I need a little bit of help myself....

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi....acctually this sounds odd but i need to know what these 3 values mean or do :

ScoreBias

BatOrderLevel

BatRandomLevel

BatEdgeDifficulty

BatEdgeStroke

BatEdgeAverage

BatEdgeOrder

BatEdgeBias

acctually i had all the values written with their decsription in a TXT file just in case i forget what the values do. now that TXT file got deleted by accident and i'm on the verge of releasing my next patch. so i wanna make sure everything is OK.

so anybody plz tell me what these values do. plz explain them in the best possible way u can.

thnx.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
you can be a hero but you cant disguise your massive mole (he's gotta mole)

rocklara

International Coach
hey guys come on, we can give tutsi some help here, it was quite rude by telling him " go search the forums". he's helped to contribute to gameplay, and to make it a better, more realistic game. well tutsi, i was searchin the forum but couldnt find anything, although i remebered ravi or zim explaining this in detail, but cant remeber. but if i do get it, u can gurantee i will let u know.

Radaga

International Coach
I know what they all mean roughly, but i wont say because im not sure if its 100% right, i will check what i think with Ravi, if he aggrees i'll post it.

but a shorter way would be just to ask ravi straight up.

crick4life

International Cricketer
It will take a while for me write this down so will do it sometime later when I have good enough time.

manojkumar_ms

Club Cricketer
Hey Tutsi, I have one stroke editor tutorial by Zimrahil. Lets see it will help you or not.
Below follows brief explanations of what each value is referring to.

E.g.
StrokeAttributes

Type Moderate
EdgeModifier 50
EdgeModifier6 12
Difficulty 19548 Reward 23729
Difficulty6 45824 Reward6 52928
EdgeProb 5008 EdgeProb6 4160
BowlerTypes 15
BallStumps 1
BallBatsman 0
BallLength 2

Mode Normal KeyFrame 0
Frame 28
Vertical 95709568
Direction 43170173 DirectionArea 23570494
Power 1553207 PowerArea 516947

Type Moderate
Used for Cpu shot selection - as each ball is bowled the program decide if either a defensive/moderate/aggressive shot is to be played. Then depending also on the values stored in ballstumps,ballbatsman & ballength, a stroke file is selected.

EdgeModifier 12
EdgeModifier6 12
In my opinion the main values used to determine how likely an edge is to occur when playing this stroke. The higher the values the more likely there is to be an edge. However edge probability also is dependant on settings in the config file. (I.e BatWindowIdealSize and BatEdgeAverage etc)
EdgeModifier6 naturally refers to a Power Boost (6 Hit) shot being played, where as EdgeModifier refers to a normal powered stroke.

Difficulty(6) refers to how hard it will be to time a stroke correctly (keyframes - to be explained later). The lower the value the easier it is to perfectly time shots.
Reward(6) - Used for Cpu shot selection. As well as Type and Ball(stumps, batsman and length), the Reward value determines how likely a stroke is to be played in any given situation, The higher the value, the more likle the stroke is to be used.

Like with EdgeModifier(6) values explained above, this helps determine the liklihood of an edge occuring using this shot. The higher the value the more likely and edge will occur. In my experience this value is not as important as the EdgeModifier one.

BowlerTypes 15
Used for Cpu Shot selection
15 = shot to be played against all bowler types
14 = shot to be played against all bowler types (?)
9 = shot to be played against medium, med/fast and fast bowlers
6 = shot to be played against spinners only

BallStumps 1
BallBatsman 0
BallLength 2
Used for Cpu shot selection. This part in itself would take chapters to write to explain properly. Therefore here I will explain briefly how each values helps determine which stroke is selected depending on where the ball pitches

BallStumps
0 = ball missing leg stump
1 = ball missing off stump
2 = ball hitting stumps
3 = ball hitting anywhere

BallBatsman
0 = batsman to leg side of ball when playing stroke
1 = batsman to off side of ball when playing stroke
2 = batsman in line with ball when playing stroke
3 = batsman standing anywhere when playing stroke

BallLength
0 = ball pitching half way down the pitch (I.e. short pitched delivery)
1 = ball pitching on a good length (& just short of a good length)
2 = ball pitching right upto the batsman (full length, half volley, yorker)
3 = In my experience this is similar to 2, but more liklihood of this stroke being played.
4 = New value in C2004. Ravi may disagree(?), but I think it refers to any ball pitching outside off stump ?
5 = New value in C2004. Ravi may disagree(?), but I think it refers to any ball pitching outside leg stump ?

