Story ICC Battle For Supremacy - Its Fifty-Fifty! | PAK v ENG | ENG Innings

Oh wow this has gone to the final over. India are the favourites as the Kiwis need 16 runs. But it all depends on who is going to bowl the final over.

amazing presentation yet again.

It's very tight, really very tight, Nehra need to be at his best to take India to victory, Zaheer bowled very well in the match and his 49th over can make the difference.

Looking at Harbhajan's spells, he bowled really good but the job is not done yet. We need nehra to show something really good.

This is excellent. One of the bests matches in a story I have seen. India are the favorites, but Oram can surprise anyone with his hard hitting.

Even then, I feel that Indians have won it now. :)

Indians definetly look like the likelier side to win, but credits to Oram making a match out of it.

This is going to be a thriller. Oram is really the man who can do it.

Great fighting knock from Oram, he's got his eye in now, so really has to go big three times in the final over if we want to win.
Tuffey's no mug with the bat either, so don't count him out of producing some magic.
India are definitely in the box seat however.

Tuffey's no mug with the bat either, so don't count him out of producing some magic.

i'm not too sure how he bats in game though.

As I predicted Oram would be smacking it around the park :D now he has a job to do 16 isn't much if he can get a six of the first ball. Oram can really hit it far so it shouldn't be a problem.

starcricket80x80gs2.jpg
ICC Battle For Supremacy
India v New Zealand
Match One, Delhi

Oram v Nehra - Who won?

With 16 runs to win from last over for NZ, India surely had an upper hand. But, it was Oram on strike. And, Dhoni gave the ball to Nehra for the final over who wasn't in the best of form in this match. Nothing was scored of first ball as Oram couldn't get it past the fielder. The short one which followed next was brutally smashed and it went all the way. Nehra followed Oram as he made room for himself and 3rd ball also was a dot. Still, 10 runs were needed from 3 balls.

1-9.jpg

Oram had to go for it, he just had to. He did so but the ball hit him instead. That meant a boundary was needed off the last two balls each. Guess what? That is exactly what happened. Oram hit the 5th ball onto the leg side for a massive six followed by a four in the long off region where fielder just couldn't reach it. New Zealand completed one of the most famous victories over the Indians thanks to a very special knock by Jacob Oram.

2-8.jpg

Indians surely will be disappointed to start the tournament on a losing note while the Kiwis are off to a great start. We will soon come back with 'Battle - Off The Field!' Show. Stay tuned...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Zealand 277/8 (50)

J Oram 95* (107) 9X4 ; 5X6
D Tuffey 6 (12) 1X4

A Nehra 0/83 (9)

New Zealand win by 2 wickets

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nehra was surely the culprit there, just look at his crap figures and he was flingingly flinged in the last over of the match too. Go to hell Nehra.

Well done Kiwis, a well deserved win, Kudos to Oram.

EDIT: User you really surprised everyone, this result wasn't expected, kudos to your work.

Last edited:
Oram you legend! :hpraise

I loved the suspense of having a last over update, KIU.

:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

After a long time, I can see this flavor of suspense added in correct proportion to a match. Well done, update's finish has added more than what Oram did for Kiwis. ;) And as I expected, Nehra is always a fit for nothing guy in real life as well as in game. Those Munafs, Nehras, Balajis, RPs need to be sacked from touching the cricket ball for lifetime :banana2

I cannot believe that Oram could do it.:hpraise
Brilliant batting, though it's not real, but I haven't seen a that much quality batting from him in RL.

:crying:crying India lost the match, Oram was really special in this match. Brilliant knock and is what the RL Newzealand team needs :)

Brilliant stuff from Oram, it was too good to be true. Nehra had a shocker, but I will be more shocked if hes playing in the next game.

Users who are viewing this thread