Story ICC Battle For Supremacy - Its Fifty-Fifty! | PAK v ENG | ENG Innings

starcricket80x80gs2.jpg
ICC Battle For Supremacy
India v New Zealand
Match One, Delhi

Match In Complete Balance

New Zealand's worries multiplied after Zaheer Khan got the better of Taylor. He was expected to play a solid innings if Kiwis were to chase the target but the hopes slowly seemed to fade. The Wicket Keeper batsman Gareth Hopkins didn't enjoy his short stay at the crease too as he was caught by Yuvraj Singh off the bowling of Irfan Pathan. New Zealand innings was slowly marching towards the downfall as skipper 'The rescuer' Vettori made his way out. Jacob Oram on the other hand was fighting for survival.

1-7.jpg

Kiwis needed some sort of partnership here and also needed to make sure the run rate didn't get too much. Vettori and Oram both played very carefully with the odd boundary. They both have put on 43 runs off 67 balls for the 7th wicket. New Zealand are 200 for the loss of 6 wickets. They need another 77 runs to win from 10 overs. The good news is that the batting powerplay is still to come.

2-6.jpg

Indian bowlers have made their way back into this match and the spearhead Zaheer Khan has been very impressive. We take a look at the two big wickets he got of Styris & Taylor -

So, who will it be? Will these two carry the NZ home or will the Indian bowlers keep it tight? Remember NZ are a batsman short as Nathan McCullum will not bat in this match. Do come back to check out...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Zealand 200/6 (40)

J Oram 35* (60) 4X4
D Vettori 21 (40) 2X4

Z Khan 2/25 (7)

New Zealand need 77 more runs to win from 10 overs @ 7.70 RPO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
If they have a batting powerplay left, NZ still can dominate the match, provided Oram and Vettori stick to the crease. 77 runs are very common during the slog over especially when the batting powerplay is there.

One wicket here for the Indians and I feel Indians will win th match. If Oram shows his dangerous batting then it could be a upset for the hosts.

One wicket more, just one wicket more and India will be there.

Most importantly, India can have 3 overs from Zak in final 10. So India have the chance here.

Ah!I missed many updates:facepalm
But I had just go through every updates now, and they were Brilliant:clap
Great work with presentation and writing:clap
I know the hard work you had done on the highlights and for the wickets.
KUDOS to your hardwork

And for the game, I think India have got this one in their hand

One wicket from somewhere will ring the bells of victory for India. ;) Magnificent work with updates - Efforts well revealed. :hpraise

I'm sure with the batting powerplay remaining, it should still be chasable aslong as Oram is still out there with Vettori who can feed him the strike as much as possible.

If they can go at 6.5 per over until the 45th and then slog like there's no tomorrow then with Mills still in the shed NZ are in with a big chance.

India are slight favourites to win the match from here, however Oram and Vettori could score the runs needed.

Good attempt at the video, however it's a bit hard to see the second wicket, is there any way you could have zoomed in a bit on the catch.

Good attempt at the video, however it's a bit hard to see the second wicket, is there any way you could have zoomed in a bit on the catch.
Unfortunately that is the problem with AC09. Can't do a thing with it.

Really love your presentation. Really learn a lot from it :)

Indians should well be aware of Oram and his hitting abilities, he struggles against the Slower Bounces so must just try and dig that against him :)

The presentation is fantastic :yes You really are putting in a lot of effort and its really coming out well.

Newzealand I must say are in a spot of bother here, one more wicket and it's all gone :noway

Go Go India

you should try using Shrenik's User replay (if you already aren't) see if that helps.
I have that. The video Harris was talking about was default replay by codemasters which still hasn't been edited.

All your hard work is certainly paying off here. I'm sure it takes little bit of time to prepare for the video but it really adds realism to the game.

starcricket80x80gs2.jpg
ICC Battle For Supremacy
India v New Zealand
Match One, Delhi

Last Over - Oram v Nehra

The run rate was rising and the pressure was buliding on the two batsmen. Vettori took it on him to go for the biggies. Off the bowling of Harbhajan, he came down the track and missed it completely and Dhoni made no mistake behind the stumps. Vettori missed the site of the ball and started running and that probably lost him his wicket.

Harbhajan Singh removed Kyle Mills on the very next ball as it struck on his pads. The appeal was so loud that umpire raised his finger immediately. Hawkeye though suggested Mills was unlucky. Out came Tuffey with Nathan not going to bat, this was the last wicket for India to overcome.

1-8.jpg

Oram was the last man standing for NZ and reached his slowish fifty. After that, he started attacking and hit some wonderful shots along with some very unorthodox ones. He realised it was now or never. Soon enough, he brought NZ back into the game with his mighty hitting and Indians seemed awstruck. Only 20 runs were needed from the last 2 overs for NZ to win this exciting match.

2-7.jpg

Daryl Tuffey was just a spectator from the time he came out. But, he was on strike for the penultimate over of the innings. Zaheer Khan bowled very well and just kept it down to 4 runs off the 49th over. That means New Zealand need 16 runs to win from the last 6 deliveries. Oram is on strike and India really should not take this lightly.

3-7.jpg

Here we take a look at the drop catch of Oram by Dhoni. A half-chance maybe? But, may well be the turning point of the match...

New Zealand 261/8 (49)

J Oram 79* (101) 8X4 ; 3X6
D Tuffey 6 (12) 1X4

H Singh 2/36 (10)

New Zealand need 16 more runs to win from 6 balls @ 16.00 RPO

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread