Story ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2011. [*Australian Squad*]

Who will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The squad looks pretty strong. But Yuvraj should have been in instead of Tiwary IMO.

There first match against Australia will certainly test them out and see where they're at in this tournament.
Would certainly go India's way. Australian cricket team is just screwed up ATM.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Cricket World Cup Express Kick starts its Journey.
The CWC officials had a contract with Indian Railways & Bangladeshi Railways, which stated that here would be a special exhibition rake dedicated to Cricket World Cup, which would roam all over India & Bangladesh when the event is under progress. Before the start of the tournament, the exhibition train was scheduled to stay at all the Venue places (Excepting Dharamsala).

The Rake:
Click on the image for bigger version.

According to the guard of that rake, he said that the train was exhibiting in the Chhatrapati Sivaji Terminus, Mumbai and will be off to Bangalore City, Bengaluru after two days. From Bengaluru, it'll go to Chennai Central, Chennai and from there, to Seconderabad Junction, Hyderabad. From Hyderabad, it'll go to Ajni, Nagpur, after which it'll go to Ahemdabad Junction, Ahemdabad. From Ahemdabad, it'll go to Hazarat Nizamuddin, New Delhi, followed by Chandighar Town, Chandighar. From Chandighar, it'll be heading to Sealdah Junction, Kolkata.

The CWC officials have declared that the Schedule of the rake, after the world cup starts would be planned up later, as it has to travel even in Bangladesh. The traction in India and Bangladesh is same, which means that the train is fit to travel in Bangladesh.

Sachin Tendulkar, the official ambassador of ICC Cricket World Cup 2011, cut the ribbon of the train in his home town Mumbai. After visiting the train, he spoke to the media about the train.
Sachin Tendulkar said:
This kind of exhibition is a good one. I like this train the most. This train has the complete history of Cricket World Cup in its first five coaches. The rest two coaches contain the information on how the cricket gets broadcasted, the complete picture on where and how are the cameras in a stadium fixed, etc. Thanks to ESPNStar, who have arranged the last two coaches.
On probability of India winning the World Cup.
Sachin Tendulkar said:
Well, actually, India, South Africa, Sri Lanka and England have equal chances of grabbing the World Cup in my opinion. We have to perform as a unit and deliver the result, in order to clinch the dream. We have to win this World Cup, as a revenge for the 2007 WC episode. Everything is set right now, unlike the 2007 CWC. In case of any injury of whatsoever, we have perfect replacements. Chances for India are brighter, which we have to cash up.

Attachments

• CWC Express.png
    CWC Express.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 382

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Got the CWC texture!
Here is a new banner, made in collab with Death revenge9.
t6cpkl.jpg

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Is that rain in real or you have used your creativity? :)
Frankly speaking, I din't have any idea on doing such thing. But last week, when I was on rail fanning session, I spotted Rajdhani Express with Commonwealth Express' generator car. So, i thought of why couldn't I implement the same over here. Creativity of Suresh Kalmadi and his men, in frank words:p.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Defending Champions Announce their Squad.
James Sutherland, the chief selector for Cricket Australia announced the Australian squad for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011. Australia is a country, which holds the record of winning three consecutive world cups, and is the country to hold most number of titles.Their whitewash in both 2003 and 2007 editions, under the leadership of Ponting was a remarkable one. But the current form of the Aussies is making them worry a bit cause the team has been on losing streak since their tour of India in 2010. Only Michael Hussey is the reliable player in Australia and one player cannot win the match/ series off his own hand. So, the chances for Australia are slimmer.

James Sutherland said, "Well, we've decided to give Ricky the captaincy charges for the one last time and if he fails, we'll sack him out without any doubt. The teams looks pretty decent, but the only problem what we're facing is the players are unable to co-ordinate each other. Ricky is expert in those issues, and that too, if he wins this WC, he'll be the first and only captain to have won hat trick of World Cups. The team has been giving out lacklusture performances in recent past. Winning world cup at the current situation is a uphill task, which our players will have to achieve working all the time on their game play. Brett Lee, the experienced speedster is making a comeback, which is a sigh of relief for Ricky, as he has worked with Brett for long time. The squad is Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke, Cameron White, Shane Watson, Brad Haddin, Tim Paine, Michael Hussey, Callum Ferguson, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Steven Smith, Nathan Haurtiz, Doug Bollinger, James Hopes and David Warner."

2z6gls4.jpg

just_cricket

Club Captain
Some overrated cricketers in there, but a good squad for the favourites.
Good to hear James Sutherland not beating about the bush when describing Ponting's captaincy future!

Roofrom50

International Coach
I like seeing the name of Warner in the squad. He will be important at the top of the order, or maybe even in the lower order. No Shaun Marsh though? that is a bit of a dissapointment

Users who are viewing this thread