India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
rahulk666 said:
All said and done, Shoaib Akhtar has not even bowled half the number of beamers in his entire career what Lee bowled in a year or two. IIRC Lee bowled two beamers in a series to same batsman.

That's not the issue though, it doesn't make it ok to bowl beamers.

Shoaib could be a star at the 3rd test "IF" the pitch suites him,

An' com-on people lets Hope Imran Farhat gets a chance to play , really Shoaib Malik needs a rest :p , got?a feeling India may win last test match but I really don? know.

cc2003btw said:
That's not the issue though, it doesn't make it ok to bowl beamers.
Yep I agree. But its unfair to say that Akhtar is as bad as Lee. Yes, if Akhtar bowls another 1-2 beamers in this series then its ok but as fact stands, Lee is more notorious when it comes to bowling beamers.

usy said:

An' com-on people lets Hope Imran Farhat gets a chance to play , really Shoaib Malik needs a rest :p , got?a feeling India may win last test match but I really don? know.

You say Shoaib could be a star of the 3rd test but you feel India will win?

Anyways, I really hope that a Pakistani fan's words that India will win, comes true!

Ganguly might be inducted into the squad for the final test

Source : Indiatimes

If this is true, then it would be really good news for India! The article says Harbhajan might be the man to miss out for the final test at Karachi starting on Sunday! But there is also a possibility to bring in an opener to replace Bhajji and let him open with Sehwag and Dravid coming one down!

saisrini80 said:
Even if Inzy doesnt play, the wicket should encourage the bowlers! Well if a batting beauty is dished out for this test too, then India emerge the moral winners of the series because their batting has always been notches higher than pakistan's and have successfully outbatted Pakistan in both Lahore and Faisalabad! So if pakistan want to emerge successful in this test series, their best way is to put up a green top with not so exaggerated help for fast bowlers. It shouldnt be a batsman's graveyard!

I dont understand why the ICC is not doing anything over the non apology by Akthar to Dhoni? Some sort of punishment should be handed out to him (e.g. fine him!). Even if its a fake apology from the bowler, it has to be rendered by the bowler to the batsman!

I don't think India will emerge as "moral winners" purely on the basis of batting. Pak. played very well, at a high RPO. Most of their batsmen have contributed and at a good pace as well. Same goes with India, barring Sachin/Yuvraj.
India have bowled better, on the basis of wickets and also the line, considering the fact that Pakistan were in excellent form, particularly their batsmen. Akthar and Kaneria and to some extent Asif bowled well, but were not as consistent.

Regarding the beamer...i just have feeling that Akthar is back to his arrogant ways. I mean, when you bowl a beamer..accidentally, you tend to apologize. Thats more like common sense, not just the "spirit of the game". When you don't apologize, there might be other factors involved....

You don't call a person "a star" when he performs well ONLY if the pitch suits him.

Last edited:
yes , if shoaib gets 5 or 4 wicket ,does it mean Pakistan really have to win , you know wat i mean , hope you do.

Well I don't think he needed to apologize. He and all the other bowlers took a battering. They should be allowed a bit of anger.

ZoraxDoom said:
Well I don't think he needed to apologize. He and all the other bowlers took a battering. They should be allowed a bit of anger.
Wow!! Anger in form of trying to seroiusly injure a batsman? Bouncers can sometimes seriously hurt the batsman leave alone a beamer. Beamer is the worst kind of ball a batsman can ever hope facing. It could hurt the batsman severely and even kill him. Also, bowling a beamer is not within playing in the spirit of the game. Had Dhoni's career would have disturbed by the Akhtar delivery, will you have said the same, that he should have been allowed to do it.

P.S. I am not saying Akhtar bowled the beamer on purpose. but having bowled it, it would have been a nice gesture if he would have apologized for it.

ZoraxDoom said:
well there isn't any rule written that forces a bowler/batsmen to apologize for that matter...but it is just common sense/spirit to do so. I would consider such a person who doesn't apologize...as very arrogant.

rahulk666 said:
P.S. I am not saying Akhtar bowled the beamer on purpose. but having bowled it, it would have been a nice gesture if he would have apologized for it.

Accoring to Sanjay Manj, Akhtar did appologized to Dhoni after the match

saisrini80 said:
Even if Inzy doesnt play, the wicket should encourage the bowlers! Well if a batting beauty is dished out for this test too, then India emerge the moral winners of the series because their batting has always been notches higher than pakistan's and have successfully outbatted Pakistan in both Lahore and Faisalabad! !

There is nothing as such as "moral winner", a draw is a draw. Pakistan also batted well, frankly there wasn't much difference b/w the two teams batting on a dead meaningless pitch.

usy said:
yes , if shoaib gets 5 or 4 wicket ,does it mean Pakistan really have to win , you know wat i mean , hope you do.

Shoaib will struggle again, Pakistan's batting will crumble this time to Zaheer Khan and Kumble(if pitch is levely) and India will win the match, which will be good for all of us :cheers

ZoraxDoom said:
What!! Are you stupid?? Bowling a beamer on purpose is akin to attempted murder.

Get over it, Its a part of cricket...:rolleyes:

Expect a full house frist minute of the game! There hasn'r been a test in Karachi for ages, and it is the most encouraging crowd in Pakistan. A true Cricket city. :D

Pak_cricketer said:
Get over it, Its a part of cricket...:rolleyes:

Expect a full house frist minute of the game! There hasn'r been a test in Karachi for ages, and it is the most encouraging crowd in Pakistan. A true Cricket city. :D

Hope they give a standing ovation to victorious Indian team on the last day of the match.

Wahindiawah said:
Hope they give a standing ovation to victorious Indian team on the last day of the match.
For one thing Karachi crowd was great when India played a ODI over there last time around. (and won too??)... Certainly better than our Kolkata crowd... which boos the home team... as if the players in the team got rid of their "Prince"

Last edited:
Yes India won, but it was a thriller. Chasing 356 Pakistan managed to get 350, but then Moin Khan failed to hit a six on the last bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread