Story ICC Battle For Supremacy - Its Fifty-Fifty! | PAK v ENG | ENG Innings

starcricket80x80gs2.jpg
ICC Battle For Supremacy
India v New Zealand
Match One, Delhi

Starcopy.jpg

userd.png
: Welcome to 'Battle - Off The Field'. We're in the mid-innings break here after the end of India's innings. India got 276 for the loss of 8 wickets in 50 overs. We have Sourav and Stephen with us and let's have their opinions on the Indian innings. We'll start with you Sourav...

46668628.png
: India will be happy with that score though they would have wanted 10-15 runs more. It is still a good total and will take some chasing by the Kiwis.

80392193.png
: Yeah, Sourav is pretty spot on there. India would have liked those extra runs but New Zealand bowlers did pretty well in the end to restrict them. Irfan Pathan's innings might hurt them.

userd.png
: We will take a look at the fall of Indian wickets here...

46668628.png
: Yeah, there we can see many of the Indian batsmen just threw their wickets away. Sachin's wicket there during the batting powerplay was very crucial while Yuvi was unlucky to edge the one going down the leg side. Credits to Kiwi bowlers as this may well have been a score around 300 or so.

80392193.png
: I was happy with the way Styris and Oram bowled there especially after they lost Nathan McCullum who couldn't even bowl a ball. Styris didn't get any wickets but was very good as he stopped the flow of runs. Oram seemed much more fit as he bowled his full quota of 10 overs.

userd.png
: Surprised Williamson didn't get a bowl, Stephen?

80392193.png
: Well, not much. Even though bowlers went for some runs but Williamson doesn't have much experience in these conditions. There was some news flowing around earlier today he was included as a pure batsman...

userd.png
: We now move onto the Partnership which not only brought India back into the game but also made sure India had a firm grip over the match. Sachin & Yuvi put up a century stand for the 3rd wicket -

46668628.png
: Both of them were fantastic. India were struggling a bit at 15 for 2 when Yuvraj walked in. They just almost took the game away from New Zealand until Yuvraj got out.

userd.png
: Finally, here is Captain's knock by MS Dhoni -

80392193.png
: He was awesome in his stroke selection. He reminded me of Dhoni who came into the international scene first up. Some of the shots he played were absolutely brutal and the form he is in, other teams should already start worrying.

userd.png
: Let us take a look at the scorecards of the first innings -

INDBattingScorecard.jpg

NZBowlingScorecard.jpg

userd.png
: That's it from here for now. The opening batsmen for New Zealand are walking in the field. When we come back, we will have the live action of Kiwi chase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great presentation, beautiful writing synchronied by the great videos.

TBH, the only thing I didn't like in it was the music in the video.

Great presentation, beautiful writing synchronied by the great videos.

TBH, the only thing I didn't like in it was the music in the video.

I like it when people give honest feedback. Thanks Varun. Actually, I myself did not like the music but, as my net was slow I couldn't get any music. I used the default music from my PC.

Really enjoyed that update. The highlights is one thing everyone in this section would want to do, but you have done it with such class. I agree with Varun that the music is not great, but finding the right one will take alot of time.

I don't actually have sound on my computer, but from looking at the videos they're top class. I love the idea of having the writing of the top which each wicket's in progress.

From looking at the scorecard, I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'd take the zeros out before the single digit runs/balls, so instead of "05" I'd just write "5", and instead of "00" I'd just write "0", or you could do it the Aussie way and put a picture of a duck there.

Now Nz have to go steady and then look to play aggressive. looks to be a good score from the Indians, uh.. now they need to try taking wickets and don't allow the batsmen to be settle.

I personal liked your story because you'd kept your talent allover the upgrade. Keep well.:)

starcricket80x80gs2.jpg
ICC Battle For Supremacy
India v New Zealand
Match One, Delhi

New Zealand Off To A Flier!

New Zealand's opening pair Ryder and McCullum walked out to the centre with a stiff target to chase. Kiwis would have hoped for a good start and would have discussed it in the mid innings break. The openers didn't disappoint as Ryder went berserk early on. Nehra was the first victim as Ryder smashed him for 11 in his first over.

1-5.jpg

In his second over, Nehra got to bowl at McCullum which he certainly wouldn't have minded at that stage. He bowled one which stayed low and hit bottom of McCullum's pads. It seemed plumb but, the umpire shook his head much to the disappointment of the Indians. A Lucky let off for Bazza.

2-4.jpg

McCullum wasn't affected by what happened and relished the chance as he joined Jesse in quick scoring. Both the batsmen hit some glorious shots and Indian bowlers seemed clueless to what was happening. Skipper Dhoni was forced to rotate the bowlers a bit early than he would have thought. That did nothing but add to his worries as Ryder welcomed Praveen Kumar with two boundaries. He reached his fifty in super quick time and New Zealand were 75 for no loss.

3-5.jpg

Here is Jesse Ryder's Wagon Wheel for this innings thus far. He has hit 9 fours along with 1 huge six -

4-4.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Zealand 75/0 (10)

J Ryder 50* (37) 9X4 ; 1X6
B McCullum 22 (26) 3X4

I Pathan 0/17 (3)

New Zealand need 202 more runs to win from 40 overs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Superb outstanding Presentation. Really damn.. Goosebumps really.

Perfect writing. Good font's and that Wagon wheel although pre made from Ashes but looks awesome

Woah, the openers just ate the Indian bowlers. Keep this going for another 10 overs and the game is in the bag.

That mid innings show was of top class exactly like the start which Kiwis has got. :hpraise Indian pace bowlers? :facepalm Even in game?

One suggestion would be, as you are not using borders for the small pictures inside a main one, you can try reducing the color of main picture i.e background so that these small pictures will be in nice contrast to it's background picture.

Job well done. :)

the usual for nz, openers get NZ off to a flyer but as soon as one of either McCullum or Ryder get out another wicket will fall and then another and then Vettori to the rescue :sarcasm

Hopefully the middle order will provide good contributions into chasing this target.

One suggestion would be, as you are not using borders for the small pictures inside a main one, you can try reducing the color of main picture i.e background so that these small pictures will be in nice contrast to it's background picture.
I didn't include the border earlier but I did include it in last update above. 1 pixel border that is. Or is it something different you're telling? :)

I didn't include the border earlier but I did include it in last update above. 1 pixel border that is. Or is it something different you're telling? :)

I see 1 Px black border. I only noticed the white glow behind which is why I was suggesting to adjust the background color so that its contrast go well alltogether. :) It's[sub pictures] current white glow did not get its full effect because of the bright background behind is what I felt.

I meant the border here which I think it's 2 Px,

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z394/User20Ten/Story/1-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread