Im converted into CK2005 fan. Thanks

Daxter23

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well i was waiting for Brian lara cricket for so long. Really thought it was goign to be good. And when i got it on thursday i was delighted. But how it let me down. While it is a decent game, it is far to arcadey. The lack of a front and back foot shot action is a let down. The bowling is good and the fielding is ok.But there are serious problems. Editing all the names takes alot of effort.Not having the ability to select who you want to play for your country is a miss. But the real bad thing abou thtis game is the AI. It is in one word... a DISGRACE. I bowled 32 overs in an Odi and bowled Sri lanak out for 52. yes 52 in 30 overs. The biggest discrace in this game is when cpu batsmen play shot and there is an easy single on they very very very rarely take it. Graeme Smith one of the most free socring batsman in the world scored 12 of 73 balls in an ODI. he must have missed out on 40-50 runs by not running. You have to do the fielding but there is no point as it is pretty much impossible to get a run out. Hitting sixes is very easy and imo i was so dissapointed with this game. There is no stat tracking, no wagon wheels etc. It is such a let down.

Now reviewers have given BLIC 8/10 regualry but i suggest it is becasue it is a pick up and play and these reviewers have very little cricket knowledge. Meanwhile Cricket 2005 gets slated for being to hard but i think it is a true sim and a great reflection of the real game of cricket. I really want to get CK2005. All you guys on here seem to be really happy with the game and it sounds so realsitic. It has great graphics an dof cource official licences helps.

But seriously if you are plannijgn to get BLic i advise you not to. Tje batsman not taking singles is so annoying. I cant state how bad this is. It is a Disgrace. It is an ok game if you can get over this but nto realsitic enough. I want Ck2005 in my opinion.

So i thank you for helping me to see the light and i look forwar dto purchasing CK2005 and sharing my experiences on the game on this forum.

Many thanks

Regards

A converted CK2005 fan -Lewis

I was converted a few days ago and I went out and bought the game. I now love it! (check my sig)

How is the humble pie tasting for all the people that slagged off Cricket 2005 and thought BLIC was going to be the best thing since sliced bread?

Not too dry I hope.

I have been converted too, definately getting the game tomorrow morning.

My first impressions was to get Brian Lara's but a few looks at a few threads on here and im turned :)

I tried to tell them that Blic would suck and now they see since it has been released. Codemasters doesn't know how to make sports. They're best at rally. They should stick to that!

yo dudes i play cover shots and they don't go far but when i play mid-on or square shots they go far enough. Is there any keys that boosts the cover shot except six button. I am talking about ground shots not flying shots (six hit).
when i play cover shots i do this (hold ALT and when the ball get closer i hit the S button and also the balll hits the middle of the bat and still doesn't go far. help

so how do u play front foot shot? My manual book doesn't help that much.

it says all about timings

barmyarmy said:
I'm still prefering BLIC but I've only had time to play about 2 games on either.

Even I am with BLIC. After so many years of cricket game with EA I will switch to BLIC which is a lot different from cricket 2005. Although the AI bug is very annoying, after reading the user reviews. I think I will still enjoy BLIC more than cricket 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread