How to play Straight Drive?

plague

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

I seriously have trouble playing straight drive pass the bowler. I was in Legends Batting Training when I keep trying to play passed the bowler but I either hit it straight to catch by the bowler or he fields it. I can't hit it passed him unless I slog it.

Any suggestions on how to actually do that? I have the same problem with square drive as well. I keep hitting it straight to the fielder.

Warney keeps telling me to put more power but I am playing the shots at perfect timing from the correct placement. So how can I do what they ask?

How can I do that? I pressed 'S' key and played the shot (Ctrl+Down Arrow). Any other way?

Oh well the patch made it harder to get past this stage, so it shouldn't be top hard unpatched.

Try aiming away from straight a bit, just past the non-striker.

Hi,

Installed the patches and I have been playing and this is one shot I just can't seem to play. Everytime I try, it either goes to the bowler or hits the non-striker. Or sometimes it goes to the fielder. I am trying to do the Legendary Batting skills and I am stuck in the attacking one because I can't seem to play this shot. :(:help

Read Botham's instructions carefully. Try to play a shot that's juuust in the middle of mid on/off and straight. It works. If you still can't get through it then I will make tutorial video for you.

Thanks. I didn't know I can set the angle in advance and play the shot only. I was trying to do the angle and the shot simultaneously and that was why I was having trouble.

I have passed that stage now. Stuck at Taking Guard lesson where I must leave an inswinger. Every ball bowled in that over comes straight to the wicket. How can I leave any?

Anyone have advices on that? Maybe the patch has made the bowling accurate.

Yes. Every time. I tried it many ways. First ball. After hitting a few boundaries. After hammering him for 5 balls for sixes. No luck. :(

Tried that too. The baller pitches it right in front of the off stump and it is an inswinger that swings slightly so it always knocks off and/or middle stump. :(

Users who are viewing this thread