India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I saw Dhoni bowling 115-120 KMPH with a short runup.
If he had a run up like Akthar he would go past 160 KMPH.

What a boring test match again??? This series so far has been more than a damp squib!!!

Hope Karachi at least produces a result and saves this series from being one of the worst ever India-Pakistan series ever played! Thank god, Inzy is fit to play! Now will Pakistan prepare a pitch with some juice for the bowlers? They dont need to prepare a bowler's paradise. They need a prepare a pitch that offers something for the bowlers and the batsman!

Dhoni bowling was damn funny! Why didnt Dravid bowl? Dravid wanted to make a strong statement abt the pitch when he made Dhoni bowl! Dravid is excellent!

Zaheer is definitely there for Karachi! He is playing there along with RP and Pathan! If at all a change is effected, it should be Ganguly for Harbhajan Singh who didnt pick a wicket here. Even if he got some turn here, he has to pick some wickets which he didnt! He is clearly not comfortable with the Kookaburra ball! Ganguly should replace him and strengthen the batting order!

I do not believe the Indian bowlers outperformed their Pakistani counterparts. Thats impossible.
India's batting is better than Pakistan's and its almost impossible to get them out on pitches like these.

m_vaughan said:
I do not believe the Indian bowlers outperformed their Pakistani counterparts. Thats impossible.
India's batting is better than Pakistan's and its almost impossible to get them out on pitches like these.

Well, that has been the case in this series. Whatever way you write it (i.e. either the Indian bowlers outperformed their Pakistani counterparts or the Pakistani bowlers performed poorly than the Indian counterparts!).

The Indian bowlers have been better so far in this series!

stevie said:
Just out of interest, what ball's do you use in India, Sai?

In India, they use SG balls!

I highly doubt that taking a slightly longer run-up to get momentum will increase your pace by 30 km/h. Maybe a bit of extra pace but seriously, think about it. It doesn't look like Andrew Symonds tries when he bowls medium pace, he reaches about 130, I'm sure he can't just try a bit harder and miraculously reach 160. He'd be one of their frontline bowlers othewise.

Last edited:
m_vaughan said:
What? A longer run-up need not mean more pace.

...but more than likely it does lead to more pace*. With the ball already moving at higher speed, and the added momentum of the body-more pace is indubitably generated...if utilized properly by the bowler.

*ah I didn't read the entire thing, a longer run-up wont lead to +30 Km/h.

Last edited:
Pathan is slow for a pacers standerds.. Even Afridi bowled a faster deliveries than him. Afridi also bowled 2 bouncers to VVS Laxman!

stevie said:
Thanks. They better reverse swing more than those Kooka's do!
Which is why I don't quite understand why the PCB insist on using Kookaburra's. Why not use a domestic brand like most other countries. I know we use a Pakistani brand in domestic cricket. Anybody know which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread