HowZat.com Free Cricket Game - We've live!

Yunno'. Before they put in a tournament/league option into the game. We should hold like a PC tournament.

A few suggestions:

A) Bowling from both sides of the wicket

B) Points for 50runs, X Wickets etc so the loser can also score achievement points, otherwise there is no motivation to play better players as if you lose, its a waste of time.

C) Display the levels in numerics instead of the silly bars

D) Restrict the movement of the batsman. Even Radius Vector was standing 4-5 feet outside of the leg stump and cutting deliveries. Thats just not cricket.

E) Faster throws for the fielders

F) Faster game speed, bowler takes too long to run up, too much time inbetween deliveries, no feel of momentum, 5 over matches feel like an eternity

Its a great game, and I am really looking forward to the improvements. They implemented many of our suggestions during the beta and I am looking forward to the improvements they make in the upcoming weeks.

A few suggestions:

B) Points for 50runs, X Wickets etc so the loser can also score achievement points, otherwise there is no motivation to play better players as if you lose, its a waste of time.

D) Restrict the movement of the batsman. Even Radius Vector was standing 4-5 feet outside of the leg stump and cutting deliveries. Thats just not cricket.

F) Faster game speed, bowler takes too long to run up, too much time inbetween deliveries, no feel of momentum, 5 over matches feel like an eternity

Its a great game, and I am really looking forward to the improvements. They implemented many of our suggestions during the beta and I am looking forward to the improvements they make in the upcoming weeks.

You should really read my list... it's already in there...

You should really read my list... it's already in there...

I was unaware only 1 person is allowed to make a list. :sarcasm

The more people that mention issues the more likely they are to fix them. I participated in both betas and I feel I have to right to express my views to the developers.

A few suggestions:

Hello Hmarka,

Regarding your suggestions,

A - This will be plugged in shortly
B - HowZat is the first of it's kind to feature an advanced levelling system, and most of it is still being tested. Issues like these are well addressed, with each player winning a handsome number of points for each little achievement
C - We'll see what we can do
D - This comes back to point B. Lower level batsmen will not be able to shuffle across as much as, say a level 10 batsman. Once this is implemented, you'll have this issue fixed.
E,F - This comes down to the game dynamic. We're doing everything we can to improve the user experience, but this will be done a bit later, since there are more important features to be rolled out first.

Thanks for your feedback!

:clap :clap :clap

Three Cheers for the Howzat crew. EA and Codemasters could learn a lot from you guys.

Ok, Just encountered a bug.. The ball was hit to the boundary, and the game got stuck. The batsmen can still run, and nothing's happening :p

Ok, Just encountered a bug.. The ball was hit to the boundary, and the game got stuck. The batsmen can still run, and nothing's happening :p

Similar thing happened to me! I was playing with the bouncer guy (i don't remember his name) and I was left with 9 to get from 2 balls. I hit a shot to the leg side, the fielder stopped, but then!, the fielder is frozen, I could run as many runs as possible, and got 8 out of it, and it counted!

That'd have embarrassed him pretty much. :D I was like "Take that you bouncer head!"

:p

Similar thing happened to me! I was playing with the bouncer guy (i don't remember his name) and I was left with 9 to get from 2 balls. I hit a shot to the leg side, the fielder stopped, but then!, the fielder is frozen, I could run as many runs as possible, and got 8 out of it, and it counted!

That'd have embarrassed him pretty much. :D I was like "Take that you bouncer head!"

:p

Hi, we're troubleshooting this issue. It's a simple fix from our side. I've sent you a PM :)

Radius_Vector added 0 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

This is mostly because of network issues, Abhas. Did the game resume normally after this?

That happened to me against a bouncer guy. I was about to win and he kept trying to get me to quit. When I told him no he started flooding the chat with "-----" and the game froze.

Just encountered a minefield :p

miners.jpg

Has anyone noticed that the throws are now noticeably faster !

Yes, you're right.. the throws are faster, and there has been a tweak to timing as well. I find the six shots much harder to time!

Users who are viewing this thread