PS3: ICC World Twenty20 League-thing

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is more of an interest check initially; if we get 16 people, then we'll try to run this...

League Format!

This will be a version of the ICC World Twenty20 that is currently being held in Bangladesh. I'm going to adjust the format to make it more suitable to online Leagues; so the (hopefully) 16 teams will be drawn into 4 groups of 4; with the top two from each group qualifying for semi-finals, and then the finals after that - the winner of which shall receive the prize for being King of the World! ...of a short cricket format of a video game...

Groups

Group A
Sri Lanka - kushari - PSN: ujjwal8281
England - Markkkkk - PSN: FunkyYellowPanda
Zimbabwe - bradthelad - PSN: pure_brad95
Nepal - IceAgeComing - PSN: klaus9223

Group B
India - rishabh96 - PSN: rishabhtandon96
New Zealand - Andrin Issac - PSN: Andrin Issac
Bangladesh - rahulkhush - PSN: klaus9223
Hong Kong - bigsix - PSN: bumba33

Group C
Pakistan - RIZZYX - PSN: xx-1mr4n-xx
Australia - AngryPixel - PSN: AngryPixel89
Afghanistan - r3lo4ded - PSN: r3lo4ded
The United Arab Emirates - s_mohd - edgheadmohd

Group D
South Africa - arjwiz - PSN: arjwiz
West Indies - chaman82 - PSN: chamanchindi82
Ireland - Solomon - PSN: solo_1811
The Netherlands - Dutch - PSN: dutchad

Squads!

I'm not 100% how I plan to handle squads. I'm currently planning to have a "use the real tournament squads" rule; but I may change that depending on how I feel post-release. I am happy to listen to advice in this area though!

Signing Up!

I've not got a firm date for the start of this thing; but its going to be no sooner than the 18th April since I'll be away between the 10th and the 17th. Please don't sign up if you won't have the game around then, or any updated date in the OP. It all depends on how many players sign up; if I don't get the full 16 then I'll think of an alternative idea. Signups will mostly be first-come-first-served; but I might be a little biased and pick someone with a longer and better posting history over someone who makes their first post in this thread - this is to prevent people from signing up and then forgetting again . To sign up; I would like you to provide the following information:

PSN ID:
Availability: Please specify both days and times, since many of us probably wouldn't be available on certain days. Additionally; please state what your time zone is and am/pm: just saying "half past 7" doesn't help me try and schedule matches since it means a different thing in different parts of the world. When I create a document specifying everything; then I'll specify everything in GMT/BST since it should be easy to calculate from there
What countries would you like to play as?: - Please give at least THREE preferences (and as many as 16 if you're bored), including one associate - I would like to give everyone a country that they wouldn't mind playing as, and I know that if it was first come first served then it would take an age for teams like Hong Kong to get picked. I plan to play, but I am happy to take the team that the least people would like to play as.
Would you mind being a reserve?: We probably won't need reserves because of the large numbers, but I'm going to have this as an option just in case. If it comes down to playing as Nepal or being, say, the Indian reserve, then I'm going to allocate you as a player since its always better to play rather than hope that the India player vanishes and you get to have a go!
Coach "name": I'd like to add a little bit of colour to this thread and perhaps make it a story style thing: so I'd appreciate it if you provide a name for your manager. Please don't suggest "cricketfan452" or whatever your username is; but something that would pass as a real name. I've used this name generator before to get random names, so its a good thing for a last resort!

Thread/League Rules!
1. Games should be played on around a weekly schedule. This depends on whether people are available - I appreciate that May and June as busy periods for school/uni exams (:() so if there is a request that we slacken the schedule a bit, when I will!
2. I would appreciate it if you posted in this thread if you have to change availability or if you'll be away for a while - if you post in the thread in General; then I'll also check there but don't expect me to be reading the Bangladesh domestic cricket thread or wherever else you post about being away...
3. If you (or your reserve) don't manage to play your game during your allocated week during the group stages; then you will be able to make it up if you manage to play it during the other group weeks. For the knock-outs or if you don't manage to make up; then we'll work it out from there; but the OPs decisions are final.
4. Please post results in the thread; with the batting and bowling scorecards if possible. It'll provide some thread discussion; and enable me to practice my writing as well as guaranteeing that the calculation of net run rate is accurate. Game reports would also be appreciated!
5. I reserve the right to change the rules or timetables at any time; although I only will do this to clarify the rules or give more time to people.
6. This is the official thread song: anyone who insults it will be banned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKa2mp5ePes

Last edited:
PSN ID: rishabhtandon96
Availability: After 11 PM IST everyday (That's the time when I will be available always)
Countries: India/Ireland/Afghanistan (Preference wise)
Would you mind being a reserve?: No but still would love to play. :p
Coach name: Mr. Shabbir Khan

Will get game by first week of april. :D

Last edited:
This looks well organised.

I suppose that squads could be the current teams, since that might be (a) easier to organise in the game that might throw up some surprises with CA, and (b) fair since the top 8 teams are fairly equal on paper. Or perhaps you could allow one or two "legends", as long as the player's attributes on CA are verified by you.

But you're right, depending on the number of signups, you could reduce the number of teams from 16 to 8 and change the league format a bit.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to join, so here's my application:

PSN ID: arjwiz
Availability: 7-10PM GMT all weekdays (work permitting), most weekends (wife permitting)
Countries: (1) South Africa (2) India (3) Netherlands
Would you mind being a reserve?: I could be a reserve, but only in addition to managing the first team. I want to play!
Coach name: Sir Vicenzo Kenny McMann
Theme Music: Here come's the money! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4XJCm3deQ

PSN ID: xx-1mr4n-xx
Availability: UK evening time or late night.
Countries: 1. Pakistan 2. Pakistan 3. Pakistan 4. Australia 5. Netherlands :p
Would you mind being a reserve?: Yes
Coach name: Waqar Younis

Last edited:
I am hell excited for this but I guess only less people are excited. :(

Suggestion: Allow all owners to add themselves as player in their team.
Like I enrolled for India so let me play for India and so on..

Last edited:
I am hell excited for this but I guess only less people are excited. :(

Suggestion: Allow all owners to add themselves as player in their team.
Like I enrolled for India so let me play for India and so on..

I am also "hell excited" but I am not a fan of that second suggestion. I think teams should include real players that the manager of this tournament chooses and validates.

PSN ID: ujjwal8281
Availability: After 19 PM IST everyday (That's the time when I will be available always)
Countries: India/Australia/Afganistan (Preference wise)
Would you mind being a reserve?: No but still would love to play.
Coach name: Mr. Ujjwal Kushari

Last edited:
I am also "hell excited" but I am not a fan of that second suggestion. I think teams should include real players that the manager of this tournament chooses and validates.

that was just a suggestion. Some teams will be weak.
If one player joins the team say like Nepal, then he can play a massive knock for Nepal and we can get close match even between Nepal and India.

Nah, that's a bad idea because we'd end up with a bunch of number 3 batsmen/demon leg spinners and it'd be crap.

I'll see how the net code works on release; I think that Ross mentioned that the teams are balanced a bit online (or at least, its better than AFL Live is). If there will be a problem with the teams not being balanced (i.e. if its impossible for the Nepal team to win, which there shouldn't be because they are pretty good) then I'll buff the stats a bit and share a team on the academy...

My plan is that if we have only 8 then we change it to a Champions League-style T20 thing and use the big 8, although I'd rather not do that if possible... We're at 5 anyway, so we might get to a point where we can do as close to 16 as possible!

CA doesn't run very well on my PC; but what I'm thinking about doing on release is getting the best players that I can find (probably from the actual forum); and share that as a team that everyone must use. Adding legends might be a good idea; but I don't know how it would work with associate teams - Don Bradman is a little better than Gavin Hamilton was...

Adding legends might be a good idea; but I don't know how it would work with associate teams - Don Bradman is a little better than Gavin Hamilton was...

I am not sure whether this is a good idea.
Maybe we should go on with current squad.

Adding legends might be a good idea; but I don't know how it would work with associate teams - Don Bradman is a little better than Gavin Hamilton was...

David Warner is also better than Gordon Drummond, if you know what I mean. I don't think legends will create an imbalance any worse than there already is. If anything, a Gavin Hamilton might spur on the Scottish team more than, say, a Jacques Kallis will spur on South Africa.

PSN ID: r3lo4ded
Availability: UK late night after 8pm every day Sunday all day .
Countries: 1. Afghanistan 2. Pakistan 3. India
Would you mind being a reserve?: Yes
Coach name: Waqar Younis

PSN ID: solo_1811
Availability: GMT +3 time zone (anytime after 2000hrs).
Countries: 1. India 2. Australia 3. Ireland
Would you mind being a reserve?: No
Coach name: Sachin Tendulkar

Users who are viewing this thread