India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Cmon Gangs and Yuvi, lets see of the first few overs w/o loosing a wicket!

Last edited:
Shoaib87 said:
A hat-trick doesn't make any bowler "great" or "best" in the world.Even ordinary bowlers have taken hat-tricks e.g Jalaluddin & Mohammad Sami & we all know very well that what place they have amongst the fast bowlers.In the first half an hour or so,the conditions were extremly supportive to fast/medium pace bowling with overcast conditions & any medium pacer could've easily taken 2 or 3 wickets in such conditions.I'm not taking away any credit from him,all I want to say is that conditions helped him more than his own efforts.Irfan Pathan is definitely improving but I don't think he is worthy of being called a "world class" bowler yet.
Talking about helpful conditions,it was not as if they were playing at Hamilton or Headingley .
The pitch had a reasonable amount of juice in it for seam bowling in the first session as any test match wicket has (not Lahore or Faisalabad).

The batsmen were is a false sense of security after the 2 tests at Lahore at Faisalabad where the only direction the ball headed was the middle of th bat.

As somneone mentioned earlier , you`ve got to be skillful enough and disciplined enough to pick up wickets even on an helpful pitch .

UPDATE :

Sourav out ! Once again out to the short delivery.
Game on an even keel.
Ganguly was looking so ggod for many more.

Now, Dhoni joins Yuvraj at the crease.

Last edited:
Laulz, Dhoni and Yuvi both gone. Btw I m in the chatroom, anyone up for discussion on Razzaq's 5 wicktets which he is going to take :p

Oh my goodness! This session again lived up to the big hype of this fluctuating test!

One easily thought India were getting right on top when Saurav and Yuvraj scored 62 off 12 overs in the first hour! But things dramatically changed when Saurav was out to a short ball which he didnt expect at all. I was terribly disappointed because Saurav was looking the best of the two! He was more assured, technically sound and faced Akthar with aplomb!

Yuvraj looked ugly at parts but he played some breathtaking shots too!

Asif and Razzaq bowled really brilliantly! Dhoni was guilty of slashing at many deliveries and finally got the edge! Yuvraj was out to Asif long before he was actually given out!

Now with Kumble in along with Pathan, I will definitely say Pakistan are right on top! If they bundle India out with a lead of 60-70 runs, this game would be theirs for the taking unless India sparks off a dramatic collapse!

Seeing the rate at which runs are scored and wickets being taken, this test match wont possibly go into the fifth day!

Shoaib87 said:
A hat-trick doesn't make any bowler "great" or "best" in the world.Even ordinary bowlers have taken hat-tricks e.g Jalaluddin & Mohammad Sami & we all know very well that what place they have amongst the fast bowlers.In the first half an hour or so,the conditions were extremly supportive to fast/medium pace bowling with overcast conditions & any medium pacer could've easily taken 2 or 3 wickets in such conditions.I'm not taking away any credit from him,all I want to say is that conditions helped him more than his own efforts.Irfan Pathan is definitely improving but I don't think he is worthy of being called a "world class" bowler yet.

Getting a hattrick of tailenders in OD match is different from getting hattrick of 3 top order batsmen in a test match.Irfan has hattrick in OD too, but i never mentioned that, but the fact that he made a hattrick in the very first over of the match and that too of top three inform batsmen speak volumes of his class.

any medium pacer could've easily taken 2 or 3 wickets in such conditions.

Then why haven't it be done in more than 150 years of International cricket if it so easy???

IKP is a world class fast bowler, his averages isn't great right now as he has been made to bowl most of the time on stupid dead pitches but with time it will improve.I think Irfan has the potential to even surpass Akram as a player.

Wahindiawah said:
Getting a hattrick of tailenders in OD match is different from getting hattrick of 3 top order batsmen in a test match.Irfan has hattrick in OD too, but i never mentioned that, but the fact that he made a hattrick in the very first over of the match and that too of top three inform batsmen speak volumes of his class.

Then why haven't it be done in more than 150 years of International cricket if it so easy???

IKP is a world class fast bowler, his averages isn't great right now as he has been made to bowl most of the time on stupid dead pitches but with time it will improve.I think Irfan has the potential to even surpass Akram as a player.

Agreed. Although it defintely does not make a bowler great if they take a hat-trick, ordinary bowlers do not just rack up three wickets in a row against three class-top order batsman full of confidence following up from previous innings. It takes something to move that momentum between test matches and swing the innings in India's favour in the first over. Pathan is willing to learn plenty of variations and deceptions and has effectively executed them, that's not an easy thing to do.

Pathan scoring some very crucial runs . He is proving to be a very good allrounder.
He picked up a 5er as well !

The lead is below 50 now.

Wow! This is what Indo-Pak test cricket is all about!

Pakistan have an almost nothing lead of 7 runs! Fantastic batting by Pathan and Zaheer Khan! I cant believe they reduced the lead that much

Now is the excitement (we've already had lots of it and still lots more to come!). What total will Pakistan eye? What approach they are going to take? What will be a good fourth innings target?

Pathan was receiving a fair bit of critisism on here, he's certainly put them to shame. Well done Irfan!

Also my FC team is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread