India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hariz said:
Well well, India all out for 238 and Pakistan going pretty nicely with a lead of 180 already, having lost only the openers. I am pretty happy with Razzaq's bowling, as he was quoted to have lost all of his sting and has proved his critics wrong both with his batting and bowling. Mohammad Asif is a fantastic find for Pakistan...he can swing the ball and just needs to get a bit quicker as Waqar was mentioning and he will be pretty dangerous then.
Yes, Asif was very impressive. Actually he bowled very well in the 2nd test too, but his stats don't show it. I don't have a problem with his speed.

160(ish)/2 at stumps. Ganguly picking the first wicket to fall with a beautiful inswinger to Butt, and Pathan getting Farhat off a mistimed pull. Yousuf and Khan seeing off the end of the day...

India out for 238, Pakistan are on 173-2, the lead is streched to 180, India needs quick wickets tommorow, India can chase anything up to 350. So quick wickets is vital tommorow.

IF India can restrict Pakistan to 350, then I have a hunch they will win, as there is so much time left. IF Pakistan get out for 350, it will probably be around tea tomorrow. That leaves India with half the test match to get 350. This may sound crazy but I back India to win even if Pakistan get to 400, due to the time remaining in the match.

I think some one said Imran Farhat is Crap, well Imran is soo Crap that he could score 50 against India, Why cant people think before they post ?

Iam watching an Imran Khan interview on NDTV .
He reckons it could even be a draw.

Another stat says that the side batting last has only been bowled out twice in 37 test matches !
The pitch definitely seems to be easing out.

As I said earlier, most of the so called `greentops` in the subcontinent turn out to be good batting wickets by end of Day 2.
What is worse for the bowlers is that there is very little turn in the track due to the grass on the pitch which does not allow it to break up.

I hope by day 4, the track will look good for batting, this would build to Indias advantage batting second.

I think they should let Ganguly bowl often. He can pick up wickets too. But don't know why Dravid is not letting him bowl.

If Irfan gets some quick wickets 2morrow, then India may have a chance , or i too think it will be a draw or maybe if pakistan score quick runs 2morrow then pakistan.

Indiangod said:
I hope by day 4, the track will look good for batting, this would build to Indias advantage batting second.

Well batting in the 4th innings of a test match is never easy, regardless of the pitch. The pitch still has something for the bowlers, if exploited correctly.

usy said:
If Irfan gets some quick wickets 2morrow, then India may have a chance , or i too think it will be a draw or maybe if pakistan score quick runs 2morrow then pakistan.

Well, a draw is almost impossible because both teams have scored really fast and have picked up wickets really fast! I expect Pakistan to score at a good pace tomorrow and I also expect India to pick wickets to keep plugging at them!

If India can get Pakistan all out for 350, I definitely back them to try to win this test match! Seeing how fast Younis and Yousuf can score, they will score 177 more runs by tea tomorrow (as some one said!).

And as aditya says, the grass has remained even all over the pitch and that helps it avoid breaking up! So you cant expect much turn! Its going to be a very good batting wicket as it goes on!

I think Pakistan have a better chance of winning this one. Just watch, tomorrow they'll be playing like in ODI. Afridi, Akmal and Razzaq will be hitting those big shots. Pakistan will have lead of 400+ and will let India bat for 15-20 overs tomorrow and day 5; and that's enough time to bowl all out India. Pakistan will win the series 1-0.
Man of the series: Younis Khan
Man of the match: Kamran Akmal

Last edited:
I reckon this match can only go 2 ways, Pakistawn or a draw, unless something strange happens, like Pathan takes a hattrick. Pakistan will want to score quickly, and if I was them bat on another 4? sessions maybe.

Dhoni said:
I think Pakistan have a better chance of winning this one. Just watch, tomorrow they'll be playing like in ODI. Afridi, Akmal and Razzaq will be hitting those big shots. Pakistan will have lead of 400+ and will let India bat for 15-20 overs tomorrow and day 5; and that's enough time to bowl all out India. Pakistan will win the series 1-0.
Man of the series: Younis Khan
Man of the match: Kamran Akmal

good prediction but man of the match i think pathan

A draw is almost out of the picture barring rain or bad weather .
The pressure of facing a big score could be huge but having said that, India had been coped well under pressure of 679 and 588 runs in the last 2 tests !

Tendulkar is due for a big one and contrary to people who feel he is out of touch, I feel he is in real good form and so are the other Indian batsmen.
It is not often that Tendulkar ends a series without a big score.
Even in the SRL series in which he was said to be in a `not so good form`, he scored a hundred !

I would back India to score 350 in the second Innings as well.

The way Sourav played today and y`day would tempt me to open with him in the II innings if I were the captain.
He looked the most solid among the Indian batsmen.

This test match is going to be real close .
I can already foresee something really historic in the next few days.
A tribute to Indo-Pak contests and the curator at Karachi for making reviving a dead series after the first 2 tests.

This Indian side is mentally a very strong unit.
From 181/8 they ended up even with the Pakistan total where sides of the past could have easily given away a lead of 50+ which would have been huge .
Pathan batting at No.8 really speaks volumes of the batting depth we have.

Whatever might be the result, this test has entertained us unlike the graveyards at Lahore and Faislabad .

I have a feeling that Pakistan might be bowled out just after tea tomorrow leaving India with a score of around 360 to get.

I would open with Ganguly and Sehwag with Rahul batting at No.3 and Laxman at No.6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread