ICC III hands on/first impression

Am i the only one that thinks that the game feels abit cheap. From the average box art, to the pretty lifeless menus, everything feels abit flimsy and cheap. The 3d match engine is pretty poor, with pretty bad animations and a poor camera. The match layout is poor, with the long list of options to change the highlights and its even effort to change the line and length. Also the menu music, however retro it may be gives the game a pretty tacky feel. I may grow to enjoy the game, but after playing my world cup campaign and the start of the WI series as England i am not particularly enjoying the experience. ICC 06 was far more enjoyable as a pick up, play for 30mins and put down game, this is just more effort to play. Cant see it being bought by me for a while, not until i can get it dirt cheap like i did with 06 anyway.

Just had my first online game as Lancashire vs Yorkshire. Made 204 all out, after some innings saving batting from Hodge and Horton. Then I managed to bowl them out for 197 in a thrilling finale as a batting display from Hoggard nearly got him over the finish line. Jimmy took 4-47 and Murali and Keedy were very cheap. Murali's last over got the vital wicket of Mike Hussey who was on 77.

Just found out that some LBW's that are given out aren't actually LBW's, which is a good thing to show that the umpire is not always right. On the other hand, I think this one needs to go to specsavers, as it was a bit outside leg stump! It stopped a blossoming Flintoff innings!

Just found out that some LBW's that are given out aren't actually LBW's, which is a good thing to show that the umpire is not always right. On the other hand, I think this one needs to go to specsavers, as it was a bit outside leg stump! It stopped a blossoming Flintoff innings!

Yeah, I noticed it last night too. It adds some realism to it all, but there must be a limit. I got a LBW turned down while the batsman had gone back into his crease to a straight one from Monty. It pitched between wicket and wicket, hit him between wicket and wicket and would have hit middle and leg about half way up.
The desicions aren't as dodgy as they are in C07 but I think it can be quite annoying in ICC III.

Yeah, I noticed it last night too. It adds some realism to it all, but there must be a limit. I got a LBW turned down while the batsman had gone back into his crease to a straight one from Monty. It pitched between wicket and wicket, hit him between wicket and wicket and would have hit middle and leg about half way up.
The desicions aren't as dodgy as they are in C07 but I think it can be quite annoying in ICC III.

I had two plumb lbws from Yardy turned down, could lbw's to spinners be a bug? They were both hitting off.

The 'play over' speed is really irritating me now. I honestly can't play it at this pace; The way it worked in previous ICC's was better.

Somewhat underwhelmed so far. Menus are ugly and blocky, a regression rather than an improvement. Still can't play as an Associate, even in WC or Exhibition mode (which I've been loving since I discovered Cricket Coach.) 3D view is dated but welcome. Hawkeye's nice. Ball-tracker would be good if you could drag the perspective around. Can't seem to select venue for a one-off series (player is always at home.) Don't seem to be any stadium names (I've been playing as Australia, maybe these were absent from previous versions too as I seldom strayed from the county mode.)

I skipped through the World Cup as Australia and am currently playing (with little success) against Sri Lanka. All the Australian spinners in the national list (bar Warne and MacGill) had averages over 40. Is this happening to everyone else?

Don't you guys think that there are way too many bowleds rather than other type of dismissals

Also do you guys notice that the bat and ball are black or is that just an graphics card issue?

Users who are viewing this thread