ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - England & Wales

Epic

Panel of Selectors
^ We approach the great Ravi Bopara exactly the same way any batsman worth his salt would approach him - we take him out. Over and over. And if he comes back, we take him out again. :)

I think I just have irrational hatred towards Ravi Bopara. For whatever reason, he looks like a total douche to me.

As though it worked out so well for us today... :rolleyes

----------

So 130 to win then for England, no clue how this one's gonna go, hopeful I am.

Last edited:

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Eh. Every dog has his day? I dunno. I find it hard to explain any circumstance where Ravi Bopara succeeds on the cricket field. Put it down to some odd cosmic occurrence and move on. :rolleyes

Anyway, Warne reckons we're 20 short. What do you think?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
10 short, but with our death bowling... we could very well be 30 short. :p

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not the way one would want ICC Champions Trophy Final to be.They should have a reserve day surely.This is very bad.

D

Dutch

Poor Bell. I'd feel rather hard done by to be given out that way. Not sure he was really out. An unexpected slice of luck, we'll take it!

Agreed. really can not see how the third umpire could give that out. Too much doubt. Well England are making it exciting.....

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
That's down to that stupid rule of the bail having to be out of it's groove. Mainly because it's impossible to tell whether it is or not and when it is actually judged to be out. Could have been out, could not have been, but it's down to the rule being far too vague.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Bruce Oxenford doesn't seem to believe in benefit of the doubt.

Looks and feels like a 5th day of a Test in India. "How hospitable are we?" - Nasser Hussain. Must agree with him.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

We are well on our way to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.....

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Producing a raging turner or a miserable day weather wise, is also pretty special.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
It takes skill to produce a hard bouncy pitch that turns into a raging turner 5 overs later. I've seen two of those in this tournament, and those are just the India games. Hats off to the curators.

In any case, England are still well in this game. They bat deep, they have a powerplay up their sleeve, and our death bowling is, well, shite.

Our seamers are showing why no one rates them very high - the pitch certainly has some juice, the English seamers more or less laid down the blueprint, and our guys are still looking completely unthreatening.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bell should not have been given out.

Still, if we can't chase 130, we get exactly what we deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread