IM HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE BATTING

A

amit878787

Im having so much trouble batting, i mean how do u bat, i can only hit basll sritaght and they dont go any where so i can get runs, how can i use the advanced shot and the six hit shot, i mean i dunno how, help

H

hammudy

why dont you read the manual and then ask what you want to know...

A

amit878787

weel, i did read it and im still having trouble

how do u do the advanced shots becuase i can only play the front shot which goes no where HEL:P

N

nash

Originally posted by amit878787@Mar 27 2004, 09:37 PM
weel, i did read it and im still having trouble

how do u do the advanced shots becuase i can only play the front shot which goes no where HEL:P
If you have read the manual and are still having trouble playing anything other than front foot shots then either

a) your keyboard isn't configured correctly or
B) you are not really old enough to be playing computer games ??

D

deadduck

Okay, BIG TIP here. Change the difficulty settings to medium, believe it or not it's easier. For you guys helping, it is very frustrating that instead of helping you just a) blame the person for not reading the manual or B) dismiss their problems as set up errors.

On easy, the front foot/back foot shot selection doesn't function so the AI makes the decisions for you. This makes it very difficult to bat as the timing for front and back foot shots are different and if you don't know which one you are going to play you can't time the ball.
On medium, you know exactly the shot you are going to play so you won't get caught out as often trying to hit the ball off the front foot but instead playing a back foot.

If the only shot you can play is the front foot defensive shot, you are probably pressing the keys in the wrong order. Hold the direction you want to hit first and then select the front/back foot key. To hit a six you need to hold down the hit six button and then play as if you would a normal shot. Beware though as mistiming this will cause you to hit the ball into the air and you are likely to be caught.

To play the advance shot, you just select your direction (it doesn't work with up and right/left ie the hook/late cut strokes) . To hit this for six you have to time it very well, just practice in the nets and learn to use the bowler's action as a guide.

Hope this helps. IMO the manual is very badly written and especially for a first time player isn't helpful for learning to bat. There is no ingame tutorial so it is basically up to you to figure it out for yourself. For some people they pick it up straight away, for others (me included) it takes several days to learn how to bat properly. But once you get it sorted it is not very hard.

R

ricky123

:D it took me one week , ;) just prctice in the nets,it helps a lot

S

squiz

The transistion from Medium to Hard really pissed me off coz i couldn't time the ball properly. Now it's easy as

R

ricky123

Originally posted by squiz@Mar 28 2004, 01:33 PM
The transistion from Medium to Hard really pissed me off coz i couldn't time the ball properly. Now it's easy as
:D ya i still remember getting out for duck six times in a row,thank god for saved games :lol:

H

hammudy

well if you want to play the advance shoot then do this..time well and press the direction and just the advance button....thats all if you want to loft it then also keep the power boost button held

A

amit878787

This is what i do and still does work
1) I hold down the direction i want to hit using numpad
2)when the ball is bowled, i simotaneously press D for advanced shot an then s

another way i try is
1)hold the direction using numbpad
2)while the bowler makes his run i hold odwn d
3)then i press s for front shot

HELP i REad the 3 person reply, i followed it but tsill dont undertasnad

D

deadduck

you are doing it wrong. There is no need to press s (front foot shot) after you press d. Pressing d is sufficient to advance down the wicket. Have you ever seen a back foot charge?

You are probably pressing the button too late and that will be why it is not going very far. Practice in the nets until you can get the timing right. For fast and medium bowlers you need to press advance in the middle of the bowler's action while the bowler's arm is pointing towards the ground. For spinners it's harder, you have to press it just before the release.

S

sq13610

The longer you hold down the front foot/back foot button the more power you put into the shot.

It says this in the manual but I overlooked it at first. When I realised I started to get the ball off the square.