IM HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE BATTING

N

Nadaav

Thank you guys for finally providing some great tips on batting. I've heard so much "we can't disclose this" in this forum to prevent piracy, that I've been deprived of good tips.

1) The manual is available on this site anyway;
2) I've followed the manual word for word, and think it really needs some work to put it politly.

I got the game yesterday, but am still having trouble batting. Not to blow my own trumpet, but instead to instill some confidence that I am able to operate a computer competently, I consider my self a high level user (by virtue of being a software developer and running a software development company), but sense something is wrong as per below:

I've spent most of my time in the nets. I'm on Medium level. I move the batsman into position using the arrow keys. I select the direction (numpad) of the shot (I'm well aware of shots being an outdoor cricketer of many years, and owning "the manual"). I then press the s (front) or w (back) shot buttons at what I feel is the appropriate timing. Quite often, the timing bar is smack bang in the middle, but the ball just drops at my feet, or rolls into the nets. The guy even says "that was great shot selection and timing", but the ball doesn't travel very far. In addition, Both the A and D keys cause the batsman to leave the ball alone, prompting a "you didn't select a shot!". I've checked and re-set the mapping. I've even used the Left-Shift key, and got a comment from the coach about hitting shots in the air, although the ball merely rolled into the net again!

Are there any patches that may help me, or am I missing something crucial? Apologise for the essay, but any help would be much apreciated. Until then, I'm going back to http://www.stickcricket.com which I'm enjoying more at the moment!! :wacko:

N

Nadaav

Finally got it. The num pad doesn't seem to work, and I use the arrow keys (pressing both left and down for a RHB cover drive for example).