How to play Straight Drive?

Then all you can do is either:

A) Restore your original .exe (if you made a backup)

or,

B) Reinstall AC09 without deleting your savegames (or just make a backup of them before you reinstall).

hmm... that's disappointing. May I know what I will get after completing the batting practice?

You have to complete both the batting lessons and challenges. After completing those you unlock a stadium, I think Antigua & Barbuda or Edgebaston.

Edit: Actually I haven't completed the batting challenges myself, so I don't know whats going to be unlocked, but its definitely a stadium. Go to the Pavilion->Unlocks & Rewards>Stadiums (should be stadia because its the plural of stadium) and cycle through them to see how to unlock multiple stadia.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

I am enjoying playing this game. Quite challenging when playing in very hard. I do however find it annoying that the computer seems to be able to hit sweepshots and leg glances for six and four even when I pitch the ball away from the off stump. :mad: Apparently footwork is not a problem for them. :noway

I am wondering though. When do player lose their freshness because even after 10 overs, the baller seemed fresh. His confidence level changes but freshness remained the same. Any idea on how long they should be out?

I still can't score off the straight drive. I just played a practice test where I tried to hit a whole of them and every single one was to the fielder, caught or hit the other batsman.
On the postive side I've discovered that you're far less likely to get caught in the offside playing off the back foot so next time someone packs the offside field...

You have to hit the ball in the middle of straight and mid off/mid on.

Or maybe the hard difficulty level is stopping you from hitting straight drives. :sarcasm

I still can't score off the straight drive. I just played a practice test where I tried to hit a whole of them and every single one was to the fielder, caught or hit the other batsman.
On the postive side I've discovered that you're far less likely to get caught in the offside playing off the back foot so next time someone packs the offside field...

Have you applied the patch? Before the patch, bowler seemed to catch everything for me but after the patch, it was not so. However, note that you can set the angle before the ball is bowled and do not have to hold that angle when playing the shot. So first press straight down (If you are playing in PC, press 'S' key. Then press 'A' slightly so that the angle changes. I usually move it to away from the bowler in the off side. Then when the ball comes, I play front foot attacking shot. Works fine.

I can play the straight drive shown in the video buts its not as easy getting it between the stumps and the non striker. Either it hits him or the bowler catches it but I've seen the AI hit that line before.

Users who are viewing this thread