Your Cricket I now know how KP felt...

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Yeah.
Well, a week ago when I was back in India. My last practice session of the year, before I came back to the US. I went in the nets took my guard and put my head down and made it a point to bat well, as this is the last time I'd be getting bowled at for another Year at least.
So a couple knocks in and i seem to get my eye in. Then this new kid-a kid like me who had come in for Vacation to India and was trying out for the team- took his mark. I got ready as he charged in, a kind of messy run up but i didn't make to much of it. A wierd jump and then sudenly, just as he hit the ground he chucks it baseball style, right to my helmet. no sorry, no "sorry wave" thing, nothing. It was quick. The keeper started screaming, I didn't make too much of it. Didn't want to show the bowler that I was scared out of my skin for that delivery. I seriously did think that was going to knock my head off.
Lucky for him the coach had turned his back.
He goes back the the mark and I bat out another set. Then he starts running in again. This time the Keepers telling him to stop, but he keeps going in. Another baseball chuck a little lower just nicks the tip of my helmet as I sprawl down. It hurt. I go down to the end of the pitch and give him some words- not all PG rated.
The coach saw him this time, and was telling him about the proper way to bowl. He comes in again, this time the keeper runs away, but me in my ever forgiving self think that he's learned how to bowl and i won't die. but no, its another baseball chuck thing, lower, hits me straight in the ribs and the coach kicks him out.
Discuss.

Last edited:
I thought all Indians knew how to bowl properly!
That kid had something against you.

only in KP's case...there was an apology from sreesanth ;)

if i was you....i would have hammered the rib rage delivery.....:p
either that or the kid would have been in a serious verbal and physical abuse :D

only in KP's case...there was an apology from sreesanth ;)

if i was you....i would have hammered the rib rage delivery.....:p
either that or the kid would have been in a serious verbal and physical abuse :D

it looks high but then came back real sharp. Quick as well.

wow, that sounds scary, if i were you, i would have stepped aside and said, "hey mate, i'm not gonna face any more deliveries of you until you bowl at me properly, not chucking at me"

i know it may sound cowardly, but you health safety comes first.....

PS, i'm glad you lived to tell the tale!

I've told a short story of me being smacked in the head by a beamer before, it's suprsingly nice to be hit, wakes you up a bit actually..just aslong as your wearing a helmet, if your not then I advise you to get out of the way, but if you are, get in the way and see what it feels like.
I'm not joking, once your hit you feel that nothing can hurt you from then on in because you've experienced the worst thing!
Saying that it did make my ears ring after..and hurt after, just not at the time.
As for being hit in the ribs, that's worse than a beamer in my books in terms of pain.

I've told a short story of me being smacked in the head by a beamer before, it's suprsingly nice to be hit, wakes you up a bit actually..just aslong as your wearing a helmet, if your not then I advise you to get out of the way, but if you are, get in the way and see what it feels like.
I'm not joking, once your hit you feel that nothing can hurt you from then on in because you've experienced the worst thing!
Saying that it did make my ears ring after..and hurt after, just not at the time.
As for being hit in the ribs, that's worse than a beamer in my books in terms of pain.

yes but wouldnt you be afraid of the ball hitting you again? :p

I have been chucked at like that. Tape ball though, and waist-rib high. Refuse to bat against those kids, they can't bowl and I don't want to be in the hospital.

But yes, you should take a beamer. I've hit a cricket ball into my helmet a few times, and now I'm not scared. Same way that I keep getting the ball kicked in my face when playing soccer...

I have been chucked at like that. Tape ball though, and waist-rib high. Refuse to bat against those kids, they can't bowl and I don't want to be in the hospital.

But yes, you should take a beamer. I've hit a cricket ball into my helmet a few times, and now I'm not scared. Same way that I keep getting the ball kicked in my face when playing soccer...

This kid was a big guy. He chucked it fast, like i said it was easily 110-maybe even 115kmph by the time it got to me, which was like 135 when it came out of his hand.
And for me-a kid who plays 3 or 4 matches and a dozen practice sessions a year, its pretty scary.

Cant beleive I read all that, Bahahaha, I thought you would have learnt from the 1st time!:p

I have faced a couple of beamers in my time, usually i try and pull them away. This guy sounds crazy though, what made you stand up to him for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread