ICC III hands on/first impression

Don't you guys think that there are way too many bowleds rather than other type of dismissals

Also do you guys notice that the bat and ball are black or is that just an graphics card issue?

Graphics card issue mate.

Aww...So Michael Munday is still a necessity?

He's great for me at Somerset. In the screenshots thread, I posted an animation where he bowled a Warne to KP-esque delivery.

I cant put @ in my e-mail address.

Press '
It turns into @

Am i the only one that thinks that the game feels abit cheap. From the average box art, to the pretty lifeless menus, everything feels abit flimsy and cheap. The 3d match engine is pretty poor, with pretty bad animations and a poor camera. The match layout is poor, with the long list of options to change the highlights and its even effort to change the line and length. Also the menu music, however retro it may be gives the game a pretty tacky feel. I may grow to enjoy the game, but after playing my world cup campaign and the start of the WI series as England i am not particularly enjoying the experience. ICC 06 was far more enjoyable as a pick up, play for 30mins and put down game, this is just more effort to play. Cant see it being bought by me for a while, not until i can get it dirt cheap like i did with 06 anyway.

A bit of work from our members, and it'll be good as new! :D
And I like the music at the menu. I think it's from World Series Cricket.

Last edited:
That would be awesome. Then I could make my sig come true!

Just a question. If I don't have any ICC games should I get ICC III? I have downloaded the trial for ICC 06 Ashes and that was pretty good. What do you guys think?

Yeah you should. I would, obviously, get the latest latest version.

Has anyone else noticed they've done nothing to update the match engine? Like, its exactly the same.

Hopefully the next game is a little different in that respects.

However, this is a genuine improvement considering the graphics which I actually quite like - they are simple and that's all they are meant to be. Just makes for a better experience methinks.

Haven't played the game enough to notice any changes to the match engine. Will probably find out soon though, since Ill be playing it for hours.

Has anyone else noticed they've done nothing to update the match engine? Like, its exactly the same.

Hopefully the next game is a little different in that respects.

However, this is a genuine improvement considering the graphics which I actually quite like - they are simple and that's all they are meant to be. Just makes for a better experience methinks.

The match engine has been improved significantly now you will se much more balanced and high scoring ODIs plus you dont see all the 20 wkts gone in each and every match ,and beacause of this OD average of the bowlers are pretty much ,which I love it all this reviews is based on my game at 2015 cannt predict of the future game years :D

Ive only got ICC 05 so I think I'll order the game from amazon on monday bcos it looks like a big improvement on that version. Until then I'll play the trial version!!

Users who are viewing this thread