ICC considers helicopters to ensure all T20 teams arrive

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
CELAND'S volcanic eruptions have prompted a desperate International Cricket Council to consider flying England's players out of the country via helicopter and low-flying aircraft to ensure their participation at next week's World Twenty20 tournament in the Caribbean.

With air traffic grounded across Europe on account of the Eyjafjallajokull volcano, ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat last night told the Herald of plans to charter flights from Dubai to the Caribbean to ensure all players could attend the tournament. Lorgat added that cricketers based in the UK could meet the Dubai charters via helicopters and aircraft not susceptible to volcanic ash.

ICC considers helicopters to ensure all T20 teams arrive

Certainly would be something new having a team miss a tournament because of volcanic ash! Good to see there are backup plans if the flights fall through.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
thats the best they can do.... :)

Insomniac

Title Recipient
What kind of helicopter can fly from England to the West Indies and carry all 15 members of the squad + support staff?

P

pcfan123

airwolf01.jpg

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Why not just fly them south towards Guyana or some other South American country and then take a short flight to the country where they are playing. Avoid the volcano ash all together.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Why not just fly them south towards Guyana or some other South American country and then take a short flight to the country where they are playing. Avoid the volcano ash all together.

Yeah i toally agree but i don't know why they not thinking about this

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well the flights are starting up again so I presume this won't be necessary

If it was however, I presume that they'd just helicopter them out of the volcanic ash zone and then get planes from there.

Users who are viewing this thread