India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason that South Africa declared against the Aussies were because they were 1-0 down in the third game of a 3-test series. That declaration made sense. This declaration (if it happened) would have been an incredibly stupid move. There's a different between trying to make a game out of a dull draw and giving the game away. The only way India could have won that game is if they had taken 8 wickets in a session and a bit. Their inability to do that shows that Pakistan would not have been able to repeat the feat.

Zorax Doom doesn't seem to have any knowledge of pitches. You talk about green wickets like it will stay green all 5 days, if you knew about them you'd know that on day one it would swing all over the place and then become a flat deck, remember Lahore and Rawalpindi. You talk about cowardice, getting any wickets on that track would have been impossible, though I agree Younis should have declared earlier to at least leave a chance of victory. Pak would never have benefited if Akhtar had injuired himself, whoever many few overs he bowled. Unlike your 'fast' bowlers Shoaib is a full on bowler that puts more stresses on his body in one spell than any of your guys do in a whole day hence the likelihood of re-aggravating an injuiry obtained in the one dayers against Eng is very probable. You really have no idea what you're talking about Zorax.

ZoraxDoom said:
Looks like you have lost your faith in Kaneria and Akhtar. You do remember what they did to England, right? Even if you left 35(ish) overs, there was always the question of alteast trying to force a result. Smith's declaration against the Aussies is a prime example of good sportsmanship. They lost, but tried to force a result and took a risk. If you weren't scared, it was poor sportsmanship by Younis Khan and Pakistan.

There is a huge difference b/w Eng and India, besides how many wkts have Akhtar and Kaneria got against India in this series???

On top Akhtar was injured!!!

Declaration make little sense to me as there is no way Pak would have got even half the Indian team out in 35 overs, one should always be realistic enough to realise

MAJID-A said:
Zorax Doom doesn't seem to have any knowledge of pitches. You talk about green wickets like it will stay green all 5 days, if you knew about them you'd know that on day one it would swing all over the place and then become a flat deck, remember Lahore and Rawalpindi. You talk about cowardice, getting any wickets on that track would have been impossible, though I agree Younis should have declared earlier to at least leave a chance of victory. Pak would never have benefited if Akhtar had injuired himself, whoever many few overs he bowled. Unlike your 'fast' bowlers Shoaib is a full on bowler that puts more stresses on his body in one spell than any of your guys do in a whole day hence the likelihood of re-aggravating an injuiry obtained in the one dayers against Eng is very probable. You really have no idea what you're talking about Zorax.

Are you in anyway trying to justify Shoaib Akthar? I dont think you need bowlers who give their everything for just a small spell but then breakdown in the longer run and are of very little value to the team!

In fact, Kaneria was turning the ball well on the 4th day and was bowling in a very good manner! Akthar is always dangerous with his speed! So I feel Pakistan might have taken a chance! It would have at least made a statement that they are not a defensive team but an aggressive team! The captain by such a move, might have changed the mindset of his team mates which would have helped them in the future run when they encounter similar situations!

Even if Pak had lost, I feel Younis Khan would have been appreciated for making a game out of it!

saisrini80 said:
Even if Pak had lost, I feel Younis Khan would have been appreciated for making a game out of it!
You are wrong there. Indians and Pakistani fans are very emotional and if Pakistan would have lost that match then the fans would have gone crazy and their anger would have been fueled by media bashing. Younis khan could have lost his place in the side... His family or his house would have been endangered had they lost... but had they won, who knows... Younis Khan would have replaced Inzi... :)
Remember that in India and Pakistan, with a wrong move by player or loss to country, the player's or team's families come in direct danger...
Did you forget so soon what Indian cricket fans did to Kaif and Dravid's houses and families when India lost to Australia in league phase of WC2003?

Last edited:
MAJID-A said:

Indeed, Shoaib is so good that when he gets smacked around, he bowls beautiful beamers so that he can put stresses on the batsmen's bodies!

Indiangod said:
I heard Karachi might be another flat pitch, this test series as been boring so far, I hope Karachi has got something in for the bowlers.
I saw footage of pitch preparation on Pakistani TV this morning. It looked pretty green to me.

prarara said:
Indeed, Shoaib is so good that when he gets smacked around, he bowls beautiful beamers so that he can put stresses on the batsmen's bodies!
Yeah.. and not even apologize... he too should get a nasty beamer thrown at him by Lee or someone to see how scary it can be...

Akram Slams Woolmer And Inzi

nightprowler10 said:
I saw footage of pitch preparation on Pakistani TV this morning. It looked pretty green to me.

Hope it stays green until Sunday, with Shoaib and Inzi having fitness issues you never know. :rolleyes:

"I apologize for deciding to become a commentator as it is very painful to watch such boring cricket coming from Pakistan. They are such a talented side but why aren't they being positive. Please tell, Bob Woolmer to be positive",
"Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) should stop making excuses as everyone knows that the coach and the captain have always had a say in preparation of the wicket. I have captained the side for eight years and I know what it is. Statements like 'I am not a grounds man' from the present skipper is not an acceptable excuse,".
Wasim Akram

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
You are wrong there. Indians and Pakistani fans are very emotional and if Pakistan would have lost that match then the fans would have gone crazy and their anger would have been fueled by media bashing. Younis khan could have lost his place in the side... His family or his house would have been endangered had they lost... but had they won, who knows... Younis Khan would have replaced Inzi... :)
Remember that in India and Pakistan, with a wrong move by player or loss to country, the player's or team's families come in direct danger...
Did you forget so soon what Indian cricket fans did to Kaif and Dravid's houses and families when India lost to Australia in league phase of WC2003?

The situation is not the same as it was in 2003-04, Rahul! The tensions between the two countries have toned down a lot and the defeats for either countries is not seen in such a huge emotional manner! Yes, a defeat to very big team leads to criticism, but I dont think the pelting of houses would have been done had Pakistan lost at Faisalabad?

nightprowler10 said:

2 more days to go for the test! Would love to hear from you on how it is a day or hours before the test!

prarara said:

When the hell did he bowl a beamer, just cause you don't have any real fast bowler which bowls over 85 mph :rolleyes: Shoaib can be very dangerous, I hope you remember Calcutta! Some people are just too bias.

Even with a green Pitch, Our Pace bowling attack will always be stronger than Indias'. But when it comes to spinners, India have talent.

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
What special did Younis Khan do to earn the Man of the match? RP Singh was not expected to pick 5 wicket on such a flat wicket considering that its his debut match! And a 4 wicket haul in his very first innings is quite an achievement!

In fact, Dhoni also deserved the award! His was a special knock when India were under pressure after losing 5 wickets!

Younis Khan has been playing these type of innings right from the Lahore and his run fest continues. Nothing special! But special performances ought to be awarded!

he did 194 and 83.also what r p singh did only 5 wickets in 2 innings.

muhammad_inzi said:
he did 194 and 83.also what r p singh did only 5 wickets in 2 innings.

well......dud as saisrini80 said this match was a debut match for him....that means first match in his career facing pak. and he picked up 4 wickets in 1st inning so its better than good. aite so he achieved something in his DEBUT MATCH.....

Pak_cricketer said:
When the hell did he bowl a beamer, just cause you don't have any real fast bowler which bowls over 85 mph :rolleyes: Shoaib can be very dangerous, I hope you remember Calcutta! Some people are just too bias.

Even with a green Pitch, Our Pace bowling attack will always be stronger than Indias'. But when it comes to spinners, India have talent.

Shoaib did bowl a beamer and many people witnessed it. It probably wasn't intentional but it was mighty dangerous and was very frustrated because he wasn't taking wickets. But still a beamer is not a way to overcome frustration.

What happened to the media coverage on Ahktar beamer? When Lee bowls when the whole press is over it. Must be those Kiwi media making it such a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread