India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a day!!! NO one expected this after Lahore and Faisalabad!

I thought India did very well to keep Pakistan to 39-6 but then what an innings from Akmal!!! Absolutely stunning!! One of the best ever innings seen in an Indo-Pak contest!

Pathan bowled beautifully and picked up 5 wickets! He got that bit of help from the track and man, he was devastating!!! I watched the whole first over and the atmosphere was pumping with fire!!!

India 56/4 at end of Day 1. ADVANTAGE PAKISTAN! SORRY! Its advantage Pakistan! Pakistan end Day 1 on a big high! Even though Sachin Tendulkar hasnt performed well for India off late, his wicket is always a psychological pressure on the Indians and a big boost for the Pakistanis! I have always held Razzaq in high esteem and he seems to reserve his best for India too!

Dada - this is one big big opportunity! I know many wont have any hopes on him to deliver here, but I would like to remain optimistic of a fine show from him tomorrow. If he can build a good partnership with Yuvraj tomorrow, then India still have our best batsmen MS Dhoni and Irfan Pathan to come! But first thing tomorrow morning should be for both batsmen to settle down. And that means not just playing out balls without scoring runs. They have to rotate strike as well!

It was a really interesting day! This series has been so dead but this day has brought it back to big life! Cant wait for Day 2 to unfold! But things look ominous for India at the moment!

Yep, good bowling by Irfan Pathan, and now Shoaib and Asif are Bowling well. Nice to see Bowlers get somthing in this series. Welldone to both team bowler.

dada vs shoaib a huge mismatch
india run rate 4.53 for some weird reasons

aditya123 said:
What a poor shot by Farhat ! Pakistan will miss the swing of Rana Naved !

A poor Shot , doesnt matter, we will se Imran's Second Innings :p
----
Yeah we will miss Rana Naved , very much true.

Great day for both sides some great bowling & batting we saw on this first day
Pathan bowling at his best,simply great bowling,great knock by Akmal :clap
overall a fine day,14 wickets on day 1 plenty of drama left ;)

Laulz, a rare occurring in the Cricketing World; Ganguly hits Akhtar for a 4 and that too on the leg side.:laugh:laugh:rtfl:rtfl

donkey said:
dada vs shoaib a huge mismatch
india run rate 4.53 for some weird reasons

Why is that a mismatch? This is a new Dada.....

Did you see that final over? He hit a good timed shot for four. And then he ran an aggressive two when he could have easily opted for just a single and saved his wicket for Day 2. In fact,it was unlike Ganguly who doesnt opt for such a quick second run! He was ready to face Akthar for one final delivery of the day! He is really positive in his intent!

Ha Ha Adarsh! I posted that message and I saw ur message on the play restarting! Then went to see that it was 61/4! Anyways, it is said Day 2 and Day 3 would be the most easiest for batting! So some good hope there for India! But still after 39-6, its a remarkable comeback from Pakistan and I still say they hold a slight advantage!

siddharth2002 said:
Laulz, a rare occurring in the Cricketing World; Ganguly hits Akhtar for a 4 and that too on the leg side.
laugh1.gif
laugh1.gif
yelrotflmao.gif
yelrotflmao.gif

Well, Ganguly is not an object of ridicule of such extents! Well I know ur entitled to your own comments but according to my opinion, thats taking it too far regarding making fun of Saurav!

scorpion_rulezz said:
Great day for both sides some great bowling & batting we saw on this first day
Pathan bowling at his best,simply great bowling,great knock by Akmal :clap
overall a fine day,14 wickets on day 1 plenty of drama left ;)

Oh definitely YES! There's plenty more left. I feel its a good decision by whoever concerned to go with a green pitch here at Karachi! It has set up a fantastic battle and no one knows who is going to win here! Cant even guess!

I think we are probably over-rating Mr. Akhtar a bit. Yes he is a good bowler, but his bowling hasnt been all that great today. Bowled all over the place at times. And as far as Ganguly is concerned, he is more than capable of hitting Akhtar and Co. to all parts of Karachi. Underestimate the tiger at your own peril!

exciting day's play. Certainly the best.
Akmal played a brilliant knock, very similar to Dhoni's. Akthar was the surprise, with 45 and helped Pak. out of trouble.

Pak. should be happy at the end, with india 74/4. Sachin was in wonderful touch...just for that slight misjudgement that cost him the wicket.
tomorrow's play is going to be crucial and very interesting!

saisrini80 said:
Well, Ganguly is not an object of ridicule of such extents! Well I know ur entitled to your own comments but according to my opinion, thats taking it too far regarding making fun of Saurav!
Thats nothing in fact. I'd give 100 more reasons but thats not worth my time. I already knew about Tendulkar failure and posted it and also told who's gonna get him out in which over while in the chatroom cause I m so dam sure about these old spot-grabbers!! In an era where Steve Waugh and Chris Cairns are retiring rightfully your "Dada" is still playing. This is absolutely atrocios and unbearble. For his sake India had to sacrifice Rahul's wicket in opening slot.

P.S. off to sleep. C ya guys tomorrow in chatroom!!

Last edited:
siddharth2002 said:
Thats nothing in fact. I'd give 100 more reasons but thats not worth my time. I already knew about Tendulkar failure and posted it and also told who's gonna get him out in which over while in the chatroom cause I m so dam sure about these old spot-grabbers!! In an era where Steve Waugh and Chris Cairns are retiring rightfully your "Dada" is still playing. This is absolutely atrocios and unbearble. For his sake India had to sacrifice Rahul's wicket in opening slot.
Thats rubbish! Cairns and Waugh are 35+. I think its still a bit too early to say whether Ganguly has reached that stage. And for your kind information, Dravid does have two hundreds this series in that opening slot. Anyways even when ganguly dint play, Dravid STILL opened the innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread