Hurricane in the USA

themuel1

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Iv'e just seen on the BBC six o'clock news report on the hurricane in New Orleans. It's disgraceful!!! The USA have a massive army and still can't be bothered to evacuate people. I saw one helicopter bringing food, no one got out!!! The food/water was left on the floor, as if feeding dogs! I think this is showing George Bush's capibility as president, that is nil.

I bet you that when Blair saw this (whatever you think about the guy) was straight on the phone offering help.

BBC news correspondents are saying that they think because it is predominatly black and poor it is being kinda ignored. I really hope this is not the case!!!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Money for the relief effort in New York after 9/11 was no problem. But when the victims are poor, largely black people, it is a problem. It was no problem for the rich, largely white population of New York.

One problem is that most of the soldiers who would normally help in the relief effort are in Iraq, as are most of the helicopters!

Of course Bush was warned years ago that storms such as this would become more serious and more frequent, but he decided to get different scientists instead, who would tell him something different. Because acting on the original scientists advice would mean harming his big business buddies.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Hopefully politic's wont interfere with the aid these people need. No matter how you feel about Bush (Or American Policies) its not right that these people are left to deal with this on their own.

themuel1

International Coach
andrew_nixon said:
Money for the relief effort in New York after 9/11 was no problem. But when the victims are poor, largely black people, it is a problem. It was no problem for the rich, largely white population of New York.

One problem is that most of the soldiers who would normally help in the relief effort are in Iraq, as are most of the helicopters!

Of course Bush was warned years ago that storms such as this would become more serious and more frequent, but he decided to get different scientists instead, who would tell him something different. Because acting on the original scientists advice would mean harming his big business buddies.

I knew you would reply. Thank you for doing so.

themuel1

International Coach
andrew_nixon said:
I'm not quite sure how to take that........

It's not a compliment nor an insult. I don't know how you should take it. I meant it positively. It's what I would expect you to comment (post) in.

pal

International Coach
Very tragic, I hope Bush does his part in the Kyoto pact now, otherwise what goes around comes around.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
pal said:
Very tragic, I hope Bush does his part in the Kyoto pact now, otherwise what goes around comes around.
Unfortunately the Bush government has a distinct lack of respect for science, from the support for teaching of creationism in schools, right up to ignoring warnings about global warming. I expect little to change.

jdbais

International Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
Unfortunately the Bush government has a distinct lack of respect for science, from the support for teaching of creationism in schools, right up to ignoring warnings about global warming. I expect little to change.

Maybe a few more category 5 hurricanes will change his mind.

themuel1

International Coach
jdbais said:
Maybe a few more category 5 hurricanes will change his mind.

They have to go through Washington and destroy the white house before Bush does anything!

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
I heard that I woman has taped herself having a baby (while the hurricane was happening) and selling it for 9 million bucks US. Sounds like a dog's breakfast to me.
Not sure of the exact details, but think all the money will be going to charity.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Am I the only one to whom the looting, rioting and running battles with police using M-16's and AK-47's reminds of GTA? It seems to me that so many Americans have played at making gangs, looting shops and raping defenceless women and children that they already knew exactly what to do once the situation arrived in real life.
It seems to me that this has just been a glorified computer game for some people and they've been desensitized to what they're actually doing by these games.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
barmyarmy said:
Am I the only one to whom the looting, rioting and running battles with police using M-16's and AK-47's reminds of GTA? It seems to me that so many Americans have played at making gangs, looting shops and raping defenceless women and children that they already knew exactly what to do once the situation arrived in real life.
It seems to me that this has just been a glorified computer game for some people and they've been desensitized to what they're actually doing by these games.
Interesting theory. But I think this looting and rioting is part of the human nature. I doubt that a video game can have such a big effect on numbers of people, but you never know.

Here is a clip from Fox News from Hannity & Colmes. Parts of it are heart wrenching. I guess reporters are human too.

http://www.electricmac.com/Hannity-Colmes-Smith-Rivera.mov

Users who are viewing this thread