Your Cricket I now know how KP felt...

You should have just charged down the track, ducked the ball, then continue to charge down the track and try to attempt to take the bowler's head off.

Or just walk down 6-7 steps, then duck, easily done.

If you walk down the pitch, the ball would have hit him higher, so it would have been worse

I have to say, I get my fair share of beamers and the best way to play them is to let your instincts take over. Loosen your muscles and let the hands control you.

It sounds a bit lame but your body won't let you get hit by a cricket ball and will subconsciously do whatever it feels best to protect yourself. My body tends to make me play a sorta light uppercut while swaying out of the way.

Get hold of the ball and throw it back at him

I always go after beamers, it's natural reaction. I'm yet to face a bowler of a pace where I feel like I could actually get hurt because he's just too quick for me, so I just tend to hit it.

I hate it when I fend it off, get caught and they try to claim it's out. :rolleyes:

It was traveling towards my head. A bit high don't you think?

Totally agree with legspinner@fred, i love risking a nice bang on the head. Dude, your trying to sound hard there OR your trying to be funny, whichever it is, niether is working.

Beamers, bad things, same as Animator, i just go for it, unless its just behind my eye level where i duck it.

Usually I just back away and try and slash it over point. I don't why anyone would let it hit them.

It's all about the mind games, Will. You let a beamer hit you and show no ill effect the bowlers going 'what the blazes' and be put off his game - easy runs. Just look at Brian Close against the West Indies in the 70's.

Also, on the plus side if it hits you hard enough it may ping off for 4 or 6 leg byes.

I myself would try to header a beamer for 4. But being a number 11, I just get yorkers all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread