India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there really any point in the Pakistani groundsman creating batting pitches that Hoggard could get a century on?

m_vaughan said:
I do not believe the Indian bowlers outperformed their Pakistani counterparts. Thats impossible.
India's batting is better than Pakistan's and its almost impossible to get them out on pitches like these.

They didnt outperform them technically, but they were certainly more determined to take those wickets. So in that sense indian bowlers did outperform their pakistani couterparts.

On a side note, 2791 runs have been scored in the series so far for the loss of 36 wickets. Total doesnt even add up to standard 40 wickets in a test game.

Pak_cricketer said:
Maximum I've seen is around 75 mph.. Usually his average is 71-72 mph.

Well yes that is too slow for an opening bowler unless he has amazing variations or something. Paul Collingwood is quicker than that.

And donkey, alot of the overs were lost particularly in the first test so that would account for part of the lack of wickets being taken. But still they are ridiculous figures for such competitive sides.

I just hope Pakistan has prepared a balanced pitch at Karachi, it's as if they're playing for a draw and not a win.

pal said:
I just hope Pakistan has prepared a balanced pitch at Karachi, it's as if they're playing for a draw and not a win.

They seem to be a little bit concerned about the Indian bowling attack! What surprises me is that when even the Indian fans doubt abt the ability of the Indian bowling attack to pick 20 wickets in a match to dismiss the opposition, Pakistan it seems have confidence that they can pick 20 wickets if given a good track for the bowlers! That is the indication why they have been picking such dumb tracks for this series!

P.s: Thats what I feel! Need not necessarily be true!

stevie said:
Thanks. They better reverse swing more than those Kooka's do!
SAG Balls are similar to the Dukes ball used in the U.K .

Pak_cricketer said:
Maximum I've seen is around 75 mph.. Usually his average is 71-72 mph.
No,Afridi bowled a ball in this test which was 80 MPH,much quicker than what Pathan does!

muhammad_inzi said:
I am not happy with man of the match, i think its should be Younis Khan.

What special did Younis Khan do to earn the Man of the match? RP Singh was not expected to pick 5 wicket on such a flat wicket considering that its his debut match! And a 4 wicket haul in his very first innings is quite an achievement!

In fact, Dhoni also deserved the award! His was a special knock when India were under pressure after losing 5 wickets!

Younis Khan has been playing these type of innings right from the Lahore and his run fest continues. Nothing special! But special performances ought to be awarded!

You really like exclamation marks. Anyway I agree, Dhoni probably deserved it as his innings was significant to the outcome of the match. But Younis Khan did get 83& 194.

Last edited:
muhammad_inzi said:
I am not happy with man of the match, i think its should be Younis Khan.
sorry mate i dont agree with u.i think it should be Zaheer khan.he's the one who bowled really well in this test.

i think afridi should have been man of the match got 150, plus two wickets very wrong decision to give rp singh man of the match zaheer khan got more wicket then him

i think Pakistani squad for karachi test:
Salam Butt
Imran Farhat
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousaf
Inzimam
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Shaoib Akhtar
Umer Gul
Mohammad Asif
Danish

ZoraxDoom said:
Zaheer!!! Fabulous!! Next match he better be opening the bowling or else, to quote Russel Peters, "Someone is gonna get hurt real bad!!'
"Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad. Somebody."

@RP Singh: Maybe they gave him the MoM so that India will play him in the next match and he'll get tonked around. Ha, doesn't seem like it and I don't think my argument makes sense. But why else would they give it to him? Even on a flat pitch, 194 is not a small deal. But I guess they wanted to give the award to a bowler, seeing as they are dying quickly in this series.

@Inzy not declaring: perhaps he could have declared once they'd got a bunch of runs on the board, but then he probably thought his other batsmen might as well have a bat. No matter how competitive you want to get, you were not going to get 10 wickets in less than a day on this pitch. Seeing the seriousness of this series, it would have been stupid if Inzy had declared and lost the match.

@Karachi: Pakistan could sniffle the series here. If India's batting has looked good, Pakistan's has looked majestic. However, I would like to see if a bit of aid from the pitch will do better for the Indians or the Pakistanis. I don't think the Karachi pitch will be as flat as this one--or India may reject future tours to Pakistan, seeing as their management is being impulsive nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread