India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Shoaib pulls out with injury it's going to look so bad. I'm not saying he's not injured, but in the past he's been known to just quit series half way through because he's not getting any fortune, and then be criticised of not caring about the team etc, etc. This isn't happening now but it's not going to do team morale any good, and will do the media brilliantly.
Lee has bowled beamers a number of times, I doubt they were intentional and I'm sure he doesn't want to be the cause of someone's possible death, so the speculation is probably about its frequency. I also can't remember Lee bowling too many in Test cricket, mainly one day matches so this suggests his attempt to bowl full, fast and straight to reduce runs and take quick wickets.

Last edited:
James219 said:
If Shoaib pulls out with injury it's going to look so bad. I'm not saying he's not injured, but in the past he's been known to just quit series half way through because he's not getting any fortune, and then be criticised of not caring about the team etc, etc. This isn't happening now but it's not going to do team morale any good, and will do the media brilliantly.

He did whatever he could do on wkts on which Lillee failed.Akhtar was putting too much pressure on himself by trying to do impossible on wkts that had nothing for fast bowlers and in the end end up being injured.If anyone is atall to be blamed for Pakistan team's poor position then it got to be Inzi/Bob and PCB that messed up with pitches big time.

You're absolutely right. Lilee did fail on them though is a much better bowler in any case. I wasn't doubting Akhtar's efforts, he's initiated a brilliant comeback where he's showed heart but it just won't appear good to alot of people.

James219 said:
You're absolutely right. Lilee did fail on them though is a much better bowler in any case. I wasn't doubting Akhtar's efforts, he's initiated a brilliant comeback where he's showed heart but it just won't appear good to alot of people.

This time i think the public is in a differenet mood, the ppl seems to be upset at Inzi and PCB for making the worst pitches of the decade, even if Pakistan loses this series, ppl will generally point fingers and Inzi and Woolmer rather than at Akhtar.

MAJID-A said:
Zorax Doom doesn't seem to have any knowledge of pitches. You talk about green wickets like it will stay green all 5 days
When?
, if you knew about them you'd know that on day one it would swing all over the place and then become a flat deck, remember Lahore and Rawalpindi.
Actually, It would swing for the first two days, or a day and a half atleast. But it wouldn't become as falt as a deck as the last two pitches.
You talk about cowardice, getting any wickets on that track would have been impossible,
Tell that to Zaheer. (OK, I know two of them were tailenders and one was Afridi...). And besides, we bowled you out on day one when you were attacking us. If you tried to score quickly and leave us 350(ish) to chase, then I am sure many of our batsamen would have fallen trying to go for the win
though I agree Younis should have declared earlier to at least leave a chance of victory.
So there is no problem?
Pak would never have benefited if Akhtar had injuired himself, whoever many few overs he bowled. Unlike your 'fast' bowlers Shoaib is a full on bowler that puts more stresses on his body in one spell than any of your guys do in a whole day hence the likelihood of re-aggravating an injuiry obtained in the one dayers against Eng is very probable.
Didn't know he was injured...
You really have no idea what you're talking about Zorax.
Actually I do. I am looking in at the best intrest for the sport. Even if you lost, you could atleast be commended for trying to get a result and make it intresting instead of making a farce of the match. Our bowlers also get tired and injuries you know. They are just human.

saisrini80 said:
Are you in anyway trying to justify Shoaib Akthar? I dont think you need bowlers who give their everything for just a small spell but then breakdown in the longer run and are of very little value to the team!

In fact, Kaneria was turning the ball well on the 4th day and was bowling in a very good manner! Akthar is always dangerous with his speed! So I feel Pakistan might have taken a chance! It would have at least made a statement that they are not a defensive team but an aggressive team! The captain by such a move, might have changed the mindset of his team mates which would have helped them in the future run when they encounter similar situations!

Even if Pak had lost, I feel Younis Khan would have been appreciated for making a game out of it!
My point exactly. 100%

can any body tell me how many (draws win and lost) are between india and pakistan in tests and odis and series win ...plz dont mention cricinfo....

wht will be the out come if green pitch will be provided, pakistan Attack Akhtar and Afridi... hahahahaah

Pakistan can play also cricket without Akhtar. It isn't like without Akhtar there is no bowling attack left. They did pretty well I would say in India previous year. Pakistan has a lot of back up bowlers. Shabbir Ahmed is a good bowler, unfortunately he is banned now. Gul is also a good bowler, along with Asif who has shown he can bowl good. He didn't get many wickets though, since his catch chances were dropped. And not to forget there is also Rana.

But I think both Inzamam-ul-Haq and Shoaib Akhtar will play.

Inzamam and Shoaib to face India
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/4649400.stm

aussie1st said:
What happened to the media coverage on Ahktar beamer? When Lee bowls when the whole press is over it. Must be those Kiwi media making it such a big deal.
All said and done, Shoaib Akhtar has not even bowled half the number of beamers in his entire career what Lee bowled in a year or two. IIRC Lee bowled two beamers in a series to same batsman.

rahulk666 said:
All said and done, Shoaib Akhtar has not even bowled half the number of beamers in his entire career what Lee bowled in a year or two. IIRC Lee bowled two beamers in a series to same batsman.

Yeah thats a valid point. Lee bowls them quite often but with Akhtar it is the one awkward delivery. Still he should try and control his pace a bit and direct it at those stumps.

News is that Akhtar will play inshallah and the pitch is green till now... there is a doubt about Inzi but rana will come back along with imran farhat or sami..... and Asif and malik will definately out of next match...

durrani1 said:
News is that Akhtar will play inshallah and the pitch is green till now... there is a doubt about Inzi but rana will come back along with imran farhat or sami..... and Asif and malik will definately out of next match...

Even if Inzy doesnt play, the wicket should encourage the bowlers! Well if a batting beauty is dished out for this test too, then India emerge the moral winners of the series because their batting has always been notches higher than pakistan's and have successfully outbatted Pakistan in both Lahore and Faisalabad! So if pakistan want to emerge successful in this test series, their best way is to put up a green top with not so exaggerated help for fast bowlers. It shouldnt be a batsman's graveyard!

rahulk666 said:

I dont understand why the ICC is not doing anything over the non apology by Akthar to Dhoni? Some sort of punishment should be handed out to him (e.g. fine him!). Even if its a fake apology from the bowler, it has to be rendered by the bowler to the batsman!

saisrini80 said:
Even if Inzy doesnt play, the wicket should encourage the bowlers! Well if a batting beauty is dished out for this test too, then India emerge the moral winners of the series because their batting has always been notches higher than pakistan's and have successfully outbatted Pakistan in both Lahore and Faisalabad! So if pakistan want to emerge successful in this test series, their best way is to put up a green top with not so exaggerated help for fast bowlers. It shouldnt be a batsman's graveyard!

I dont understand why the ICC is not doing anything over the non apology by Akthar to Dhoni? Some sort of punishment should be handed out to him (e.g. fine him!). Even if its a fake apology from the bowler, it has to be rendered by the bowler to the batsman!
I wouldn't mind seeing a batsman's graveyard. Let the batsmen feel what the bowlers underwent in previous two matches. And plus, we will have a result for sure. Also, would tell us how Indian batsmen play genuine fast bowling and what class the Indian fast bowlers have when they are given a made-to-order fast, green track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread