missed something very important. The normal size of the BMP when extracted from the FSH is 128 X 256. However if you change this to double size (256 x 512), you end up with a much higher resolution bat, like my Powerbow posted earlier.

We did this for C2k4 and it worked brilliantly. Can you explain the process in detail with FshEd as I thought doing this would make the file too big.

barmyarmy its exaclty the same as my tutorial execpt when u open the bat template change image size to 256x512!

Yeah I made one and it looked great.
I'm not convinced it can work though because it makes the fsh file 128kb instead of 33kb which usually causes some graphics to be displayed incorrectly or the game to crash. I might try and put the bat I made into a few different ones and see how it goes.

Sounds great if you guys can pull it off. I find these bats in cricket 05 lose quality whereas in previous version you don't lose too much quality when you shrink the size of the bat image

Langerrox can u make a albion helmet like the one the Ausies use please.

heh, wildwil mate, i dont have a clue about helmets:p ask rahul f0bstyle or cjackson!, they made helmets before

Last edited:
once again, nope lol! sorry i havent learned, i only know bats and stumps, thanks colin for posting, looks bit blurry:s

Using Larger 32 bit BMP's

Attachments

• crick2.jpg
    crick2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 239
  • crick3.jpg
    crick3.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 230
  • crick4.jpg
    crick4.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 230
looks good, but me and colin both think that making larger files will crash the game/damage your .gob etc, so for the moment stick to 16bmps until we find out, good work otherwise,
offtopic: how did you get a straight on shot of a powerbow?

langerrox said:
offtopic: how did you get a straight on shot of a powerbow?

probably cut and pasted it vertically i would think???

Users who are viewing this thread