Importance of animations in cricket captain

Arijit265

School Cricketer
Hi there, so I am making a cricket strategy game (something along the lines of cricket captain 2024) but I want to add a few more variables into the management aspect and the match and AI since I feel that childish things have not updated their logic since quite sometime.

Now I can code the logic (which I am doing) and provide a Graphical interface for things like selecting where you want to throw the ball, how much aggression do you want in that shot, where do you want to focus the shot and different stats of the AI player.

But my biggest problem is that I don't think I would be able to make really polished animations that occurs in between the balls that shows how the ball is bowled in the field basically the animation of the ball bowled.

I can make something which is a bit crude but not something which is along the lines of DBC or recent ashes cricket games in terms of smoothness of animation and variety in terms of shots.

Now here is the question

How much importance does that animation stand in the gameplay when playing a strategic game?
I want to know a bit more general consensus on this thing

Users who are viewing this thread