How to run/nudge the ball down to third man?

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Hi,
Just bought Cricket 19 for PC, and I've been trying to play a shot that apparently is not in the animations.

You know how players sometimes sort of open the face of the bat and play the ball with soft hands so it goes between the slips and towards 3rd man for four(or a single if there's a fielder there)? Is there any way in Cricket 19 to play that type of shot?

Playing on classic controls, I tried with the general pointing the R stick towards 3rd man but the batsman sort of swats at the ball. I even tried the aggressive ground shots and precision shot but the batsman tries to cut the ball everytime instead of just slightly nudging it. With the defense button, the ball basically stops right on the pitch as if it's 5 grams in weight. Is there any way to play that kind of a shot?

To be perfectly clear, this is what I'm looking to play:

Please help me out if I'm missing something.

Thank you :)

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hi,
Just bought Cricket 19 for PC, and I've been trying to play a shot that apparently is not in the animations.

You know how players sometimes sort of open the face of the bat and play the ball with soft hands so it goes between the slips and towards 3rd man for four(or a single if there's a fielder there)? Is there any way in Cricket 19 to play that type of shot?

Playing on classic controls, I tried with the general pointing the R stick towards 3rd man but the batsman sort of swats at the ball. I even tried the aggressive ground shots and precision shot but the batsman tries to cut the ball everytime instead of just slightly nudging it. With the defense button, the ball basically stops right on the pitch as if it's 5 grams in weight. Is there any way to play that kind of a shot?

Go on back foot.Its R2 on Standard but I dont know about classic.Hold R2 and then play it towards third man.

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Go on back foot.Its R2 on Standard but I dont know about classic.Hold R2 and then play it towards third man.
Thank you man. I'll try this again but as far as I've seen, the batsman tries to cut the ball or swat it like a hitting a fly with a bat when I play that shot on the backfoot. It doesn't look natural at all.

I'll try this again and report back. Thanks again

D

Deleted member 185125

Hi,

Nope, it isn't there.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi,

On Classic, first put the left analog stick on backfoot (downwards), hold it and then take the right analog stick towards third man. It does work to an extent. Also, this can be done to a ball outside off stump, and the bat will open the face of the bat a little too much, but this is the best I have managed to do...

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
I've done it before. I don't remember the combo.

A few times it goes to fine leg though lol looks so glitchy, I've seen similar shots in real life but not to that extreme.

Addy

National Board President
I've done it before. I don't remember the combo.

A few times it goes to fine leg though lol looks so glitchy, I've seen similar shots in real life but not to that extreme.
there is an option to turn them off in custom difficulty. just turn shot replacement to 'OFF'

Reactions: DAP

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I use classic (I think it is with both sticks) and you can play it with both front/back foot, with the RS pointed at the 4-5 o'clock position. However its more a swat than a dedicated glance from a block. I've tried that but kept nicking it to the WK or slips so gave up.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They simply need to add more shot animations which atleast get triggered in certain cases depending on ball bounce & the direction of RS.....

Although the animations look elegant but the moment the shot is missed due to varying bounce the elegance looses its charm as it becomes fruitless & manytimes even leads to loosing wicket by way of plumb in front of clean bowled...

Users who are viewing this thread