I am sorry as a potential buyer of DBC 17 , I am confused.

@Ross first of all I like to thank you and BA for DBC 17 which I think is a good game but has potential to be best cricket game ever made (right now IMO its still DBC 14). The foundation you have for DBC 17 is fantastic.

The Career mode is super good although missing some key features such as checking your stats outside of game, changing equipment such as bat, gloves, helmet etc.

The bowling system is fantastic and huge upgrade over DBC 14 IMO. The academy is a huge improvement over DBC 14 and the amount of customization is really good. On top of that if i am not mistaken the academy is cross platform which is also massive. I think i can count in one hand if I were to count how many games in the industry have cross platform support like that

But please try to look into the fielding AI while its good right now but it has some issues. Such as if a fielder saves a close boundary then he/she just waits there for a few seconds and then looks for the ball to throw back to the keeper or bowler if there isn't any other fielder behind him/her to throw back the ball. Right now it's too easy to score a single against fast bowlers. All you have to do is block and run. Their animation recovery is too long. By the time he/she recovers you will easily pick up a single. Tone down the AI for the wicket keeper. It's impossible to play cut shot against spin. You are guaranteed out if you play cut shot. The keeper catches the ball 100% of the time. Regardless of how hard/slow you hit the ball.

I would also go into the batting but many people already spoke about that and I share their opinion. So I am not gonna bother typing it up.

But Ross and BA this is not a negative post just pointing out some flaws within the game. If things such as these can be tweaked we will have in our hands the greatest cricket game ever made. Heck could be one of the greatest sports game ever made. I hope you guys look into the criticism on certain aspects of the game that the community is reporting on and try to work on them :)

Anyways i still think DBC 17 is a good game but given the right amount of tweaking and fixes. While adding some more "quality of life" features I think this game can be one of the greatest cricket/sports game ever made.

Good luck guys, looking forward to hearing from you guys and keeping us updated on what is to come for the game :)

It is safer to assume that the QA staff shipping any console game are not idiots and that there must be some constraints, issues, or unknowns at play.

.. that said, the entire QA dept of BA are certainly extremely embarrassed by the crashes that the logo's have caused, no one wants to have inflicted this degree of pain on anyone, particularly you guys.

These seem a bit contradictory to me.

Thanks for supporting us, I do appreciate it, we will learn from any mistakes that have been made.

Thanks a lot for your personal reply! It'll never happen with the CEO or Rockstar or EA. So thanks for making me feel part of the community :)
Apart from crashes, the one issue which annoyed me to the limit was the one where I am not able to edit the lineup before starting a match. Irrespective of the match(casual, tournament, etc, but not career), the test lineups are provided and I am not able to change it. Or worse if I try to change it, it makes some seemingly random changes and I end up with opening bowlers messed up. I had reported this is bugs thread. Hope this is addressed in patch 3. Wish you a great new year!

Thanks a lot for your personal reply! It'll never happen with the CEO or Rockstar or EA. So thanks for making me feel part of the community :)
Apart from crashes, the one issue which annoyed me to the limit was the one where I am not able to edit the lineup before starting a match. Irrespective of the match(casual, tournament, etc, but not career), the test lineups are provided and I am not able to change it. Or worse if I try to change it, it makes some seemingly random changes and I end up with opening bowlers messed up. I had reported this is bugs thread. Hope this is addressed in patch 3. Wish you a great new year!

They were meant to be contradictory, one is the way they feel, the other is my understanding.

I am already going through the threads and lists on here, I will be going to go through this with the team next Tuesday and actioning a patch asap.

One thing I take a bit of umbrage with.

You can't separate Ross and the "AAA" type game developers, because the publishing company decides to treat this as a AAA release with it's pricing of around $100. By putting that price tag on it, you're saying that it is as valuable as any of the EA Sports ranges and that we should anticipate that it's as good as them.

No. It is more than reasonable to separate the markets as they are not the same at all - it's not about the price an individual pays, it's the sum of all of the money paid by all users.

Anything you get that is niche or custom always costs more, always.

Simply put, if more people were to purchase cricket games then the price would drop - without the US as a market this is not foreseeable.

@Ross first of all I like to thank you and BA for DBC 17 which I think is a good game but has potential to be best cricket game ever made (right now IMO its still DBC 14). The foundation you have for DBC 17 is fantastic.

The Career mode is super good although missing some key features such as checking your stats outside of game, changing equipment such as bat, gloves, helmet etc.

The bowling system is fantastic and huge upgrade over DBC 14 IMO. The academy is a huge improvement over DBC 14 and the amount of customization is really good. On top of that if i am not mistaken the academy is cross platform which is also massive. I think i can count in one hand if I were to count how many games in the industry have cross platform support like that

But please try to look into the fielding AI while its good right now but it has some issues. Such as if a fielder saves a close boundary then he/she just waits there for a few seconds and then looks for the ball to throw back to the keeper or bowler if there isn't any other fielder behind him/her to throw back the ball. Right now it's too easy to score a single against fast bowlers. All you have to do is block and run. Their animation recovery is too long. By the time he/she recovers you will easily pick up a single. Tone down the AI for the wicket keeper. It's impossible to play cut shot against spin. You are guaranteed out if you play cut shot. The keeper catches the ball 100% of the time. Regardless of how hard/slow you hit the ball.

I would also go into the batting but many people already spoke about that and I share their opinion. So I am not gonna bother typing it up.

But Ross and BA this is not a negative post just pointing out some flaws within the game. If things such as these can be tweaked we will have in our hands the greatest cricket game ever made. Heck could be one of the greatest sports game ever made. I hope you guys look into the criticism on certain aspects of the game that the community is reporting on and try to work on them :)

Anyways i still think DBC 17 is a good game but given the right amount of tweaking and fixes. While adding some more "quality of life" features I think this game can be one of the greatest cricket/sports game ever made.

Good luck guys, looking forward to hearing from you guys and keeping us updated on what is to come for the game :)

I don't see the above as a negative post, it's pointing out issues that I will verify, and if they exist and are reasonably severe then we will fix them.

Thanks @Ross

I really appreciate your comments and owning a lot of criticism. I guess the majority of the people here were in shock as the expectations were too high. For instance, how could 360 shot placement, which was highly promoted for DB14 went out of the window.

I can understand some of the co-op features went missing but that could be that DB17 has started and DB14 was retrofitted. If you do play DB17 on co-op, the first thing you will notice that you have no clue who's facing when batting. The running control is then to follow. I believe just playing an over will reveal what is missing.

Hope you guys get this out soon. I am one of those who play with friends together and it is something that killed DB14 for me. It came too late.

I don't see the above as a negative post, it's pointing out issues that I will verify, and if they exist and are reasonably severe then we will fix them.

Can you give us a round about date for the release of patch 3 please. Would be very useful to know.
Thanks.

About the above post about fielder waits before throwing it back the issue Only occurs when we press triangle(ps4 controller) to tap the ball so right now maybe its programmed to be tap by one fielder and other fielder will pick the ball which works fine when there are two fielders running for the ball, but when only one fielder is running after the ball and when he tap the ball back he wait for a while and no other fielder is around so after few moments the same fielder pick up the ball to throw back so in that moment he gave extra runs.
one more thing mentioned before also and i double checked it before posting that while running batsman doesnot slide his bat on time in DBC 14 batsman sliding the bat was perfect but now it need some fix.

Writing drivers is *nothing* like writing for an open-ended user generated content system - as a professional you should know that.

If you've never written for console then I seriously think you're underestimating the task at hand, even the best of Rockstar and EA have games that are DOA - as the best engineers say, you don't know what you don't know, and you don't know it.

I don't get angry with customers that give us good feedback, indeed we have implemented many changes as requested by people from here. I do get annoyed, not angry, at people that make broad statements such as we need better QA staff based on their Zero years Console QA experience and their assumptions of what the job entails and its constraints.

It is safer to assume that the QA staff shipping any console game are not idiots and that there must be some constraints, issues, or unknowns at play.

Delete the logo data and you will be fine. The next patch will fix the vast, vast majority of issues.

Thanks for supporting us, I do appreciate it, we will learn from any mistakes that have been made.

Deleting logo data isn't helping me at all, as soon as i start the game again the logo data returns and the game crashes when i try and start any game with a tean that doesn't have a logo. which happen to be all the english county teams. I'm unable to play this game at all now, How do i get default logos back??????? this is ridiculous never known a game with so many bugs. :mad

I have to delete my saved profile and start all over again to be able to get all the default logos back then the game doesn't crash as much, but i have lost all my 200,000 xp etc which I'm not happy about.

You can change the line up - i find you need to select the correct format for the match on offer. For example i have created a T10 comp and i have to change the lineups in Other - because the format is T10 the Test, ODI and T20 line ups cannot be changed as you haven't select to play in either of those matches. Again i havent tried playing a T20 Test or ODI in casual as of yet so havent been able to compare. But i have definitely been able to change the lineup, however i do have to change the lineup for each game as i notice the other line up defaults to the test lineup (this was for national teams)

Deleting logo data isn't helping me at all, as soon as i start the game again the logo data returns and the game crashes when i try and start any game with a tean that doesn't have a logo. which happen to be all the english county teams. I'm unable to play this game at all now, How do i get default logos back??????? this is ridiculous never known a game with so many bugs. :mad

I seem to have logos on the all teams that have been created (bought the game after patch 2 had been released) and rarely have a crash.

I seem to have logos on the all teams that have been created (bought the game after patch 2 had been released) and rarely have a crash.
Research Question: is your ps4 relatively new? how many other games are installed on the ps4?

We have a theory that its a memory issue on the console itself, mine crashes and I have loads of games installed and my PS4 is one of the originals.... some who have newer consoles or with few games installed seem to have fewer to no crashes.

Research Question: is your ps4 relatively new? how many other games are installed on the ps4?

We have a theory that its a memory issue on the console itself, mine crashes and I have loads of games installed and my PS4 is one of the originals.... some who have newer consoles or with few games installed seem to have fewer to no crashes.

Very new and only have 2 games DBC 17 and Fifa 17 - only play sports games really.

The number of games or build of the PS4 won't effect the game.

Users who are viewing this thread