So in the example above
BallStumps 1
BallBatsman 0
BallLength 2

This refers to a ball missing off stump, the batsman standing to the leg side of the ball and the ball is pitched up (Cover drive)

Mode Normal KeyFrame 0
Mode = Normal. This is used if this stroke has been selected for a normal powered shot
Mode = 6 Hit. This is used if this stroke has been selected for a Powered (6 Hit) shot

Timing of stroke determines which of the keyframes is used

keyframe 0 very late timing
keyfame 1 late timing
keyframe 2 perfect timing
keyframe 3 early timing
keyframe 4 very early timing

Frame 28
This determine how fast the shot animation is used - the higher the value the quicker the animation. Best left alone

Vertical 95709568
This value determines how high the ball goes off the bat.The higher the value, the lower the trajectory. For guidance :
100000000 - 110000000 = heights used for slip catching.
130000000 - 150000000 = shots to travel along the ground

Direction 43170173
This value determines the direction of the stroke. Search the BLC forums or the BLC downloads and look for Shailesh's stroke direction wheel which gives explanations as to which directions the values refer to.

DirectionArea 23570494
Each shot has its own direction. However it would be boring if each stroke always went in the same direction, hence this value. The higher the value the more liklihood of the shot going to the left/right of the pre determined direction set in the Direction value.

Power 1553207
Determines the power of a stroke. By definition keyframe 2 (perfect timing) should always have the highest power values. For guidance:
Power 2500000 - 3000000 usually good enough to hit the boundaries.

PowerArea 516947
Like direction, it would be boring if each stroke was always hit with the same power. The higher this value the greater the power variation from the Power value set.
E.g if Power set to 2500000 (good power) and PowerArea = 700000, then high chance of this shot being hit with super power (eg Power 3000000) and high chance also of this shot being hit with low power (eg Power 1500000). If PowerArea for this shot was set to 1000000, then low chance of any variation of the shot being hit with anything other than 2500000 power.

For guidance:
PowerArea 6000000 = good variation of Power Ranges
PowerArea 9999999 = high variation of Power Ranges
PowerArea 1000000 = low variation of Power Ranges

Try the link too to download stroke wheel which has all the necesseary thiings in image file.
Try this link

http://www.3ddownloads.com/sports-gaming/blc/strokewheel.zip#

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
i was simply mocking hero for a pretty pointless reply to one of the best patch makers, it was a quote from bo selecta!

crick4life

International Cricketer
I may not be fully right but here is what I think about the values you wanted to know.

ScoreBias - This one decides how wide the scoring gap is for different set of teams. The higher the value bigger will be the difference of quality between the top ranked teams as compared with the bottom ones.

BatOrderLevel - This one points to the difference of batting quality in a team. Higher the value stronger the top order and vice versa.

BatRandomLevel - This value determines how many in the line up are in good batting form. Higher the value more batsmen will be in good form irrespective of whether they are tail enders or not. This is better used in conjunction with other values.

BatEdgeDifficulty - You may know this already, higher the value more the edges.

BatEdgeStroke - Again higher the value, higher the probability of edges but only played a stroke. Effectively this wont cause defensive shots to produce edges.

BatEdgeAverage - This is only a probability decider. Irrespective of what shot you play, it will produce edges based on the value. I think this should not exist at all really.

BatEdgeOrder - This value determines the edge order for a batting line up. Higer the value less the edges at the top of the order and vice versa.

BatEdgeBias - This value determines the edges produced on different sort of pitches. Higer the value bigger the difference of edges produced on different types of pitches and vice versa.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Originally posted by manojkumar_ms
Hey Tutsi, I have one stroke editor tutorial by Zimrahil. Lets see it will help you or not.
Below follows brief explanations of what each value is referring to.

E.g.
StrokeAttributes

Type Moderate
EdgeModifier 50
EdgeModifier6 12
BowlerTypes 15
BallStumps 1
BallBatsman 0
BallLength 2

Mode Normal KeyFrame 0
Frame 28
Vertical 95709568
Direction 43170173 DirectionArea 23570494
Power 1553207 PowerArea 516947

Type Moderate
Used for Cpu shot selection - as each ball is bowled the program decide if either a defensive/moderate/aggressive shot is to be played. Then depending also on the values stored in ballstumps,ballbatsman & ballength, a stroke file is selected.

EdgeModifier 12
EdgeModifier6 12
In my opinion the main values used to determine how likely an edge is to occur when playing this stroke. The higher the values the more likely there is to be an edge. However edge probability also is dependant on settings in the config file. (I.e BatWindowIdealSize and BatEdgeAverage etc)
EdgeModifier6 naturally refers to a Power Boost (6 Hit) shot being played, where as EdgeModifier refers to a normal powered stroke.

Difficulty(6) refers to how hard it will be to time a stroke correctly (keyframes - to be explained later). The lower the value the easier it is to perfectly time shots.
Reward(6) - Used for Cpu shot selection. As well as Type and Ball(stumps, batsman and length), the Reward value determines how likely a stroke is to be played in any given situation, The higher the value, the more likle the stroke is to be used.

Like with EdgeModifier(6) values explained above, this helps determine the liklihood of an edge occuring using this shot. The higher the value the more likely and edge will occur. In my experience this value is not as important as the EdgeModifier one.

BowlerTypes 15
Used for Cpu Shot selection
15 = shot to be played against all bowler types
14 = shot to be played against all bowler types (?)
9 = shot to be played against medium, med/fast and fast bowlers
6 = shot to be played against spinners only

BallStumps 1
BallBatsman 0
BallLength 2
Used for Cpu shot selection. This part in itself would take chapters to write to explain properly. Therefore here I will explain briefly how each values helps determine which stroke is selected depending on where the ball pitches

BallStumps
0 = ball missing leg stump
1 = ball missing off stump
2 = ball hitting stumps
3 = ball hitting anywhere

BallBatsman
0 = batsman to leg side of ball when playing stroke
1 = batsman to off side of ball when playing stroke
2 = batsman in line with ball when playing stroke
3 = batsman standing anywhere when playing stroke

BallLength
0 = ball pitching half way down the pitch (I.e. short pitched delivery)
1 = ball pitching on a good length (& just short of a good length)
2 = ball pitching right upto the batsman (full length, half volley, yorker)
3 = In my experience this is similar to 2, but more liklihood of this stroke being played.
4 = New value in C2004. Ravi may disagree(?), but I think it refers to any ball pitching outside off stump ?
5 = New value in C2004. Ravi may disagree(?), but I think it refers to any ball pitching outside leg stump ?

So in the example above
BallStumps 1
BallBatsman 0
BallLength 2

This refers to a ball missing off stump, the batsman standing to the leg side of the ball and the ball is pitched up (Cover drive)

Mode Normal KeyFrame 0
Mode = Normal. This is used if this stroke has been selected for a normal powered shot
Mode = 6 Hit. This is used if this stroke has been selected for a Powered (6 Hit) shot

Timing of stroke determines which of the keyframes is used

keyframe 0 very late timing
keyfame 1 late timing
keyframe 2 perfect timing
keyframe 3 early timing
keyframe 4 very early timing

Frame 28
This determine how fast the shot animation is used - the higher the value the quicker the animation. Best left alone

Vertical 95709568
This value determines how high the ball goes off the bat.The higher the value, the lower the trajectory. For guidance :
100000000 - 110000000 = heights used for slip catching.
130000000 - 150000000 = shots to travel along the ground

Direction 43170173
This value determines the direction of the stroke. Search the BLC forums or the BLC downloads and look for Shailesh's stroke direction wheel which gives explanations as to which directions the values refer to.

DirectionArea 23570494
Each shot has its own direction. However it would be boring if each stroke always went in the same direction, hence this value. The higher the value the more liklihood of the shot going to the left/right of the pre determined direction set in the Direction value.

Power 1553207
Determines the power of a stroke. By definition keyframe 2 (perfect timing) should always have the highest power values. For guidance:
Power 2500000 - 3000000 usually good enough to hit the boundaries.

PowerArea 516947
Like direction, it would be boring if each stroke was always hit with the same power. The higher this value the greater the power variation from the Power value set.
E.g if Power set to 2500000 (good power) and PowerArea = 700000, then high chance of this shot being hit with super power (eg Power 3000000) and high chance also of this shot being hit with low power (eg Power 1500000). If PowerArea for this shot was set to 1000000, then low chance of any variation of the shot being hit with anything other than 2500000 power.

For guidance:
PowerArea 6000000 = good variation of Power Ranges
PowerArea 9999999 = high variation of Power Ranges
PowerArea 1000000 = low variation of Power Ranges

Try the link too to download stroke wheel which has all the necesseary thiings in image file.
Try this link

http://www.3ddownloads.com/sports-gaming/blc/strokewheel.zip#

hi....thnx for helping me out in this context. but i know all about stroke editing and every other aspect of the cfg editor.

i was only confused about those 4-5 values which i posted.

but thnx anyway.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Originally posted by crick4life
I may not be fully right but here is what I think about the values you wanted to know.

ScoreBias - This one decides how wide the scoring gap is for different set of teams. The higher the value bigger will be the difference of quality between the top ranked teams as compared with the bottom ones.

BatOrderLevel - This one points to the difference of batting quality in a team. Higher the value stronger the top order and vice versa.

BatRandomLevel - This value determines how many in the line up are in good batting form. Higher the value more batsmen will be in good form irrespective of whether they are tail enders or not. This is better used in conjunction with other values.

BatEdgeDifficulty - You may know this already, higher the value more the edges.

BatEdgeStroke - Again higher the value, higher the probability of edges but only played a stroke. Effectively this wont cause defensive shots to produce edges.

BatEdgeAverage - This is only a probability decider. Irrespective of what shot you play, it will produce edges based on the value. I think this should not exist at all really.

BatEdgeOrder - This value determines the edge order for a batting line up. Higer the value less the edges at the top of the order and vice versa.

BatEdgeBias - This value determines the edges produced on different sort of pitches. Higer the value bigger the difference of edges produced on different types of pitches and vice versa.

hi....thnx a lot ravi for helping me out.

i was a bit confused about as to what these values do. i had an idea as to what they did when i changed them earlier and then played the game to see what changed and i wrote all the things in a TXT file but since it got deleted i was hoping to seek help here.

thnx a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread