ICC III hands on/first impression

I'm not impressed, like the guy above me says they've just updated the highlights and the user interface. Doesn't look they've touched players skills or stats since ICC 06 Ashes version. Although Mal Loye has his VB series stats... Ravinda Bopara doesn't...curiously.

I'm not happy paying £26 for ICC 06 Ashes with an updated highlights package which I don't even particularly like. If I wanted a 3D graphics cricket simulator I would go out and get Brian Lara or EA Cricket. I, as I'm pretty sure everybody else, wanted an accurate, upto date cricket MANAGEMENT simulator.

All the pre-existing player irregularities are still there. Shoiab Malik as already pointed out. Openers who aren't openers. Keepers aren't keepers. Allrounders who aren't allrounders. Etc. Etc.

If the game's database wasn't so heavily encrypted and the makers so tight about informing end-users know how to edit it things like that wouldn't be a problem at all. I don't know what they're afraid of.

The makers of Football Manager are very open about how to make changes to their product and they have no fear that this will mean people will only need to buy the product once. Why??? Because they actually bother to listen to their end-user feedback and make significant changes and advances in their game every year.

So that actually tells you what they're afraid of. Putting more effort in than is required of them. They know they can sit back and depend on the guaranteed market for a cricket management simulator without having to make significant advances in gameplay.

They're in a comfort zone.

Oh and theres still no sixes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes my pc go to windows old style!
help???????????????????????

I'm just disappointed. I've been really looking forward to this and clearly expected too much of the developers.

A lot of you seem to very pleased with it and fairplay, each to their own. :noway

Im sorta dunno...Looks good, but plays the same it seems. Like every other ICC.

well is same old game just 3d highlights really and players are even further mucked up like shoib malik isnt a BOWLER i mean wtf

Sounds as though the match/game engine and stats have changed very little, they've just prettied up the graphics.

Trouble is, as long as people keep buying new versions of ICC, what motivation have they got to make significant improvements to the game?

This is turning from a "I love ICC III!" to a "Lets diss ICC III!" thread! lol

Exactly.

I've downloaded the demo, thank god, because I'm seriously thinking about NOT buying it. Its actually my opinion that the user interface has been "updated" to the detriment of the game. I used to use right click quite a lot to navigate through the menus. Thats gone. Remember the option to save your team selection thats been in every other version. Thats gone.

And if I'm going to be really honest, that 3D highlights thing. Yeah.....it crap!

This is turning from a "I love ICC III!" to a "Lets diss ICC III!" thread! lol

Hehehehe :cool:

I'm just genuinely disappointed.

'Its just not cricket'. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, O loved the right-click. Especially during matches. 3D thing is good, but not entirely needed. I like Hawk-Eye.

Still has some of the same old errors. The developers still don't know the difference between Kolpak players and players with UK or EU passports. For example, Nic Pothas and Andy Flower should not be Kolpak players.

Really enjoying this now, like the new graphics. It is more than a pretty up it is a major overhaul.

Just had such an exciting game in my first game as Lancashire vs Warwickshire. They needed 5 off the last 2 overs but only got 1. Hanlock is my youth player, on his debut he had a mixed match! A hundred in the 1st innings and a 2nd ball duck in the third. Loye scored a very quick hundred in the 2nd innings.

One question, when registering online, is anyone else getting the problem where the dot is not appearing after typing it on the keyboard when enternig your email address. Every other character is appearing.

One question, when registering online, is anyone else getting the problem where the dot is not appearing after typing it on the keyboard when enternig your email address. Every other character is appearing.

Yeah, press the dot button, it is there BUT doesnt appear :) ive been online yet not played a game, and i agree with the idea of a Shoutbox in here also for online games!!

SimonsSoldiers!

Just played a mamoth test match against my mate, I was South Africa, he was Pakistan, somehow got bowled out for 190 on a flat pitch, Samaweera got 4 wickets, he got 412 with Sangakara top scoring with 120 odd, so i had to bat to save the test match, batted from 2 day eve, till lunch on the fifth, Gibbs played a mamoth innings faced 388 balls only got 98!, took a 210 lead and took 5 wickets in the final session, but my mate was playing very aggressive to get the win but ended in draw. The replays and the hawkeye and graphics made it extra exciting and the game generally played well. you could see where the bowler was trying to bowl and the bad balls that were put for four.

not particularly amazing this game. I still like the old one better. The 3d animations arnt exactly amazing. we dont even need them coz we want better gameplay and accurate

Users who are viewing this thread