PS3: ICC World Twenty20 League-thing

Unless I've lost the ability to count; then I make that six so far... I'm going to start thinking about allocating nations so that late applicants know who'll they'll get, but I didn't want to make it totally first-come-first-served.

I'm aiming for late April to start the thing; I'm away from the 10th to the 17th and the UK release date is still in doubt, so I might not have the game myself until the 17th and I'd want to get used to the controls before throwing myself into league play...

I might run with this...put me down for the Netherlands. Like the idea of it not starting till end of april. Saturday and Sunday evenings should work (UK time)

but I didn't want to make it totally first-come-first-served.

What criteria did you have in mind if not first come first serve? Seems like the most fair approach to me, and has been the way it has happened in all the Ashes 09 tourneys organised here on PC.

Its primarily to prevent people with limited numbers of posts coming in and expecting to get India/Pakistan/Australian/England; I've had that problem on other forums with other games. I just want to make sure that people are going to hang around if they apply to play, and it looks like everyone is still around.

I'm probably going to allocate the first set of teams over the weekend; I'm going to edit the OP to add Dutch, because no one else has applied or will apply for the Netherlands, so it makes sense to do that right now! The other stuff involves thinking, and I've got 3000 words to write for tomorrow so I won't be able to do much of that tonight...

Cool, now that it is not on first come first serve basis, I might as put one entry. I didn't applied till now as I thought India is already taken.

PSN ID: AngryPixel89
Availability: Weekends evening to late night IST.
Countries: 1. India 2. Australia 3.South Africa
Would you mind being a reserve?: yes
Coach name: Don Bradman

Last edited:
Cool, now that it is not on first come first serve basis, I might as put one entry. I didn't applied till now as I thought India is already taken.

But I hope I get India as I am quite active these days but lets see.
Fingers crossed. :p

PSN: FunkyYellowPanda
Teams: Dutch, South Africa, England
Im on all the time on the weekend
No I wont be reserve
Coach: Gordan Ramsey

PSN ID: pure_brad95
Availability: Weekends any time
Countries: 1. Australia 2. West Indies 3. Zimbabwe
Would you mind being a reserve?: No
Coach name: Mike Fegan

PSN: chamanchindi82
Teams: West indies,india,new zealand
availability: 10pm to 10 am ist
No I wont be reserve
Coach: sachin

Last edited:
I had an essay due today; so I've not had a chance to allocate teams yet. I'll do that tonight!

I also had a dissertation proposal to submit; which is a little more important than a dumb internet league... :P

Pot 1
:sri: Sri Lanka (1) - kushari
:ind: India (2) - rishabh96
:pak: Pakistan (3) - RIZZYX
:saf: South Africa (4) - arjwiz

Pot 2
:aus: Australia (5) - AngryPixel
:wi: West Indies (6) - chaman82
:nz: New Zealand (7)
:eng: England (8) - Markkkkk

Pot 3
:ire: Ireland (9) - Solomon
:ban: Bangladesh (10)
:afg: Afghanistan (11) - r3lo4ded
:zim: Zimbabwe (13) - bradthelad

Pot 4
:ned: The Netherlands (12) - Dutch
:( The United Arab Emirates (unr)
:( Nepal (unr) - IceAgeComing
:( Hong Kong (unr)

I've managed to give everyone one of their preferences minus @kushari; and that's only because you were tied with someone who hasn't signed up for a league to this point so I felt that it would be fair to give someone else a shot! Feel free to sign up for one of the remaining teams: Sri Lanka (the bloody number 1 ranked team...), New Zealand, Bangladesh, the UAE, and Hong Kong... Due to the fact that the game leaking may create traffic here and the fact that the UK release isn't any closer; I'm going to keep it open and try to fill us right up!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread