ICC III hands on/first impression

has anyone else noticed the really annoying glitch that as soon as you begin veiwing a ball if the players out the fielding team are shown , for a split second, celabrating without moving tis really annoying cause i now know when people are gonna be out as the fielders are shown celebrating :crying
this only seems to happen on seamers and not spinners

that shows him at the end of his run up before hes bowled

[img=http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1959/whataretheystoodsatonbh2.th.png] also has anyone suddenly lost a whole part of the stadium? It dissapered on day two of a match and reapeared on the 4th :D

Last edited:
I still hate the way you can't sort squad lists, free agents, etc by the stats.

How hard can that be to implement, and it is a basic requirement of any stats based game :(

Just played it for a while and im not too impressed. The graphics are an improvement but apart from that what is the difference?

As mentioned above you still can't sort stats and the game has a clumsy feel to it.

has anyone else noticed the really annoying glitch that as soon as you begin veiwing a ball if the players out the fielding team are shown , for a split second, celabrating without moving tis really annoying cause i now know when people are gonna be out as the fielders are shown celebrating :crying
this only seems to happen on seamers and not spinners
Yep I had noticed that! It's only for a spilt second but it is viewable and it kinda spoils the suspense of whether the batsman will be out or not.

This animation thingy is just to glitchy altogether...They shoulda focused on gameplay first, looks second.

I really don't give a toss about the new features, the hawkeye and graphics are alright yes, but I only really wanted to game for the new database frankly.

Well the database hasn't really changed much. Except the World Cup minnow teams.

...And some other minor updates. ICC 2006 (non-ashes version) didn't have Adil Rashid, mind you. He's an absolute god in this game! He just destroyed my Surrey in the first innings with figures of 7-93.

To take wickets now requires a bit of thinking. You have to order your bowlers to bowl to the weak points (i.e. "full pitched on middle-leg). Only changing these things for the bowler takes to much clicking IMAO.

I still hate the way you can't sort squad lists, free agents, etc by the stats.

How hard can that be to implement, and it is a basic requirement of any stats based game :(

You can in the player search engine.

I really don't give a toss about the new features, the hawkeye and graphics are alright yes, but I only really wanted to game for the new database frankly.

Yeah, that's why I got it too. The new Indian generation batsmen (Tiwary, Uthappa, Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Badrinath) weren't good in ICC 2006 Ashes. But, they're bloody brilliant on this game. Tiwary's kicking major ass in Tests, while Uthappa's taking ODIs by storm.

Has anyone else seen the wicketkeeper turn around as he takes catches? Glitchy graphics galore :eek:

And, it seems the better the batsman the more variety of shots you're going to see.

for years everone has complaines about no new featurs in icc and now they hav added a new part of the game in true 3d graphics insted of the crappy style they used to have everyone complaines lol.
i love icc, its a great game and i play it far to much, this game is the same as all the previousl versions apart from the graphis so i still love it, and i really like the new style, yes there not great, but this is just the first step for the game, they will get better each year, at least there trying to improve the game now

Yeah, that's why I got it too. The new Indian generation batsmen (Tiwary, Uthappa, Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Badrinath) weren't good in ICC 2006 Ashes. But, they're bloody brilliant on this game. Tiwary's kicking major ass in Tests, while Uthappa's taking ODIs by storm.

Has anyone else seen the wicketkeeper turn around as he takes catches? Glitchy graphics galore :eek:

And, it seems the better the batsman the more variety of shots you're going to see.

Yeah i noticed that one.

Tbf I've never wanted new features. The game engine is pretty perfect as it is. It's just impatient people who seem to want a game to have everything. The time will come when a game like ICC becaomes corss bred with something like Cricket 2007. Where you can actually play the games.

I only buy the game because I find what it is additive and I enjoy playing it.

if ICC had a complicated database and selector it would not be ICC
people are saying ICC has lost its old way but everyone wanted change the 3d is awesome and the only thing i would change is the option to change it to 2D

AS few questions______Can you speed up play-both highlights and over by over

any advice for bowling i get smashed in test

Users who are viewing this thread