ICC News: Restructuring the ICC, BCCI Influence & more

Huh? I don't see any issue having this in place, it will make the TV coverage even more immersive.

I don't think us fans need to hear what the umpire is thinking live when making a decision. I know americans do it in NFL, but i'm not too sure that works for cricket & that umpires need to put under the extra scrutiny.

The DRS for example is already faulty in how its set-up, imaging hearing them explain that live on air.

I don't think us fans need to hear what the umpire is thinking live when making a decision. I know americans do it in NFL, but i'm not too sure that works for cricket & that umpires need to put under the extra scrutiny.

The DRS for example is already faulty in how its set-up, imaging hearing them explain that live on air.
In rugby the referees have been mic'd up for years and with great success. I think it's a great idea.

It is crucial that umpires (particularly those with the aid of replays) make the correct decisions and if they know they are making the right calls then they should not fear their conversations being broadcast live, and if this added pressure makes them take more care then good, if it puts them under too much pressure to make correct decisions then they should not be an international umpire.

the prob is once they are on payroll few would voice contradicting opinions...and those who do are often fickle and change opinions too quickly for liking, also conflict of interest if they are recently retired players, if ganguly was a think tank im sure sehwag and gauti would still be opening with bhaji in spin etc. though all said cant see how they can do worse than the current folks running the machine.

Quite sure it's just Colin Graves attempting to show he's open to innovative ideas for once unlike others....

I also think that its a good idea to ruin the best form of cricket, just to earn more money from T20s.

England have been long wanting to do away with the ODI format or to tinker with it. A lot of people who support against the ODI format seem to be English sympathizers.:rolleyes

To me, the advent of T20's has made me enjoy ODI's even more. A T20 is often too quick for me and after it came in, tests became too long for me. ODI gives me the right balance. People complain about middle overs. But these same people are OK with sitting through potentially endless amount of dull overs in test cricket.:rolleyes:facepalm Test cricket is like a movie where I can doze off for a bit and then get back up and into the proceedings without any difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread