ICC Probing matches for fixing

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
England V India...

What about the england collapse?
What about the tail smacking 29 runs in the last two overs. Was that part of the fixing, too?

--

People taking Warne's prediction seriously really decreases my respect for human intelligence.

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lol, I was just waiting for the Pakistanis to start playing the victim card. Now everytime there is something even slightly untoward they will say, "Oh if Pakistan did that, everybody will say it was match fixing."

Yeah, and it could start getting out of hand too, I wish the ICC would just tell them to shut up.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I think how Warne said that was looking like he said in a joke. I dont think that match was fixed. However, i am not sure about the Watson and haddin batting, but on the other hand, they were struggling in warm up games, so It was quite logical that they were cautious in the first ten overs. Watson is my favourite Batsman though

6ry4nj

International Coach
Now that my team England have had a close and at several stages/levels 'improbable' upset win, it seems an appropriate time for me to call for such games to be investigated for fixing. Match/spot-fixing investigations should concentrate on unlikely results etc. that occur in matches. Among others, I think England's South Africa, Ireland and India games should be given a good looking over.

I've no idea what mechanisms the ICC has at its disposal to find match/spot-fixing when it occurs, so I'm not confident they stand much chance of finding it, even if it is going on (as seems likely). But the longest journey starts with a single step, and the first step is to have a good look for it (especially when the improbable happens).

Therefore the other game of the World Cup so far that begs investigation is the one between Sri Lanka and Pakistan (being the other upset). Not that I'm in any way opposed to passing a close eye over (all the) other matches as well.

Owzat

International Coach
It's good that they're taking spot-fixing seriouly now - any irregular pattern will now be investigated.

Having said that, I don't think there's anything fishy on what Watto and Haddin did.

I think they should really do such investigations QUIETLY, otherwise every tom, dick and harry dick, dick and dick will scream "match fixing" any time wickets fall or runs aren't scored at an SR of 100+.

Too late.......................... :rolleyes

It will happen in matches, that's the nature of cricket. It's one thing for a bowler to overstep by so much his foot lands on the batsman's mark, but something else to assume slightly unusual patterns of scoring are spot fixing.

Of course if bookies weren't so greedy and encourage bets on almost any event during a game then it couldn't happen, for me I say tough titties to the bookies and let them suffer as long as the game of cricket isn't spoiled for it (and by that I mean the odd no ball isn't going to affect a game, that isn't to say the culprits shouldn't be banned)

6ry4nj

International Coach
Ho hum, another day (ok it's been two days), another game needing investigation: New Zealand-Pakistan. Of a number of suss games, gotta say this was the sussest so far...

6ry4nj

International Coach
Well, here we are again, with another suspect result and again one involving England. Twenty-three wides!!!?

Topping the count of suspect performances so far we have England with three, daylight second, but Sri Lanka, India, South Africa and Pakistan have one each.
(How do I get those figures? I'm counting who lost in each upset, except for the tie where I'm counting both sides).

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
What a joke some of these Pakistani guys are. I've seen Warne and just about every other Australian commentator jokingly predict ties often between two rival countries, and they almost never happen. The law of averages says you've got to be right eventually.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Latest developments ???

Times of India said:
The Mumbai crime branch busted a match fixing racket from a hotel in Ahmedabad involving three Dawood men, who sneaked into the hotel where the Australian team was put up to play Zimbabwe in the World Cup game on February 21.

Read the rest here

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Times of India is pretty decent source!! If Watto & Haiddin are caught that will be shame on Cricket

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Times of India is pretty decent source!! If Watto & Haiddin are caught that will be shame on Cricket

:noway

That paper is pretty pathetic. One of the worst papers in India is times of India with Hindustan times giving it a close run .

:D

Users who are viewing this thread