Story ICC Battle For Supremacy - Its Fifty-Fifty! | PAK v ENG | ENG Innings

Nah!It looks good
India have every chance to pass away 300 Runs, but if a wicket falls they might be in a trouble.
And, if anyone who has AC09 and would like to team up with me for this he can also come forward. Please PM me about it first. Cheers!
I can help you if you want:)

Forget that, I've decided I'll carry this further alone. If Shan solves the problem, then this story always welcomes him.

It's time for Dhoni to smash some boundaries and take India's score past 270. If Dhoni manages to reach to his century then surely India's score would be above 270.

Nice update there, User. I am sure that this story would continue to be a quality story even though now you are writing this story alone, User. If you need any help feel free to let me know. :)

Alright guys, a sad thing here. Shantanu is having some problems with AC09 and can't get it working. So, he is not going to update this anymore. I'll be doing this alone now and hopefully will keep up with the updates. Shan is always welcomed though.

Ow! come dude. that is really unfortunate for you. pretty disappointed with that, he should have been there. and although someone for sure would like to pad up with you.

Sachin couldnt get his century, but he did make sure India didnt wobble in the opening encounter. Raina and Yuvrajs wickets pegged India back, but Sachin and Dhoni did a good job in bringing them back. Dhoni is starting to turn it on, but with the tail approaching fast, India must make sure they dont lose any wickets in the next three overs or so before going wild.

Dhoni to get out somewhere around 80, with India scoring around 290.

Great update as always, the highlight video was a fantastic addition.

Forget that, I've decided I'll carry this further alone. If Shan solves the problem, then this story always welcomes him.

darn, i wanted to have a go with this :(

anyways india look in a good position now despite tendulkar's wicket, ofcourse there isn't very much in terms of batting after this partnership so if NZ can get another wicket they're pretty much into the tail.

If Dhoni stays till the end then India can reach around 300 runs which could be a winning total. But I guess Kiwi's will bowl well and restrict them to around 270 odd. Great update User.

About my situation I am very sorry to User. But I have to be honest, I tried reinstalling Ashes Cricket like about 5 times but can't get it to work and the problem is because the game doesnt support my onboard gfx card. But User I will help you with Super Selector.

starcricket80x80gs2.jpg
ICC Battle For Supremacy
India v New Zealand
Match One, Delhi

Kiwis Manage To Restrict India

MS Dhoni knew it was the time to go big. He did hit few of them and was successful. His counter part was responsible for his downfall. Daniel Vettori bowled a quick one as Dhoni tried to drive it on the off side but managed just to edge it to Hopkins. New Zealand were ecstatic after getting the crucial wicket of Dhoni who was looking deadly dangerous.

Jacob Oram who bowled very well thus far sent Harbhajan Singh back in the pavillion before he could get his eye in. The ball seemed to stop on him as he ended up chipping it straight to Ross Taylor who took one of the easiest catches.

1-4.jpg

Praveen Kumar couldn't do much with the bat. He was caught napping at the crease as the ball hit him on his pads. Umpire had no hesitation to give that out as it seemed plumb.

Praveen-LBW.gif

Irfan Pathan on the other end batted beautifully and ensured India reach a respectable total. He remained unbeaten on 42 off 53 deliveries with Zaheer Khan chipping in with crucial 12 runs. India managed 276 runs in their alloted 50 overs.

2-3.jpg

India did reach 276 but, they probably would have got more had Dhoni not got out. Possibly the wicket that hurt India the most. Here is a real time video of how Vettori out thought Dhoni there -

Current Match Summary -
3-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said the Kiwis will be restricting India to around 270 and I guess they did bowl well. Its going to be a very interesting match and I think the Indians will win this one.

Pathan did a great job for India in reaching that score. Hopefully, he performs the same in the bowling innings.

I would say India should've made some 20 runs more, now NewZealand have the advantage here IMO.
Hope Zaheer would be at his best again.

Missed an upgrade. :facepalm anyhow India have maintain the run rate to 5 an over. at 15th over they were struggling but when they had the things moving, (i mean getting single, doubles) which had helped them a lot. that's what Australians do, when the wicket follows they try to maintain the rate and put a the pair for 100 or so. that's what Indians have done here. I don't really thing Nz have done good work with the bowl, must bat well without taking any risks.

Good work with the presentation! :)

A good total from India, but in subcontinent conditions, NZ can fancy themselves for a chase. Although they need everyone to contribute. McCullum to blast things of from the start, and the likes of Taylor and Vettori should also play a handy knock.

Dhoni was crucial. Had he stayed India could have made a bigger score.

the score india got is pretty good, it'll take some beating. The top order will really have to fire if the kiwis are to get close to the score.

That score's really only a par total on the sub-continent, and considering India don't have a great bowling attack.
One of our top four really need to make a big score, and someone like Oram down the order needs to play a quick cameo.
Taylor will be the main man for us, I reckon we'll do it in 48.3 overs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread