PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
Wasn't to keen on the slightly negative tactic of bowling 95% of balls full on leg stump from round the wicket but well played otherwise mate.

Wasn't to keen on the slightly negative tactic of bowling 95% of balls full on leg stump from round the wicket but well played otherwise mate.

But for left handers it will be off stump line right.. I was bowling same line for left r right handed batsmen...i felt the line which i was bowling gives more scoring opportunities as well wkt taking opportunities if mistimed...I saw some ppl bowling on offside near/on wide line .. Thats actually to restrict scoring..thats their gameplan ..Everyone here will be having their own game plan.. So no complaints ..

And you too played well .. Your batting was really good .. You are Sweet timer of the ball..

Last edited:
England started up their world cup campaign against pakistan and it was always expected to be a cracker of a game with both teams having a lot of experience and fire play

England won the toss and without any hesitance put pakistan into bat
Pakistan had a bad start and Jamshed was run out in first over
They again had a jolt when introducing spin in second over by English captain paid off and tredwell got hafeez bowled in first over and pak were reduced to 5/2
But then pakistan started rebuilding innings and accumulated runs witj losing a few wickets here and there
Pakistan were cruising at 101/4 when the big guy Freddie who came back from retirement jolted pakistan with 4 quick wickets and pak were reduced to 120 odd for 8
Pak were still not out though as akmal and riaz added 71 runs for 9th wicket before akmal was run out of a dirct hit from deep
Freddie had 1 over left and he made sure he completed his 5 wicket haul and got pak all out for 205

England started chasing a relatively higher total then expected after getting pak in a corner early on
Start for England was not good and they were 23/2 But then started to settle a bit
Woakes was sent up the order and he did not disappoint he kept one end sting before pieterson was out and England were 68/3
Then again cane big boy Freddie and he and woakes made a partnership of 107 runs and took England to 175/4 woakes was out for 93 and missed his century
Flintoff made unbeaten 59 to go along with 5 wicket haul and saw England through comfortably in the end

IW2oc80.jpg

J3K3Aaz.jpg

wGWKtHR.jpg

England started their second game against Afghanistan who were on a high after beating india in the world cup
Afghanistan won the toss and put England into bat and what a decision it was
England were jolted by afghan fast bowlers at regular intervals with some great line and length and controlled bowling
England were reduced to 66/6 and it was not looking the same team which beat pakistan comfortably
Even singles were not coming and each run was a task in itself
Zadran was bowling a dream spell and took 3 English wickets out of 6
The England lower order was to be tested today and they did showed resilience
Ali stood his end strong and made some good lower order partnerships with bopara , tredwell and anderson and England somehow managed a score of 202 in 47 overs a score they would not have dreamt after 66/6
Ali remained unbeaten at 57

England knew that they did not have enough runs on board and had to strike early or Afghanistan would win it easily
The England bowlers responded and Rankin had a dream spell of getting 4 top order afghan batsman in quick time and they were reduced to 16/4
The afghan never revived from their early loss and kept on losing wickets before finally bundling out for 80 all out

Rankin was the MOTM

b0nwrIq.jpg

0ZmsX1A.jpg

fqh6M1i.jpg

Got my first match of the World Cup Done and Dusted . Was a VERY Laggy affair with all the usual suspects . Proteas and Windies need to be commended for pushing through under horrible conditions , in the end Cricket was the winner....
IMG-20141006-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20141006-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20141006-WA0013.jpg

WI defeated srilanka. Hell of a match. Could have gone either way. Lots of edges not going in the hands in both the innings
First Innings
IMG_20141007_152520.jpg IMG_20141007_152542.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141007_152542.jpg
    IMG_20141007_152542.jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread