I got Cricket 2005

it rather does suck that you cant save inbetween overs on the xbox, or can you? i cant figure it out

adthomp said:
same with editing a player does it count as a created player like 2004 and you had to replace it with somebody (OK it sounds confusing but you know what I mean I hope)

If its the same as Fifa 2005 and Rugby 2005, there will not be a player editor at all, just create a player.

Strahan92 said:
Kaifu, Can you check if the stadium list in this thread is corrrect or if there is more than 1 stadium for Pakistan/India etc....

Thanks

the LIST is correct, i was playing WORLD SERIES, in ASIA, and it had only Kolkatta, Faisalabad and Kandy

Samhain said:
Seems to be a mixed bag at the moment.

Some saying it's good others that it's not.

i should say, after a 4 hours of continous play, the game is quite dissapointing.

1. the style of fielding has drastically improved, although throwing posture from deep,isnt at its best.
2. the batting (style) strokes, offside and ledside are quite dissapointing. the strokes are not actually as they wud say "COPY BOOK STYLE"
3. Fast bowling isnt effectively, fast bowling. it is lacking that SENSE of SPEED.
4. the AI has improved.
5. cut scenes, after every wicket are very repetitive. onl few CUT SCENES were made.
6. as the game boasted about the "CREATE A PLAYER" thing, i wud say that it has adopted FIFA's style.
7. only chance for the game to improve, is EA plug out HB for GOOD!

din_esh23 said:
Kaifu where did u got the game in chennai?

LANDMARK, nungambakkam. they seem to be having a bunch of copies.

LISTEN, if they say they dont have copies, they MIGHT be storing a copy or two, just in case. all u have to do is, meet Mr.Hassan, and tell him, im rohit's friend, i need CKT05!

Ste said:
It seems to me that the byes and lineup bugs from Cricket 2004 are fixed.

Ste

Thank goodness for that; it would have been inexcusable if they hadn't done anything about those shockers ! How about AI fields; are they a bit more sensible this time round ?

adthomp said:
few questions hehe have to wait over the weekend till I get it!

line up bug is it fixed??

hows create a player is it better then last year can you actually add them to a team without having to replace them??

same with editing a player does it count as a created player like 2004 and you had to replace it with somebody (OK it sounds confusing but you know what I mean I hope)

how about the byes?? i never really had much of a problem with byes as most people still happened only on bouncing wickets

I'm hearing about being able to appeal?? but people say they can't how about diving while running between wickets??

thanks if you have the time to answer anyone who has the game too

1. i dont know abt the line up bug, so far, i dont find anthing weird.
2. create a player has improved from last year!
4. no probs with byes
5. u have to use "W" to dive back into the crease, same is to be used if u try an ADVANCED SHOT and miss it
6. i havent bowled much, bcuz i was getting thrashed, but the BOWLING CONTROL in my opinion, is not so great!

Ste said:
It seems to me that the byes and lineup bugs from Cricket 2004 are fixed. You cant add players to teams without replacing someone else.

Ste

true, i tried it, but dint help!

I have played Cricket 2005 for longer now and I can comment on what I think about it.

This is what may put a lot off people buying it, but the gameplay is much the same as in Cricket 2004. Some tweaks have been made to the CPU pacing files, as the CPU now plays defensive and aggressive at just the right moments. This time around playing the game is actually fun, and taking a wicket feels like a massive achievement.

The graphics are an extraordinary improvement over Cricket 2004. The grounds look realistic and smooth and the player models are brilliant, including the faces. You can easily recognize Jason Gillespie and Brett Lee for starters. Nice addition is expressions on the player's faces. The bowler will be angry if the umpire turns down an LBW appeal and the captain looks worried if the match is in a tight situation.

I suggest everyone should at least rent the game or play it sometime, as you will regret it if you don't.

Cricket 2005 is on two discs, but disc two does a very small job in installation. I am going to read the manual soon.

If anyone would like any specific screenshots that you would like me to take then please post a request on this thread.

Lee :cool:

wat i expected, cricket 2004 + minor improovments + good yet rugby style graphics

BLC all the way for me

I'm back with two screenshots that might appeal to Colin...

scottishsaltiresvessexeaglesde.jpg

Darren Gough steams in for Essex against Scotland at Sharjah

scottishsaltiresvessexeaglesdi.jpg

The Saltires openers in deep discussion after surviving Goughie's first over

Well the players look cool coz from what i can see im pretty sure thats Gough bowling for Essex..? Graphics cant really be faulted. Im thinking i might pick up this game

dont get it for xbox im sending my copy back u cannot save during a match what is the point in that i cant bothered to play an entire 50 over match let alone a test match.

does anyone actually know if theres a save in match feature on the ps2 or pc version. and are the graphics on pc and xbox alot better than on ps2.
i am deciding which platform to get it on as i have all 3.

You have to play with Disc One in the drive at all times.

got my xbox version through the post this morning.....

Users who are viewing this thread