India bans English cricketers from practising in India!

They were going to ban Pakistan women team from entering the world cup in India because of that army shooting in Kashmir lol, so stupid.

Had the army shooting taken place before the Men's India Pak series, that series wouldn't have been played.

What surprises me the most is that the ICC agreed to host all matches of the WWC in Mumbai knowing full well that there would be a lot of opposition to Pakistani players in the city. Then again, having the WWC itself in India is also stupid given that we recently hosted the World Cup. Move the thing away from the sub-continent please....

The Board of Control for Cricket in India has reacted angrily to the country?s 2-1 loss in the recent Test series against England by banning a group of county cricketers from practising in India.

Indians ban 30 English players following Test defeat - Telegraph

Very good move by the BCCI if it is true :)

Utter nonsense! What should be done is for the BCCI to send Indian young players abroad to constantly improve their game in overseas conditions, instead of banning overseas players from honing their technique. BCCI is going backward, not forward. And obviously.....

Utter nonsense! What should be done is for the BCCI to send Indian young players abroad to constantly improve their game in overseas conditions, instead of banning overseas players from honing their technique. BCCI is going backward, not forward. And obviously.....

Exactly. BCCI Should send likes of Kohli, Pujara, Rahane, Umesh, Aaron to play in county. We all saw how much Zaheer as a bowler improved after his stint with Worcestershire.

Exactly. BCCI Should send likes of Kohli, Pujara, Rahane, Umesh, Aaron to play in county. We all saw how much Zaheer as a bowler improved after his stint with Worcestershire.

Were you born yesterday? BCCI are not interested in the youngsters honing their skills to perform to the fullest in test cricket, they're out to murder the five day game and let the IPL reign supreme in order to satisfy their selfish objectives.

I've said before only the blind fans like yourself can terminate them, stop supporting team India, glorify their every loss, the English have whip them in their own backyard and now the Aussies are gonna do same, sooner the fans in India would cease to support their team and the BCCI dynasty will fall to the ground where they rightfully belong!

Were you born yesterday? BCCI are not interested in the youngsters honing their skills to perform to the fullest in test cricket, they're out to murder the five day game and let the IPL reign supreme in order to satisfy their selfish objectives.

I've said before only the blind fans like yourself can terminate them, stop supporting team India, glorify their every loss, the English have whip them in their own backyard and now the Aussies are gonna do same, sooner the fans in India would cease to support their team and the BCCI dynasty will fall to the ground where they rightfully belong!

Woah! Calm down big boy. As I said, that I wish it happens some day that BCCI starts thinking about this youngsters but of course it won't be true in the near future.

Supporting India does not have to do anything with BCCI. We are supporting the Indian team, not BCCI.

Woah! Calm down big boy. As I said, that I wish it happens some day that BCCI starts thinking about this youngsters but of course it won't be true in the near future.

Supporting India does not have to do anything with BCCI. We are supporting the Indian team, not BCCI.

This is the problem, BCCI=Team India, if team india fail the BCCI will fail also!

To be fair it's normally Sai that comes in blindly supporting the BCCI, but even he thinks this is ridiculous.

I think more and more people are starting to realise that they really are just in it to make themselves money. For such a rich board, nowhere near enough of the money finds its way to grass roots cricket in India, it's disgraceful.

To be fair it's normally Sai that comes in blindly supporting the BCCI, but even he thinks this is ridiculous.

I think more and more people are starting to realise that they really are just in it to make themselves money. For such a rich board, nowhere near enough of the money finds its way to grass roots cricket in India, it's disgraceful.

Whose disguise am I now?:p

When someone goes into a minority and yet sticks to his opinion, he is branded a 'blind supporter'. I have never been a liker of the BCCI and most of its members who have occupied office (starting from Jagmohan Dalmiya era when I started watching cricket, till now). But when I believe they did something right or when I believe some of their actions concur with my opinion, I say it. Doesn't mean I blindly support them or I am a BCCI spokesman.

The ECB's Refusal to let IPL teams play in Scotland and Ireland led to this move. Read about it here.

Now, I really don't see many people opposing the ECB's stance here. Additionally the EPP tour was one wherein they had not sough permission from the BCCI. SO, really don't see any problem in BCCI blocking them.

lets be honest, both boards are petty and stupid. I've never really given the ECB much credence, they sold out to stanford at the drop of a hat and crowed about it and they've had a chip on their shoulder about the IPL since the out set. that chip is nothing to do with the purity of test cricket by the way, that's how they sell it, it's about money. this too seems is a pretty cynical and mean spirited thing to do, especially given their hold over ireland and scotland stops at the TV muscle, they don't actually do anything to develop the game there.

I still think most of things people have said about the BCCI are warranted, however, it's odd that I've never heard anything about that until now, can't help but think there has been some very selective journalism in the portrayal of certain boards here.

Oh the ECB are like an old boys club of self indulgent toffs, as you say they're not much better except they do plough a fair amount of their resources back into grassroots cricket... it's about the only thing they do better :p

They're also still bitter that they came up with and tried to promote 20-20 cricket, India rejected it and as such it didn't quite take off. Then a few years later they launched their own IPL and cornered the market. Like you say, they often seem jealous of the power the BCCI wields, but the corruption in the BCCI is staggering. The lack of transparency plays a large part in that though.

Another area where the ECB is streets ahead is in looking after their own players. Not perfect mind, but they don't exploit their own stars to anywhere near the same degree as the BCCI.

yeah, there really is a whole old money versus new feel to the rivalry. both have the associated trappings and failings of the stereotype too. I think the worst part it is both seem immune to criticism, the ECB do thing their way because it's their way and they know best, where as the BCCI swallows itself in rampany egotism and convincing itself that making lots of money right now justifies anything.

I'm not really sure about the ECBs commitment to grassroots though, I've said about this in the past but they have 8 or 9 public school boys in the team, that sounds to me like the main way into english cricket is still very much through playing and coaching with superior facilities at public school while the rest of the population hasn't got much of a shot, however, I don't really know what they do, maybe that tide is changing.

I'm not really sure about the ECBs commitment to grassroots though, I've said about this in the past but they have 8 or 9 public school boys in the team, that sounds to me like the main way into english cricket is still very much through playing and coaching with superior facilities at public school while the rest of the population hasn't got much of a shot, however, I don't really know what they do, maybe that tide is changing.

Ye key point this, which is why especially the afro-caribbean, mulatto & african heritage folks in england still view cricket as posh/elite & are more into football & athletics & american basketball, because in public school those sports are regularly played & have decent facilities to play it in.

You just got to look at county cricket to see how english born black people play.

Same thing with the asian's. Although a few of them play for england now, the majority (80% i'd say) who grew up here support india & pakistan. Just a small group would play for england.

So essentially, english cricket teams get picked from a small pool still.

Users who are viewing this thread