India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
it sure does. All the pace bowlers got wickets and bowled with fire..someting missing for a long time.

siddharth2002 said:
Thats nothing in fact. I'd give 100 more reasons but thats not worth my time. I already knew about Tendulkar failure and posted it and also told who's gonna get him out in which over while in the chatroom cause I m so dam sure about these old spot-grabbers!! In an era where Steve Waugh and Chris Cairns are retiring rightfully your "Dada" is still playing. This is absolutely atrocios and unbearble. For his sake India had to sacrifice Rahul's wicket in opening slot.

P.S. off to sleep. C ya guys tomorrow in chatroom!!

Are you in any relation with the team management? How do you know Dravid sacrificed his wicket in opening slot? DO you mean to say Ganguly refused to open? No body expect the team knows what discussion those two had in the middle (unless you're a mouth reader).

I heard Steve Waugh was asked to retire by the board. Again it was just "HEARD". Was Ganguly offered such a chance? How do you expect him to bite the bullet?

Pak_cricketer said:
The first hour of play today will be crucial!

Everyone predicting the first hour of tomorrow to be crucial! So much hopes a single day has brought in to the game and the series!

My words that Karachi produces great and high quality games stands vindicated!

hassan17 said:
when was dhoni in the same pressure as akmal/ i think this is the best knockyou will see by a keeper ...well done akmal

Well when you face a fast bowler of Akthar's pace, its definitely tough to bat against! And India were in some sort of pressure with the top order batsmen failing soon enough!

But I wont compare Akmal with Dhoni! Both were brilliant innings! But I just was stunned by Akmal's innings! Expect for that missed stumping by Dhoni, he never ever looked like getting out! He was just AWESOME!

Akthar has tremendously improved as a batsmen! He is batting so well at the moment! 47 and 45? Wow! Pakistan's Irfan? Well, may be not, but he is turning out to be a more than useful batsman!

For those who didn't see the match or didn't notice the missed stumping, Kumble's ball was delivered at 135 kph or 85 mph. That's faster than Afridi. It's hard to keep to a ball that fast standing up to the stumps, expecially when it comes as a surprise.

why is there so many bounderies, our players cant play defensive nomore

It's because at Shoaib's pace even slight deflections fly to the boundary. The other bowlers got hit because they were trying hard to take wickets by keeping the ball up to the batsmen.

Great innings by Kamran Akmal but it is stupid to call it the best innings by a wicket keeper, especially if you can't name 15 wicket keepers off the top of your head. There's no fruit in comparing Akmal to Dhoni. Both have their own strengths.

On a side note, India should be VERY disappointed with what happened. 39/6 and allowing the last four batsmen to add 206 runs is disgusting. Especially at the rate they added it. Good batting from the Pakistanis, of course, but one has to think that India should have tried and plugged the runs from one end.

India are in a better position than Pakistan were in on way, but in another India need to be careful. There is definetly swing in it and unless India can cope with the swing they are in real trouble.

This goes to all the Indian Fans out there,

50 years of Britishers divided us....
Today another game of them can unite us.

by; Usy :)

hondeyho said:
India are in a better position than Pakistan were in on way, but in another India need to be careful. There is definetly swing in it and unless India can cope with the swing they are in real trouble.

But one more thing is that, the swing was more with the new ball. It is said that if you play out the first 15 overs or so with the new ball, then batting becomes much more easier! Thats what happened with pakistan. Their top order werent interested in preserving wickets and fell like nine pins! Razzaq and Akmal came in when it was just the 10th or 11th over and stood for sometime and then they start scoring freely!

India has now played 16 overs... The ball would swing a lot more less tomorrow morning and so India has to take advantage of it and keep scoring at a good clip! They need to try to surpass the Pakistan total and build a good lead when the next new ball is due. The new ball is the weapon that both teams would look to use for this test match! The new ball does a lot on this pitch!

usy said:

Another game of them? Whom? British?

usy said:

not exactly sure...but :cheers

The ball isn't doing much. The pitch is slowing down as well. I think Akthar has a better chance of picking wickets, because he has few variations. It might prove fatal for India.

Last edited:
donkey said:
why is there so many bounderies, our players cant play defensive nomore

When you can score your runs in boundaries, why force yourself to play defensive? India did not go out of their way to hit boundaries. They didnt show signs of being aggressive at all! Tendulkar has the highest strike rate of the batsmen (who scored over 10) and even he didnt look aggressive. Its just that he got those boundary balls more frequently! Its just that the bowlers try a lot more on this pitch which gives them assistance and that gives you those boundary balls more frequently!

Adarsh said:
For those who didn't see the match or didn't notice the missed stumping, Kumble's ball was delivered at 135 kph or 85 mph. That's faster than Afridi. It's hard to keep to a ball that fast standing up to the stumps, expecially when it comes as a surprise.

Wasnt that a missed catch too? Kumble bowled it short and when Akmal charged down to play it, there was a sound when it crossed Akmal onto Dhoni! I thought there was a edge!

saisrini80 said:
Another game of them? Whom? British?

oooooooo, you bad at history, of corse ,
England made the beautiful game of cricket , now played mostly in Sub continent .

cricket_lover said:
not exactly sure...but :cheers

The ball isn't doing much. The pitch is slowing down as well. I think Akthar has a better chance of picking wickets, because he has few variations. It might prove fatal for India.

Be optimistic friend!

If any of Dada, Yuvraj, Dhoni or Pathan put up a good partnership of a 100 or so, we would be in with a good chance! We have to lead by at least more than 60 runs!

usy said:
oooooooo, you bad at history, of corse ,
England made the beautiful game of cricket , now played mostly in Sub continent .

Sorry, couldnt get ur grammar when I read it the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread