Story ICC Battle For Supremacy - Its Fifty-Fifty! | PAK v ENG | ENG Innings

Oh yes, that's what I was thinking. I agree on the bright bg thing though. That effect would have been much better. I'll do it from next time on, cheers.

Great start by the Kiwis, the can win this easily if the duo stays on.
India at PERIL!!!

starcricket80x80gs2.jpg
ICC Battle For Supremacy
India v New Zealand
Match One, Delhi

The Pendulum Swings The Indian Way

Jesse Ryder didn't sit back after the start he got. He along with McCullum didn't let the Indians breathe easily as both of them play some brilliant shots. The crowd at Feroz Shah Kotla didn't seem to enjoy the pounding the home team was taking. Jesse Ryder just went on and on.

1-6.jpg

Indians got lucky as the first wicket that fell was a result of a lack of communication between the two batsmen. Brendon McCullum went just when he was starting to look evenly dangerous. The young man, Kane Williamson walked in at number 3. Irfan Pathan bowled the most perfect yorker as the first ball to any batsman and the batsmen just couldn't keep it away. Suddenly, Kiwis lost 2 wickets in a hurry.

Jesse, on the other hand was going all guns blazing. He smashed Praveen for 18 runs but then there was a brilliant display of fielding by Pathan as he sent the ball back quickly and Ryder failed to complete the third run. Even the dive couldn't save him. Scott Styris who came in after the fall of Ryder's wicket didn't look comfortable at the crease. He was sent packing by Zaheer Khan as he bowled one straight into his legs. New Zealand were suddenly 126 for 4 from being 95 for no loss. This was more of a good display of bowling by the Indians and some poor running by Kiwi batsmen than a collapse.

2-5.jpg

Here is a look at how Zaheer Khan has bowled thus far. Pretty much typical line and length to the right and left hand batters. Early on he was a bit too outside the off stump but he made his way back bowling a fantastic spell of fast bowling.

3-6.jpg

The two batsmen at the crease are Taylor and Oram who have added 22 runs in 35 deliveries. New Zealand are 148 for 4 in 25 overs. Harbhajan Singh has bowled 3 overs and just given away 6 runs. What will happen? Will New Zealand disappoint again with same sort of batting display or will Oram and Taylor lead the fight? Do come back again to check...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Zealand 148/4 (25)

J Oram 13* (26) 2X4
R Taylor 13 (28)

H Singh 0/6 (3)

New Zealand need 129 more runs to win from 25 overs @ 5.16 RPO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like this is going to be a tight match. New Zealand had the match in the bag but with those 4 wickets gone so quickly it's not going to be easy for them now.

Like the presentation a lot. Keep it up.

I guess this match is well poised for a tight finish. India need a couple of wickets in the next 5-8 overs, especially the wicket of Ross Taylor. While the Kiwis need these two batsman to bat atleast another 18 overs and one of them to stay till the end. I guess this match will go in the final over and India will be the victorious of the two sides.

India dominate, thanks to the seam bowlers.

Also, User, the text on the snapshots of the match looks a bit stretched to me.

No, it isn't stretched. I've been using it since Indian Innings. It is just wide as the name suggests 'Wide Latin'.

I dunno why everyone is try to find some mistake in each or every update. The updates are among the best on the forums and are perfect. KUTGW User :)

Wow, NZ just made a mess of things right there. Indian bowlers must be credited for applying the pressure really well and atm seem favorites to take the game.

oh dear :facepalm, well atleast vettori and co. are yet to bat. It all depends on Taylor now he really has to step up and stay till the end.

btw it should be naught instead of not :)

Oh yes, I actually always thought it was 'not'. :p Thanks for pointing that out, Riz.

Font actually looks good. And for the match, yes India need another couple of wickets in another 50 runs, otherwise, this might slip from India's way. Lets see what happens. I expect some part timers to cause some serious damage in the end :p

Match is evenly poised at the moment. Taylor and Oram are big hitters and can be very dangerous ones they get settled. I expect Harbhajan now to take some wickets now and put New Zealand under pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread