HOW TO: Play Ashes Cricket 2009 on a Standerd Definition TV in USA

pathikdesai

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So if you bought the game in USA and have a standard Definition TV, the game will give you a Video Output error. There is a fix to this and it requires a little Disc Swapping :facepalm

ok so here is what you do:

1. Put in Resistance: Fall of Man (NTSC)
2. Start a Single Player Campaign Mission
3. Press Start to Pause the game
4. Press Eject on PS3 and swap the game with Ashes Cricket 2009
5. then go down to Where it says "Save and Quit" on the Menu
6. Ashes is going to boot up.

Ashes is a Sweet Game but requires an HDMI connection in USA to work, this little trick makes it work on a standard Def. TV for us people who dont have a HDTV or dont have a HDMI cable :D

enjoy!

pathikdesai added 5 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

If you have questions about this method, contact me on PSN my ID is PADownz :D

ksduded

Club Cricketer
So if you bought the game in USA and have a standard Definition TV, the game will give you a Video Output error. There is a fix to this and it requires a little Disc Swapping :facepalm

Ashes is a Sweet Game but requires an HDMI connection in USA to work, this little trick makes it work on a standard Def. TV for us people who dont have a HDTV or dont have a HDMI cable :D

enjoy!

bows down in appreciation

(even though I have HDMI, I just became a fan of your creative skills)

AtOmX

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
i got ps3 from US. and i got a standard tv,do u think i need to do this swapping thing to play this game...

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer

enjoy!

I am assuming you can try this with any PS3 NTSC game and not just Resistance: Fall of man.

Do you get the same problem with EDTV (Enhanced Definition TV) as well?

pathikdesai

School Cricketer
I am assuming you can try this with any PS3 NTSC game and not just Resistance: Fall of man.

Do you get the same problem with EDTV (Enhanced Definition TV) as well?

No you HAVE to use Resistance Fall of Man, there is an exploit in this game that sony fixed with a patch, but if u delete ur game data then run the game without installing the patch, it works like a charm. and YES if u have a SDTV and you have a NTSC PS3 console, You HAVE to use Resistance exploit. The trophies, Online and everything works fine. HDTV should work fine ONLY if you have an HDMI cable, if you use COMPONENT cables with an HDTV, you must run the REISTANCE EXPLOIT mentioned above.

enjoy :D

pathikdesai added 3 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

i got ps3 from US. and i got a standard tv,do u think i need to do this swapping thing to play this game...

Yes, You will need a copy of the NTSC version of Resistance: Fall of Man. this game requires you to have a HDMI connection to an HDTV to boot on a NTSC console, so therefore you need to run this exploit.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
No you HAVE to use Resistance Fall of Man, there is an exploit in this game that sony fixed with a patch, but if u delete ur game data then run the game without installing the patch, it works like a charm. and YES if u have a SDTV and you have a NTSC PS3 console, You HAVE to use Resistance exploit. The trophies, Online and everything works fine. HDTV should work fine ONLY if you have an HDMI cable, if you use COMPONENT cables with an HDTV, you must run the REISTANCE EXPLOIT mentioned above.

enjoy :D

Do you have to use Resistance: Fall of Man or Resistance: Fall of Man 2 works as well? Thanks for the info though. Appreciate it.

pathikdesai

School Cricketer
No Resistance: Fall of Man (NTSC) is the only game known to work.

Can someone please sticky this? i know a lot of people need this info if they are from the West Indies, USA, or have a USA console in UK or something.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
No Resistance: Fall of Man (NTSC) is the only game known to work.

Can someone please sticky this? i know a lot of people need this info if they are from the West Indies, USA, or have a USA console in UK or something.

Thanks a lot for the info. I was planning to get a PS3 soon and wouldn't have known about this work-around.

pathikdesai

School Cricketer
can anyone put this in the tutorials? I am sure many USA players are looking for this, thanks

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Wow.

If you have the money to spend $600 USD on a PS3, I dear hope to God you have the money to spend $150 USD on an HDTV (HDTVs come in smaller sizes too you know..)

Users who are viewing this thread